Viper

So disapointed.

I don't know if I was right to do this but it's done now.

My AS DD 14 went to a "party" tonight. I was pleased she had been invited. She said she might be staying at a friends house but would ring and let me know. At 10 o'clock I decided to ring her. She answered and sounded a bit drunk. I asked her where she was and she said at the beach and that she was going to her friends house to sleep. I smelt a rat so asked her for her friends home phone number but she said she didn't know it, she made a excuse about not asking her friend so I told her she had to come home. By this time I had signaled to my hubby to go and pick her up.

When he got to the bus stop she said she was at he couldn't find her so he went o the beach and found a group of kids all drunk, DD was one of them.

He brought her home and she was deffinatly worse for drink. She denied she was drunk and went to bed. I then thought what about the other kids still on the beach. I know there were girls there and all around 15 so I rung the police. They took DD's name.

Do you think I was right? I felt these kids were in danger and know how I would have felt if another parent had taken their child away from that and not done anything.

I am so disappointed in her. She was becoming such a responsible girl and really seemed to have her head sorted out but now she has done this.

Is there ever any end to this diabolical life?

Guest flutter

you dd need extra care, like mine will ( and i am already scared!)

my son goes out on mass to local beach with kids of his age, 15/16, the police talk to them, have told them that they have police on who have kids or had training to deal with them. So at least i hope thy will deal with them non confrntational. ( they do drink, but some stay sober it hink to supervise?)

I think for you dd you did the right thing, cos she is vurlnerable, and once had a drink could get itnot loadsa strife. At least now the police will know where to check and sort it out if there is any trouble.

your daughter broke your rules to keep her safe and she need to learn that, and hopefully not the hard way, but she wants to fit in , and that for girls is soo hard, we in a no win situations i afraid

hope today is ok for you both, and she is not to hungover

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

take care

C xx

Viper,

For what its worth I think you did the right thing. Imagine how you would of felt should one of the kids came to harm......dangerous combination isn't it, being drunk near water. I would of done the same. Sometimes we are put positions like this, but have to go with your gut instinct I feel. Your daughter may learn a valuable lesson. Well done for smelling a rat :D Our eldest is 12 and is such a responsible young lad, but I'm beginning to see behaviour I'm not impressed by......He's turning into the Harry Enfield "Kevin" character, and he's not even a teenager yet :( Keep trying to tell myself its all part of growing up, but very hard. Just hope to god he's not the handful I was as a teenager from hell :wacko:

Debs

i also think you have done the right thing Viper i have a 16 daughter and i wouldnt hestitate if i saw what you had seen. How is your daughter this morning? >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

jayne xx

Of course you did the right thing ..(where were the other teenagers parents??)...bet this is a lesson your daughter will remember...don't be too disappointed in her....we all make mistakes at that age....and those lessons are better learnt than just nagging or laying down the rules...........

you definitely did the right thing............but did the police actually do anything??............bet your daughters got a right hangover this morning.Growing up is really hard I bet she just wanted to be included in the group :( ........................I must say , I did many similar things at that age........buying cider and getting drunk in the park,at that age you feel so grown up and want to do adult things but there,s very little for kids that age to do socially wise,until they,re old enough to go to pubs and night clubs.

Viper, you did the right thing... Good job you smelt a rat coz I dread to think what might have been. Have you spoken to any of the other parents and do they know what their children were up too last night????

Its so hard being young and wanting to fit in with the crowd.... My son is so easily influenced i dread times when he might be offered some drink or something else...

Hope all ok in your household today...

Justamom

Well DD woke up looking a bit sheepish and said she only had one of those low alcohol drinks. But she was definitely drunk. We have grounded her for a month and banned her from the computer for a week. She cried a lot but soon got over it.

I don't know any of the other parents so can't speak to them about it. You know what teenagers are like, they don't want you to have any contact with their friends or parents. I only really know one of her friends mums and her daughter wasn't there last night.

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Viper,

You did the right thing, this way all their parents will know about it, and need to be informed, for their childs protection.

Especially to find out where they got the alcohol in the first place. :(

H. >:D<<'>

yep im with you on this one, yr dd needs to take extra care, being young is bad enough these days, but i would say she nneds to watch out more than others. im dreading it if mine decide to start going out.

>:D<<'>

I used to go partying all the time when I was 14/15 without my parents knowledge. It never really did me any harm but I was quite responsible with it.

The thought of my kids doing that though scares the hell out of me!

You do what you feel is right as a parent, I bet your daughter was not happy about it though!