Sign in to follow this  
jools

back to not sleeping

although G says he doesn't want to go to school every day, for the past few months he has not really made a fuss. almost as if it had become habit to say it. he has also been sleeping better and hardly complained of tummy ache (which i am never fully sure if his bowel problems are as bad as he says or an excuse)

for the last 2 weeks he has been unsettled at bed time and refusing to go to sleep because he doesn't want to go to school.

today he wouldn't get dressed to go. i was on a course so he knew i was out of school.

he was not happy and i had to virtually drag him in. once in he ran off and seemed ok

he has been in trouble a fair bit lately for calling other children names at playtime. he tells me he does this when they annoy him. the schools answer is to punish him by stopping playtime. no strategies have been implemented to help him during any unstructured time.

he has been extremely upset tonight over 2 things.

firstly he tells me he was not allowed to sit next to anyone on the bus when they went swimming incase he hurt anyone. he is sure he wasn't told off before this so doesn't understand why he was alone.

secondly he has been sitting his optional sats in the hall in true exam conditions.

he was placed at teh back of the hall then told to turn his chair the other way so he was facing the opposite direction to the other children so he wouldn't be naughty!.

i am really angry about this. his teacher has singled him out and i will be suprised if he has actually managed to do much work because he will have been stressing about it.

on top of everything his tics are very noticable and much worse.

his vocal tics and neck movements are so bad he can hardly get a sentence out without stopping every couple of words

sorry for moaning but i need to get it off my chest!

i can't let G see me so annoyed

OMG Jools (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))), his teacher sounds a nasty cow....... poor G, how can you punish negative behaviour BEFORE it has happened???

Joanne xxx

Jools >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

This must be so distressing for you :( I felt upset reading it :( I really hope you can get this sorted, best of luck, and take care. >:D<<'>

you have every right to feel angry about this - this teacher does not understand the difficulty, when things go wrong like this you need to write a note to the school keeping a copy for your records stating what they did wrong and how they can get it right, firmly and politely, and copy in all the relevant parties. If you dont have the emotional energy then can a friend write it up for you or come along to school with you to sort it.

:o ............NO NO NO NO :wallbash: ..........SORRY BUT SOMETHING IS AMISS HERE AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THE SCHOOL!!.........I know I should,nt jump to an ill informed conclusion but I could,nt help myself.Firstly....getting into trouble for name calling.......I would try to ascertain if the other kids had been doing name calling also......it,s pretty easy to get your son in trouble and say he did the name calling , particularly if there are a number of kids sticking together..........So he misses his playtime and is told off...........anxiety goes up..........Then he,s made to feel different..........told on several occassions he,s naughty..........bet he has no comprehension of why or what he has done wrong poor lad.I,d ask to see senco and also write your concerns to the school.Try to get the autism support worker to come in and advise the school they need it!!

he woke a few times during the night and so far this morning seems ok.....the fun is yete to come when we actually start getting ready for school!

he has however worked out that he has 42 days left with this teacher before the end of school year.

i feel so sorry for him that he has even felt the need to work this out.

we do not have a dx for him although it has been acknowledged he shows impairments in the 3 areas.

hubbie is coming into school on friday to talk to th eteacher and once we have the results of his sats (hopefully next week) he will be writing to the head.

i feel like this most of the time :wallbash: