Sign in to follow this  
patrick w

My AS teenager looking for a forum

hello,

Could anyone recommend a site or forum for my 13/14 year old son. he has AS .. recently has been feeling a bit scared about his mind sate at nighttime..he says he feels "unreal", "trippy", "body is tired , but his mind is superactive"..and he is scared of his overthinking./ This tends to happen late at night.... he is looking for a site or forum that others like himself use , not one used by carers and parents etc...

Thanks

Edited by patrick w

Hi patrick.........my son is nearly 11 and currently having the same probs at night.He works himself up into a high state of anxiety,and keeps coming downstairs almost pleading with us to help him sleep, he goes ovr and over stuff in his head till he feels he,ll burst. :(

That sounds very simialr suze.. i have actually looked up anxiety (panic) attacks to see if it could be helpful to him..he did read something about GAD (general anxiety disorder) which he seemed to find a bit helpful...

Makes me feel very helpless.. it took me a while to deal with the rage..which i dont even bat an eyelid at now and feel very confident in dealing with..now this is a new development , and i must admit i feel like i am a bit at a loss to help.

Patrick

(also, thanks 'board' for site suggestion)

Edited by patrick w

Hi PatrickW,

Know the feeling - the only one I know is the one board has posted (my daughter wanted to know one too - but as yet doesn't feel ready to go there).

Take care,

Jb

hello this one is a good site(wrongplanet.net-aspergers and autism) all the best jill

I think Wrong Planet is great to.

The majority of users on Wrong Planet are not NT parents,but there are some,and it's for people of all ages.

There is also AFF/ http://www.aspiesforfreedom.com/phpBB2/index.php

There is also the dyspraxic teens forum.... http://www.dyspraxicteens.org.uk

Its mainly dyspraxia based but we do have a few aspies too, and have a very supportive community, who are dealing with many shades of the 'umbrella'

including: dyspraxia/dyslexia/AS/dyscalia/ADHD/OCD/ADD/PDD-NOS and quite a few others...we don't bite, honest!

hello this one mite be all right (aspie talk uk) uk based online community for teens and adults with asd to disscuss issues affecting them and slrategies for coping with difficulties all the best jill

Hi,

I have been giving a lot to the subject of siblings, as well as to the resources that should be available for younger people with ASD. Thank you to those of you who have helped provide a link for Patrick W. :)

The forum was set up to help anybody, but I am aware that there are very specific needs also for siblings within families that are touched by ASD.

Having fallen foul of a postcode lottery regarding respite, etc,...I would love to go on from this forum to create something just for them. Not sure what yet,...but give me time. Rome wasn't built in a day! :D

Just thinking out aloud,...

Elefan

Edited by Elefan