I have a 3 1/2 asd boy, and a new baby due in august. Am looking at buying a tandem pushchair, my son is q light for his age 12kg ish, but whatever we buy needs to be q robust as I have no idea how long we will need to use it. At the moment there is no way I could trust him to walk if we are near the road/car park. Any idea........?

Oh and another thing, is there anything other than brain cells that you can keep track of where you left messages? I only get to come on every couple of days, by which time i've forgotten which topics i have left messages on so cant keep up with people.

Thanks all

ihave twins plus a boy who was 2 years old so know a bit about prams now as ive had so many!!!!

what about the phil and teds e3 - its a 3 wheeler and dead sturdy and would easily take your older child. theonly downside is that the baby would need to sit underneath due to the weight and balance of thebuggy - i dont think the baby can go underneath until they are about 6 months maybe younger - you could for the first few months use a sling for the new baby

theres also a new pram on ebay which is a quinny for 2 children. one child faces you and theother child in the other directions. it looks quite sturdy but although you order it on ebay think it comes from germany

I had 18 months between my two so bought a Mamas & Papas Twin Aria and couldn't recommend it enough, light, slim enough to fit through most doorways and a lot sturdier than it looks.

Lynne x

I don't know about a buggy but with the topic thing. If you go into "my controls" top right of the screen click on view topics and it shows you everything you have posted in including your own topics. Or have you put your email details in your controls? That way if you click the right buttons you will get an email to let you know when there have been replies to your posts. Again go to "my controls" then click on "edit mail settings" under "options" and then set up the bits you want. I hope that is clear and I haven't confused you too much. :blink:

I had a double buggy with my two girls...

I would say the most important feature to look for is one that will fit through a standard doorway. Plus, folding down as small as possible to fit in car boot, etc.

I also think that 'side-by-side' is easier to handle and manouver than 'one-behind-the-other', IYSWIM!!

I had a Maclaren Duette, but this was 9 years ago, so I don't know if it is still in production...

Bid :)

We have a Mothercare double buggy, with one seat in front of the other. We chose that style because there are narrow pavements round where we live and a side by side would have made things that little bit more awkward.

The best buggy I saw was a Marco Sky, which is arranged like a double decker style and is suitable from three months onwards. It takes up the space of a single buggy. Unfortunately I think Ds1 would be classed as too heavy for it, or getting there.

I've got the same 3 1/2 age gap....tried allsorts...single buggy with baby in a sling..no good if 3 1/2 yr old is laying on the floor kicking and screaming...you can't bed over properly....tandem buggy...quite good...had a second hand one....used it for about 6 months....before he got too big and by then he could manage to walk on the reigns...side by side..toddler can get to the baby too easily...nick toys....beat baby up...etc....can be hard to find one that can accommadate a new baby and older toddler....best bet is probably the tandem

Thanks for the buggy replies.....am off shopping!!!

I saw the quinny one on ebay - went to there site, its about ?400 ouch :wacko: I do like the look of the marco sky, the phil and teds look v funky, but I dont think it lasts that long for the baby. I found another called kidz kargo which looks q sturdy too. All i need now is a shop that stocks them to try them out.

As for the 'my controls' thingy, am of to give it a try

ill have another look on ebay cos im sur ethe quinny was about ?200 cos im seriously thinking about getting one myself as it allows the kids to face away from each other so they cant get at each other so should stop the arguing!!!!! ill let you know the item number later

ive had the marco sky and i think your older child would be too heavy it but it was a fab pram when the twins were about 1 - i had a buggy board on the back for my older child. theres also the 3 wheeler double kid kargo one as well which is often on ebay - its a tandem one

There are only one I would consider since the Emmaljunga Babybus is no longer on the market. (okay so you can buy them on ebay in the states!)

Mountain Buggy Double http://www.chariotsatp.co.uk/products/mb_terrain2.htm

I KILLED any thing with a light weight frame with Nathan being heavy and Sam being so active normal frames just twisted

I DID try tandems but they were awkward, heavy and buckled (except for the Babybus)

I speak as someone who ended up pushing Nathan untill he was well over 7!

In the end I had a specail needs buggy for Nathan and backpack for Jo as the Babybus could not fit in our small car and a Mountain Buggy and babytrek backpack the next time around for Sam and Annie .....I decided on comfort over saving dosh knowing how long I might be physically lugging them both around.

It comes down to space, money and how you live your life so get as much info as you can before you buy anything.