Sign in to follow this  
Sallya

Being bullied.......

Son 9 -(ASD at mainstream middle school) usually has lunchtime support in the playground, but this week his LSA was off sick. On Tuesday, 2 boys pushed him over and jumped on him, and then stopped him going to a teacher. The school were unaware...he didn't want to get his 'friends' in trouble . I put it in writing...yesterday his LSA was off sick again, but he wanted to try going on the field with the Senco in the learning support room if he needed her....

8 boys chased him, jumped on him another 5 boys tried to protect him. The school wrote in his diary he had had a 'bump' with some boys and was a bit upset- today there would be support back with him. Last night, he refused to talk about it until bedtime....he couldn't settle....kept saying he couldn't cope and didn't want to go back to school and the work is getting too hard for him. I'm going to arrange a meeting with his teacher, and try and sort this out before it gets out of hand. He's mentioned before that they have been calling him names. I don't like the way they are trying to play this down.

He went into school fine today, the headteacher walked in with him. Been worrying about him all day.As he gets older, the gap between him and other children gets wider and more noticable.........

im going through the bullying thing with my daughter at the moment. i posted on here and someone advised me to keep a log. its not a bad idea because if you do that, the school cant play it down. a couple of people suggested going directly to the childrens parents and telling them. you could try that too.

Just my opinion but, I think this has already gone too far!!

Those boys need to know that this kind of behaviour to ANY child is not tolerated. Poor lil lad. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I'd go marching to the school on Tuesday (I'm assuming you have Monday off) and make sure that this is trested seriously b/c bullying IS a serious matter.

I remember when i thought T was being bullied (he wasn't thankfully) and the morning after I found out, I went in there to talk to the teacher and head. No other incidences have since been reported but I know that it's only a matter of time b/c at nearly 7yrs of aghe, my son is beinging to stand out from his class peers. :(

(((HUGS))) to both you and your lil one and please, get to the bototm of this before it results in serious injury. You lad deserves far batter and BTW, does he have a supply LSA?? Can't she/he go down to lunch with him??

>:D<<'>

This is assault.

id be fumeing and very worried.

i wouldnt want to send my child to a school where lets face it the teachers dont appear to give a toss.

Its disgusting.

Would say an adult be allowed to jump on another adult exactly.

It wants sorting and perhaps reporting to the police if it goes on if only to put the wind up the bullies.At 9 years of age that should do the trick.

I hope hes ok.

This must be such a worry for you. It makes me so angry when I read posts re. this, and the school seem to treat the situation so lightly. How would the staff react if it were their child out there being jumped on? :angry: As a parent I'd feel like jumping on the kids involved.......be wouldn't advise this of course :o

Our daughter has MD aswell as Autism, and she was continually coming home from school with lumps, bumps and bruises. Either from other children or falls/stumbles caused by MD. We were never informed of the causes, and as she attends a school in next town, we were never there to pick her up or drop her off, so never had chance to speak to teacher.

Eventually I started getting quite stroppy via the Home/School Diary, and insisted a Bump Diary was started. This has worked out great. The school even spoke to all lunch time staff and every single tiny incident is logged and I know exactly what is going on. We even went to the school, during playtimes, and monitored the situation without our daughter even being aware that we were there. It put our minds at rest.

I hope you get the support from school that you and your child deserve. No child should have to worry about going to school and deal with abuse from other kids.

Take care,

Debs

you could be living in this house right now. My son is getting the same, one boy inparticular has it in for him, school has been told several times but noone offers to help they just say leave it to us, but the boy gets a telling off and then goes back for more.

why ar our kids not protected you can bet if it were this boy or the boys bothering yr son they would get protection cos their parents wd probably go to the school and punch the teacher.

:angry: it makes me puke!

Hi I can really relate to your post, J was bullied and you would be surprised how long they go before they tell you the full story because bullies are clever and tell them if they tell they get really hurt.

J doesnt get bullied now as he has attended tykwondo and kick boxing, is there any possibilty he could access a self defence class, or karate, or something that will give him a bit of know how to defend yourself,

telling the teachers dont really help, J isnt allowed to fight but he is allowed to defend himself.

I taught him some simple tecnequies too that alerts others and bullies dont like an audience so I taught J to shout and then defend.

If your son is worried about getting hurt then he wont need to worry because you dont have to fight in the classes but there is competitions that he might enjoy.

I would suggest some form of martial arts, as this might give him some confidence, the bullies are bulling because they know your son is scared, maybe after some classes he wont be as scared and the bullies will soon start to back off.

Have a look at KIDSCAPE too as they have information on bulling and how to help your son emotionally but he has beaten the bullies at there game now because he has told and an adult and a adult now knows what is going on.

Defenetly get the meeting sorted out and make it clear that the main boys will be reported to the police as this is an offence if they are 10 years old.

There may be some form of community policing team that might be able to have a visit to the school and talk about the seriosness of bulling, also bear in mind also that bullies are victims of there own as there using fear as way to cope with something that might be happening to them.

However there is no excuse and it must be confronted and sorted out so your son can sleep and look forward to going to school rather than wishing he didnt have to go.

He is been so brave and communicating loud and clear that he cant cope and he has had enough, it is clear that you need to take action.

Give him an extra hug from me as I think he is a star,

All the best

JsMum

.....found another note in his diary...LSA away on course next wednesday, but another lsa will cover for her..

.tried to contact his teacher, to arrange a meeting, but I had left it too late so will do that next week. Son said the head was doing playground duty yesterday....he's never been left alone at lunch times before this week....seems like the boys took the first opportunity he wasn't supported at lunchtime...

usually a caring school.... teacher usually phones me if things aren't going smoothly..and I have regular contact with her.

I moved him from a school when he was 6 because he was being bullied, so he tells me if things aren't going well....would never let things get as bad as that again....thankyou for all your thoughts....sorry I missed your post Mel...can't find it....used to read everything....hope your daughter is ok.

Edited by Sallya

My aged 9 son is the same and am in the process of thinking of moving him schools again due to a similiar situation. Why wasn't there someone out there to replace the person off sick :wallbash:

I do hope you are able to get some sense out of them on Tuesday >:D<<'>