mel

$^%&$$" fuming

my nt 14 year old has come home from school today with an enormous bruise covering her forearm. apparently a boy sat next to her and was digging his pencil into her arm over and over again. The teacher finally realised what was happening and told him to stop because he was - wait for it- being annoying! my daughter has been bullied at that school now for 3 years and none of the teachers are willing to do anything about it!! :wallbash:

Sorry guys. just needed a quick rant. Looks like im yet again gonna be on the phone to the school :angry::angry::angry::wallbash:

:angry::angry:

I assume you took a picture and are keepig a record of incidents. If nothing else works, a letter to the Chair of Governors usually stirs things up.

In our experience letters tend to have more effect than telephone calls and promises don't get forgotten quite so quickly :wallbash:

good luck

nemo

Guest hallyscomet

Bullied for three years this is terrible. Time to get those boxing gloves on hun..... dont put up with this......

I know some kids say dont I will handle it myself as if you get involved it will only get worse.

Well, thats not true. Go to the top even the board of education if the Principal isnt acting in your childs interests.

Something can and must be done. Names incidents keep a diary if you have to.

I have been down that path and believe me it was worth making waves. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

H.

yes Nemo, i do have a photo, and the arm which is badly bruised. Thank you for your advice i am going to be taking it. yours too hailey. thank you both. I have calmed down enough to deal with the school so i am going to see them this morning.

>:D<<'>

My Nt daughter whoes 14 now went through a phase of being bullied for about 6 months.I knew nothing about it untill i found a note shed written in her bedroom saying how she wished she was dead and her life was a misery because of bullies.

I confronted her with it and the whole sorry story came tumbling out.It wasnt girls doing the bullying but a group of boys !!!!!!!!!!!! name calling ,hitting ect........

I contacted the school but to no avail.So i went straight to the parent of the ring leader and told her what her son was putting my daughter through and that she wished she was dead :( The mother knew nothing about it but was absolutley shocked at her sons behaviour.The bullying stopped.Thankgod.

Id find out if the parents of the bullies are aware and if not make them aware.

Good luck it needs sorting.My daughter had started to self harm and cut herself also.

My other tip is to take a photo on a non-digital camera,too.That way,if they are so inclined,you cannot be accused of 'enhancing' the injury.

It is so sad that things have come to this.I do hope that the School will act.xx

Hope they listened to you this morning and are going to act rather than just talk.

yeah i hope you got some joy mel,steve was bullied and i know how horrendous it all is,good luck

This is awful. The same thing happened to my DD, she had pencils and a compass jabbed into her. It all ended when one of the boys involved pushed her off her chair and broke her back. This was last easter and we had to take her to the AE this easter cos she was in so much pain. She had x-rays and a finger up her bum to make sue there was still a blood suply.She is now on Diazipam (sp) and needs physio therapy. Anyway my point is don't let it get to this point, I wasn't aware it was going on so couldn't help. You know whats happening, use the knowledge to your advantage, take action and get the little b*s$a@d stopped.

If all else failes though i would never send my child to a school that couldnt guarantee there safety and allowed constant bullying and physical abuse.Ive always said id pull them straight out of the school and de register them.

Bullying is realy realy serious and not just "part of the course" as some schools like to palm it of as.

I was bullied at school by a group of gilrs mainly name calling.It made my life a ###### misery my mum knew nothing about it untill i legged it from school and refused to go back.Like i did my mum spoke to the school and the mother of the ring leader who was horrified.her daughter was repremanded and the bul;lying stopped.I wish id told sooner.

I phoned the school this morning and am waiting for my daughters year manager to call me back. I am seriously considering taking her out of the school. there attitude seems to be that bullying is ok. last time i spoke to the school about her being bullied they tried to make us feel sorry for the bullies......saying that they lack confidence! bull ?$%^ is what i say. I will ask the year manager to arrange a meeting between me, the boys parents and the school if this is not resolved today.

Hey

I am 22 and spent most of my school life being bullied. I still have scars on my hands and arms and they used to do things like bog wash me and rip my bags and hit me and spit food at me. My head of year was indifferent to it too, and one day I lost my temper and hit the bullies. Obviously they just hurt me even more, but some how I got detention for it.

The school was really against me too, choosing to ignore the bullying, rather than doing something about it. But when my dad found out about it he went straight to the head and then even heigher to the governers. He also had a go about some of the teachers, one teacher who watched as a girl flicked bits of paper and rubber at me, and the teacher did nothing because she didn't think it was worth the hassle.

However, not all schools are that bad. Can she be moved to another school, or maybe home schooling. Does she want this? Have you suggested it to see her response.

Does your daughter have High Functioning Autism too, and does the school know about this? And by the school, I mean every teacher.

As for what the school was going on about low confidence, well, rubbish. Some people will join the bullies due to low confidence, true, becauyse they don't want to be bullied themselves. But more often than not, it is over confidence that makes the ring leader start. They feel they need to pick on others to make themselves feel good and because they enjoy it, becasue they are sick twisted individuals.

If you have any questions, you can private talk me. Oh and please let me know the outcome.

I am praying for you both.

im sorry to hear you had such a bad time amberzak >:D<<'> I was bullied right through primary school but once i hit eleven i became a b***h with attitude and fought back. i became an outright rebel, didnt do any work at school and was always in trouble with teachers. i think the fact that even though the teachers knew i was having problems but ignored it, gave me such a total lack of respect for teachers. Now my daughter is going through the same thing it hurts me twice as much because i know what she is going through and no matter what i do or say it is being ignored by the school. she came home tonight saying she was fat and ugly and just wants to die. how the hell do you deal with that? she isnt fat and is far from ugly but she wont believe me cos im her mum. im biased.

anyway, the school has a seperate building. the boy has to go in there for 3 days. its called internal exclusion. the next step if it happens again is suspension. Hopefully this will make a difference. She has missed lots of school because of the bullying (i only found out about this today, she has been truanting a lot) so im just hoping that her education doesnt suffer too.