lindy-lou

Morning sickness

Or all day sickness rather!!

When you were pregnant what was your morning sickness like for each sex?I had awful morning sickness with all 3 of my girls from 8 weeks of pregnancy right til the end all day,everyday,but i have only had a few days here and there with this one,and so i am thinking it may be a boy!!so what was your morning sickness like?

With my boys i only felt icky i wasent sick. this time iv felt a lot beter then with my last 4 less pain. The only thing is iv had loads of headachs. Do you wont a boy?

Hi,

I've 3 children, and found my morning sickness increased with each pregnancy. By my third I virtually had my head down the toilet continually for months, and even had to take something with me at all times when out the house....just in case! Nothing seemed to work, or alleviate it in anyway. I found I went off all the foods and drinks I loved....no Macdonalds for ages, because I couldn't stand the smell. I had a boy, then two girls, so i would definately say my morning sickness was worse with the girls than our son.

Take care,

Debs

Well i have heard you have worse morning sickness with girls due to the extra oestrogen they produce,and as i had it with all 3 of my girls i would believe this!!My sister never had any morning sickness with her 2 boys but did with her daughter,this time around i do feel queasy if i let myself get hungry but have only actually been sick once,Adams mum i would love a boy!!this will be my last baby so last chance,i will still adore it if its a girl but would be so nice to have a son. :thumbs:

oh I do feel for you.........morning sickness is hideous :crying: .With my first a boy I just had a nauseous feeling for the first 2 months.With my daughter and other son it was terrible, the third pregnancy being by far the worse.It started from conception and lasted till about 26 wks.Morning noon and night :( .I would be in the super market and I remember smelling something really stale and horrid ,I looked around and realised it was the persons hair in the queue in front of me. I was hemmed in by trollies and had no where to go :o so I stood there with a plastic shopping bag wretching while people looked on in horror.............saying "I,ll be alright in a minute...........I,ll be alright in a minute".........then the person with the smelly hair came over "are you o.k.".................that set me off again..........I cleared the checkout pretty quick any how........the worse of it being.......the hurling part was really loud :huh: ..........so I ended up with quite an audience...............oh the shame...................lindy lou.......you have my deepest sympathy pregnancy sickness is the worst...............congratulations on the baby though :dance:

aw thanks for your sympathy suze!!but i dont actually have morning sickness this time around :lol: When i was having my 1st daughter i threw up outside a rumbalows shop(yes showing my age now,who remembers rumbalows :o ) I can remember people looking at me like i was yet another alcoholic messing up the streets :oops: Oh it was awful!!

Well most are saying that they were more sick with girls, I was the other way round. I was sick every day with the boys and with my girl one to two month free of the sickness. So I can not tell you, think its different with all of us.

Good luck with it all. 4 how will you cope? I have 3 didn't want any more but..........that time clock is ticking away, maybe number 4 may come one day. :D

Edited by nikrix

Ah im sure i will cope fine,at the stage now where 1 more wont make much difference!! :lol:

I said that when the third came a long, but it did I can tell you.

How old are all yours? I am reaching that age where I think if I dont have another one it will be to late. Not felt like that for 5 years lol. It funny how it hits you I never dreamt I would want more.

with my boys i always felt hot. This time i feel cold all the time.

My eldest is 12,middle one nearly 11(both NT) and little one is 3 and a half (AS),my eldest 2 were 7+8 when i had india and i think she had the biggest impact on us really,after such an age gap,i think the new baby will be great for india,she loves babies,although i know that may change when there is 1 attached to her mother for hours on end!!We are all looking forward to a new arrival so much,we cant wait!! :thumbs:

Morning sickness was all day every day with all four of mine. 3girls then a boy. With my first I was on my way to work on the bus when I vomited but was too embarrased to do it on the bus so I swallowed it. :sick:

with my last 2 one boy and one girl I was so ill I had anti sickness pills. I was almost admitted to hospital with Ben, they were going to put me on a drip cos I wasn't eating enough. It has even been said my youngest two have bad teeth because I lacked calcium in my diet (what diet) when their teeth were forming.

Hi Lindy-lou,

I had terrible morning sickness on both my girls - in fact I weighed lighter at 9mths pregnant that I did beforehand!!!!

I remember someone saying about faster heartbeats being a girl too - and during both my pregnancies the heartbeat was very fast (think around 140).

Take care,

Jb

Hi jb!

