Sign in to follow this  
helenmorbey

Dieticians

My little girl is four and a half and has (probable) ASD, her food intake is terrible! She mainly lives on yogurts, occasionally will eat dry bread, chocolate custard,potato with gravy, thats it. Should i bother trying to see a dietician or are they just someone else to fob me off? How do i get a referal? We recently went abroad and she only ate ice cream, then one day the ice cream tubs in the hotel were in a different order and she even refused ice cream then! Any suggestions Helen x

Hi there

Its difficult when it comes to food - there have been many threads on the forums about it. Logan has a very selective diet, and we've seen the dietician, but she basically said we were doing the right things - offering him a variety of foods in the hope that he'll take them, but that she couldn't do much for us if he just refused to eat.

We may just have had a cr*p dietician though!

Good luck - its an ongoing nightmare and I fully sympathise.

Lynne

hello mine is the same she is 6 dx aspergers last month she will only eat the same thing day day out we tryed eveything with her nothing worked but she is putting onweight and is happy so we just try diffrent food know and again and if she dose not want it we lave it and try a nother day it stops us getting up set and her all the best jill