Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Doing a Search

Why is that sometimes when I try to perform a search on the forum I get an error message telling me that I can't do a search?

Most of the time it works, but sometimes it doesn't.

Anyone know why?

Lauren

Lauren,

I have to admit I have trouble with it too, it's not as good as the search facility on the old board.

If your search keywords are below 4 characters it won't work but it should come up and tell you that. If this happens just miss out those words.

Otherwise describe the problem and the techie's might be able to solve it.

Nellie xx

I have never had any sucsess with the search. If you wasn ADHD for example it just can't find it. I don't bother anymore.

Viper,

I've just done a search for ADHD and came up with this topic. ADHD has 4 characters, ASD won't work as it only has three.

Have another try and let me know if you still have problems.

Nellie xx

It works ok but doesn't actually come up with anything worth reading. Not saying Nemo isn't worth reading it's just that there isn't anything actually about ADHD. Does it search the resources etc?

Viper,

It asks you where you want to search (which forums), it also asks if you want to search the most recent or the most relevant.

Using ADHD as an example, if you search all forums it will give you 48 pages of posts mentioning ADHD, which should be all the posts. Which isn't bad, is it? Though I still prefer the old search facility. :(

Nellie xx

Nemo is definitely worth reading :thumbs: he brightens up the dullest day.

Thanks nellie

I've noticed that you can't search for anything under 4 words, but sometimes it just doesn't work at all.

It must be 'just one of those things' :D

Lauren

Thanks nellie

I've noticed that you can't search for anything under 4 words, but sometimes it just doesn't work at all.

It must be 'just one of those things' :D

Lauren

Hi Lauren

There is a database minimum word length limit of 4 characters for the search engine which I am unable to alter.

I have modified the board settings to give an error message if any words you search for are less than 4 characters.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Lufty