I have heard it is galloping horses for a girl and a train for a boy,heartbeat sounds that is!! :D

Hi

I have a 4.5 year old son. Almost as soon as I knew I was pregnant I was throwing up throughout the day. Unfortunately that continued up until I was 8 months pregnant. Have to say I never got that lovely glow and felt horrendous throughout. I work full-time and throughout my pregnancy I had a bucket right beside my desk (and in the car!) ? lovely thought!

Hope you're feeling better than I did.

Best wishes.

Caroline.

I remember not having much sickness with either of my boys and then the last pregnancy was totally different, i had migraines and puked all the time, the smell of meat cooking and coffee just sent me running to the toilet talking swahili while i hugged the pan. I was convinced we were having a girl, but we had Aiden. I'm glad i knew the sex beforehand though so i had got the shock out of the way. We love him to bits, and even if i had another i wouldn't care if it was a boy!

Hope you're keeping ok and taking that folic acid!!!

Or all day sickness rather!!

When you were pregnant what was your morning sickness like for each sex?I had awful morning sickness with all 3 of my girls from 8 weeks of pregnancy right til the end all day,everyday,but i have only had a few days here and there with this one,and so i am thinking it may be a boy!!so what was your morning sickness like?

Hi lindy, ooooooh, I feel so sorry for you. >:D<<'>

I had terrible all day sickness with Susie, where I felt sick right to my finger tips, I'm sure you'll know what I mean by that. With William I only had about a week then was fine. Luke was pretty much the same as Susie with all day nausea (though oddly I never actually threw up). I know there are lots of myths about boy/girl pregnancies being different, but with Susie and Luke I had identical experiences.

I hope it goes off soon, it really is a miserable thing to go through, especially when you've already got a family to look after and still have to cook and rush about.

Take care

Lauren

....I had sickness all day and night with both of mine (1 of each) for 9 months.

With son, I could eat properly after 20 weeks, but it was sometimes a bit dodgey...once I ate some cherries......was going into town later on the train...and felt :sick: ran to the loo just in time...and pebbledashed the whole toilet to ashamed to own up :shame: and shut the door quick........with girl.. I couldn't even keep water down....lost a stone and a half...was admitted to hospital.....put on a drip......to rehydrate me....sent home with tablets...horrible (called hyperemisis)......hope you get over the sickness soon Lindyloo, try ginger biscuits or accupunture wrist bands...everyone kept telling me they would help.... :D

with both my boys i felt ill the whole way through, I was only actually sick once with my second pregnancy.

I felt so ill with my frist that i lost 2 stone :blink:

maybe thats the answer to the weight problem, i need to have another lol

Well,

I was sick from before the first pregnancy test with both boys -- must have been pretty much from two weeks in

Wasn't sick at all with the girl -- in fact, I didn't suspect I was pregnant for ages! Didn't quite get as far as one of my friends, with her 8-week scan that proved to be a 21-week scan -- followed by the scan that told her she was having a 5-pound girl, so her 11-pound son was a bit of a shock.

My DP had progressively more morning sickness with each of our 4 children, the third of which is a girl.

Our children are 2,4,6 and 8 (The eldest 2 are Autistic) and I can report that things are pretty frantic most of the time. I wouldn't swap them for anything though!

Simon

ive only had 2 boys -i felt sick but wasnt really sick alot -i used to retch at smells like cigs/ect.....

i remember with both my boys my bump was real low down and all at the front -if that makes sense-not sure if it makes a differnce to having a girl?

i used to feel faint alot but i had low blood pressure and had to keep snacking alot .

Aw thanks you lot,i feel guilty for taking your sympathies,BUT I DONT HAVE MORNING SICKNESS!!! :dance: Lol.

I do have low blood pressure though and like you RQ, feel faint alot,I gave up smoking 5 weeks ago and the smell of ciggies is the only thing that makes me retch,the smell is vile :sick:

Aw thanks you lot,i feel guilty for taking your sympathies,BUT I DONT HAVE MORNING SICKNESS!!! :dance: Lol.

I had to laugh when I saw your reply lindy. It just shows you how much 'scan reading' can miss. I've just looked at your original post and you do say that you haven't had much sickness with this pregnancy, then loads of us went on to sympathise. :lol:

:lol: Guilty....I was googled eyed yesterday.....too tired.......think I read somone else's reply rather than your post :oops: ....must look at first post properly next time!

I had boys both times I was sick so much they thought I might dehydrate. It was 24:7 and the whole 9 months :D glad it wasn't girls if girls are worse. :lol: