carrieq

Weird!!

I have just got a parcel through the post. It has no postmark and the stamps haven't been stamped IYKWIM. Inside the parcel is a string of pearls, no note, card or anything to say who it is from. Have phoned dh and he swears it is nothing to do with him so I am completely stumped!!

Carrie

Hi Carrie,

That is weird :o .

All I can think of is, if they came via a parcel delivery service, to call them.

We had a boxed set of DVDs delivered to us a few months ago, same thing, no note or anything. The parcel was delivered by a courier company, so I called them. The company told me the name of where they came from and said HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!!. We waited a while and took them back (we said they were an unwanted present :whistle: ) and were given ?200 in gift vouchers :dance::dance:

Annie

xx

Er without stating the obvious, you know what a pearl necklace is right - and I am not talking the jewellery!

As for IYKWIM - means "If you know what I mean".

Sounds like someone is hinting - if your DH doesn't know anything about it, he should be very concerned!!!

Er without stating the obvious, you know what a pearl necklace is right - and I am not talking the jewellery!

What is it then? What does a pear necklace stand for? Apart from some very p'd off oysters!

Edited by Lauren

Blimey, how to describe this one

A 'pearl necklace' is what happens when a man gets very excited with a lady who's top has fallen off :blink:

Carrie, if its a really expensive one it's mine, I ordered it last week, it must have been sent to you by mistake. :whistle: If it's a cheap one then it's all yours.

String of pearls by TheNeils definition. Yuk!!! :o

:lol:

A 'pearl necklace' is what happens when a man gets very excited with a lady who's top has fallen off :blink:

:o:lol::lol:

aaaaah, do you mean lumpy scrumpy???? (some sort of rhyming slang ala batcave!!)

:wub:

PS... annie and bid.... why the coyness all of a sudden???? :P

Edited by Lauren

aaaaah, do you mean lumpy scrumpy???? (some sort of rhyming slang ala batcave!!)

:wub:

PS... annie and bid.... why the coyness all of a sudden???? :P

Not quite, hun, I'll get one of the 'laydee' mods to PM you!! ;)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww how sweet!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Awww Lauren >:D<<'> :D

It was (worryingly.. :rolleyes: ..) the first thing i thought of - who could it be???? How weird... :blink:

You'll have to become a spy - try to figure it out... :ph34r:

My god :o .... I'm innocent :lol:

Something rooood I hadn't heard of until now :dance:

Now I KNOW why annie and bid went all quiet!!!!

Thanks viper.... I think :blink:

:P

:lol: ...........I,m sorry guys but I,m with Lauren on this :huh: .............had no idea what you were all going on about.......luckily hubby filled me in...............if you know what I mean.........bit rude :o !.............but were still no closer to sussing out who the necklace is off..........carrie was it a pressie for your birthday yesterday?

PLEASE STOP!!!! I read this at work in my lunchtime you know!!! How can I be huffy and say to work colleagues that I am reading a serious support site about ASD during my half hour break, and then try to explain why I have suddenly burst out laffing about pearl necklaces!!!!! :lol::lol::o

PLEASE STOP!!!! I read this at work in my lunchtime you know!!! How can I be huffy and say to work colleagues that I am reading a serious support site about ASD during my half hour break, and then try to explain why I have suddenly burst out laffing about pearl necklaces!!!!! :lol::lol::o

You think you've got problems - I had to work out how to describe it without using any of the 'bad' words :lol:

I'm just worried cos I know what you are talking about but I don't know how I know. :blink:

I am totally lost now have no idea what you lot are going on about!!

Can someone pm me to let me know what you are on about!!!!

Carrie

DPF & Carrieq

I have sent you both a PM, but it was still quite difficult to explain to people that I don't really know! It's the kind of thing that's easy to discuss with friends, but I didn't want to offend either of you as I don't really "know" you, only on this site.............

Carrieq - all this aside, did you ever find out where the pearl necklace came from???

Edited by Jill

Ha ha ha!!!

It's not just the pearl necklace that's funny - it's the whole receiving one in the mail and being totally oblivious to the meaning (sorry!)

I think your husband is having a bit of a joke with you. It's the kind of thing mine would do.

If only men could produce diamonds eh ... we'd all be a lot happier and more willing!! :lol:

Oh too funny!

:D:D Now hang on a mo.. :blink: I thought a pearl necklace (not a real one ) was very Rude... but not in the way all of you lot do! :huh:

I get The Neils delicate, nay, sensitive description, but I always thought some thing else was involved!!!

Oh well Im going to wait until Mike gets home and ask him, he reads the Profanasaurus...he'll know!

redberry

:lol::lol::lol: HAHAHA!! oh now this topic has had me in stitches!!Not that i know what your on about or anything :whistle: pmsl

I suppose it is one of these things that will come out in time!!

Carrie

fnarr fnarr :P

:blink: God this forum is having a bad influence on me :lol:

"fnarr fnarr"??

You've been having too much to do with that :devil: Baddad!! :lol:;)

Boho :dance:

bid, it was subscription to Viz in my formative years that did it!! :D

I have no idea who it is from!! I suppose it is one of these things that will come out in time!!

Carrie

:hypno:

:lol:

Its not fair to make a pregnant woman laugh this much you know *oops tena pads* :whistle:

I hope someone knows me well enough to pm the meaning of a string of pearls PLEASE?

However if you watch Gems TV Pearls are the traditional gift to give someone who is getting married and also to someone that you love - so as I imagine it's got nothing to do with this I hope someone one will enlighten me?

thanks

Oracle

PS Bet it is your hubby

I know what it means :D but that is very weird sending you them in the post like that i hope it is your hubby or he needs to be worried. :lol::lol:

jayne xx

Boy, am I glad I kept a low profile round here today! :o:o

I did briefly check in here when I was at work and this thread was the first thing I read - I was terrified one of my colleagues would ask to see this autism website I've spoken so highly about! :lol:

K x

Thanks friends :thumbs: You are never too old to learn are you :o:lol:

Oracle

And never too old to be corrupted :o:lol: