rainbow queen

did u watch east enders tonight

disgrace it was :(:(

i couldnt hear it fully but it went along lines of dr pretending to say a joke to moe about woman coming to him with adhd son

whom he said they call s.a.d.d.o.s. or something in the proffession like dr banter

it stood for some digusting remark agaisnt mums of children with adhd

didnt quite catch it

then cracked on to say they just want pills so they can dope child up to sit watching tv all day

i nearly choked :huh::huh:

fancy saying that on a soap :wallbash::shame::shame::angry:

wonder if they get any complaints

i hardly watch eastenders normally i just was eating my tea and caught it :o

I did watch eastenders, but also missed a bit my ears picked up when they mentioned ADHD, but could not hear (coz of kids talking so LOUDLY) what it stands for (the SADDO) bit. I bet they get loads of complaints i was gonna watch it again at 10 just to be sure what he said.

Justamom

I didn't like it either. Not really necessary. Never have liked doctors as I've always suspected they are really like that and allot worse.

it WAS discusting. how dare they make remarks like this. i have complained. more ammunition to throw at the parents and more chance of adhd kids getting bullied because their parents are "saddos"

I watched it aswell i think its disgusting what he said, My daughter has a.d.h.d aswell as aspergers and i would never put her on meds just to shut her up.. as he put it.

But you are right in what you say. I allways thought my doctor thought the same about me... and it made me feel really paronoid as a parent,Why would any parent want to give their kids meds without a good reason behind it?..they make me so angry with there iggnorant views,

Hope they get a good telling off for doing it...

Lucky you didn't hear the idiot on radio two today then! :angry:

Never watch eastenders it's far too depressing and dreary.

Brook

Soaps and reality tv are banded in our house anyway. I really think soaps are destructive and brainwash kids and people into thinking its ok to be horrible.

I too was most displeased. Might not be a bad idea to bombard the BBC with complaints about it? We all have to put up with enough small-minded people and comments like that does nothing to help raise awareness of asd.

Caroline.

ive just complained,my ds isnt on any meds for his adhd although it was recommanded,we cope with it and he is above adverage for all his subjects at sch and a lovely little boy,he certainly doenst sit in front of the box he goes to his performing arts sch on a sat and has auditioned for casting directors such as pippa hall that cast the kids for the new narnia and nanny mcphee and nina gold that cast for rome on bb2 along with his motorcross biking and skateboarding etc.

I have sent off complaint and drawn attention to the fact they would never have said anything along those lines regarding a person who had trouble seeing or walking as it would be seen in poor taste the same is true of ADHD as it is in effect a disability.

Really angry!!

Carrie

I sent my complaint via the Eastenders own page where they have a questions section.

It makes me sick these programmes feel its ok to poke fun and make ignorant remarks about "hidden disabilities" like they do.

I was also not happy watching the Bill about a young man with learning disabilities being suspected of harming a child, I just hope they handle the rest of the story line fairly.

oki SADO stands for stupid, aggressive & dangerously out of order......apparently

but from what i heard he was just talking about one specific mother not all mothers of children with ADD in general....although having a name for them does kinda insinuate otherwise :\

Guest hallyscomet

I believe they only say this sort of cr*p as they know it is going to rufle some feathers, and in the end it helps boost their ratings, these tv shows and radio hosts that use these lines, are just using you for ratings, to boost their pathetic shows, because they know they will get a reaction, and a big reaction with ADHD, so I suggest you just ignore them :( its just numbers seeking ratings seeking stint. Truly.Just dont watch the show, thats the best revenge. :devil::thumbs:

the remark was made about one particular patient and not a general thing. Unfortunately there are people out there who are like that and do just want meds to shut their kids up, giving genuine parents a bad name.

I think the whole point of the statement he made was to highlight how parents are made to feel by GP's. Mo went on to say, "is that how GP's think about me, I just worry that something is wrong with Freddy, does that make me a CP (concerned parent) cos we are all concerned when our kids are ill" or words to that effect.

Unfortunately most people watching wouldn't have noticed the message behind it.