Sign in to follow this  
nellie

AS in the Adolescent Years.

I saw this book on a display yesterday and thought it might interest others.

I haven't read it, but I would be interested to hear from anyone who has. I have read other books by Liane and was very impressed. Liane has AS and is a doctor of education.

Asperger Syndrome in the Adolescent Years.

Luke Jackson (Foreword), Liane Holliday Willey (Editor)

Synopsis:

A survival guide for teenagers with Asperger Syndrome. With contributions from professionals such as Tony Attwood, as well as from parents and those with Asperger Syndrome, this volume tackles issues that are pertinent to all teenagers, such as sexuality, depression and friendship. It also discusses topics like disclosure and therapeutic alternatives that are more specific to those with Aspergers.

Yes Sharon, he is. "Multicoloured Mayhem" was written by his mother, Jacqui Jackson.

I would like to point out that the book AS in the Adolescent Years is editied by Liane Holliday Willey, Luke Jackson wrote the foreward. The other 13 chapters are written by other contributors, including Tony Attwood, Jacqui Jackson and Mike Stanton. I have bought the book, it's next on my reading list, I'll post my thoughts as soon as I've read it.

Nellie.

Hi Fel,

I haven't read it as such, just dipped into it for research. I never seem to get time to read books these days. I think Bid may have read it. Bid??

Nellie xx

Sounds like a good book.

Just finished reading Multicoloured mayhem and thought it was great.

Anyone else read it?

Luke Jackson also wrote Freaks geeks and aspergers syndrome which my son read while waiting on dx and he found it very helpful.