Sign in to follow this  
Lisajb

Driving Licence

For anyone that remembers my post the other day about being stuck in the middle of the DVLA and our GP, regarding medical reports, I have some good news - Chris's licence arrived on Saturday!

At the beginning of the week the DVLA were insisting on hospital records. We said there weren't any, other than those made by the paediatrician some years back, we didn't consider that he needs to be under the care of a consultant. They insisted that they must have hospital reports.

I said they could either sort things out p.d.q or I would be on the phone everyday. Don't know what happened but either my reasoned arguments swayed them or someone saw sense!

I have found a nice older chap who thinks he can teach Chris to drive and his first lesson is on Wednesday. He is already digesting the Highway Code (another rant - now you have to fork out for one rather than getting one with your licence!) so I hope his ability to retain facts will be useful here.

Anyway, if you are around the South Gloucestershire area on Wednesday at 11am - stay off the roads!

Lisa