Sign in to follow this  
bid

Would this annoy you??...

OK...tizzle mode :wacko:

An adult neice of mine has posted pictures of all my children on her website, without asking me first...

I'm quite annoyed about this, so...

Do you think I'm over-reacting??

And what would you do if you were annoyed at this?

Bid :wacko:

Bid,

I would be absolutely fuming. :angry::angry:

I personally wouldn't put any pictures of my kids on the web,

so if someone else did it, they would be for it!!

I'm not against people doing it, but it has to be a parents decision.

Could you politely ask her to remove them?

I dont think you are over-reacting.

Brook

Personally, I'd be well ticked!! :angry:

I'd ask her to remove them from there. If I want my son's pic online, I'll post it and safely remove it after a given amount of time but to have them on a personal website, meas they are usually there for keeps. If it is a public site (not password protected) and open to the general public to view, I'd be having words but hey, that's just my opinion.

She's my neice by marriage, so I think this is one I shall pass over to Jester!! :devil:

She's even put 2 of him on there! :o:ph34r::lol:

Bid :angry:

It's a bit naughty isn't it?

I think I would say something like "I appreciate you're proud of the kids and want to show them off but we don't think the internet is the right place to do this as it's too high a risk factor, please remove them, thanks."

Or words to that effect. :D

I suppose she wanted to put all her family on her site, which shows she holds your kids dear, but it was misguided and she should have thought a bit more and asked you first.

I'd follow all of the above advice and get them off the site, if shes an adult neices shes old enough to understand why this is important.

Hi Bid,

I wouldn't be happy about it either, so i would ask her (nicely!) to remove them. I'm sure she just didn't think it would be a problem.

Loulou x

Hi Bid,

I can only agree with most of the other replies. I wouldn't like anyone to post pictures of my children without first gaining my consent. She's an adult, and will, I hope, understand your concerns and remove them.

Take care,

Debs :D

No i wouldn't like it either. I'm sure she'll understand your concerns....if not, tough!!! she should've asked you in the first place!

I'm with everyone else on this. I don't necessarily have a problem with this as such because we have a family album on line but if I have pictures of other peoples kids I ask before I put them up and what is more the album is secure. You have to get a login and password through DH to use it. I wouldn't want a picture of DS freely available to all.

I think these days you have to ask other people's permission. I had to ask the managers permission to take photos of my own son (no one else) at the sports centre!

You'll just have to explain you are not happy with them being their and would she please ask first next time.

Bid,

I wouldn't post pictures of my own children on a public site and I wouldn't be happy with anyone else doing it. I definitely think she should have asked ALL of you first.

I hope she understands why you're not happy and it doesn't cause too many problems. >:D<<'>

(If Jester decides to let his pics remain on the site - do provide the link then we can all have a peek :lol::devil:)

K x

I would be upset about it too, my kids have there own websites and they wanted to put family pics on them and i said NO WAY....

I would ask her very nicely to remove them..

Justamom

I think you're right to be annoyed, but maybe she didn't mean any harm. I think her uncle needs to explain.

I can't wait to see his pic', get someone to show you how to do the link :lol::devil:

Nellie xx

I agree - but please leave the pics of Jester and let us have the link -we need a new weapon in the fight against the LEA - we could frighten them with a photo :lol:

Well, Jester emailed her, very nicely I must admit, and she replied that she hadn't realised!! :rolleyes:

She has removed them, and it was all done without any ill-feeling, so all's well that ends well!

Now, used fivers only please, and I might give you the link to see Jester in a toga!! :o:ph34r::devil:

Bid :)

I dont think I would mind, I have come to realise that kids lives these days is based around a place called myspace.com and they all post pictures and chat and have diaries. now I couldnt get my head round this but all my brothers who are between 15 and 21 do this and are costantly post photos, i dont know how to use it but I have come around to this and realise that times are very different to when I was at school, I am only 30 but this is what the youths of today do. you will have to have a look, they date on it and everything? :blink:

WE WANT TOGA PICS

WE WANT TOGA PICS

WE WANT TOGA PICS

Would you accept a PM of my switch card info? :lol:

You are absolutely right to be annoyed hun they are YOUR children afterall.

I get annoyed enough when my brother takes photos and films my boys on his mobile phone and never asks me.

I feel I have put the wrong thing now, but in the 90s my husband was famous, and there were masses of chat rooms on the web about him, and my kids, the fame started before we had the kids so perhaps thats why i dont see the internet as intrusive, its just something that we all put up with , people knowing all our business. And might i add not being allowed to speak ourselves on these sites and putting up with alsorts, see i better stop now, yep maybe it did get up my nose :ph34r:

Edited by lotty