Bagpuss

What our daughter really, really wants....

A verruca :lol::lol::lol:

She's desperate for one.....has asked where she can get one from. :lol::lol:

Now keeps asking if I will take her to the swimming pool so she can get a verruca.........when I asked her why she wants a verruca, she said "because i want black holes in my feet" :o I've been tempted to tell her she can have one for her birthday....just to keep her quiet.... :lol::lol::lol:

What amazes me though is no one in the family has ever had a verruca......so where has she found out about them???? :D

This made me laugh.

A friend from school or family memebr may have one. Does she do swimming at school ? It could be that another child has one whomay not be able to do swimming cos of it, does your daughter like swimming ?

it could be that she wants one to get off swimming or p.e. if they do it bare foot. It may simply be that she thinks it's cool, I guess you could always draw one on her foot, with some black felt tip pen or even a marker so it doesn't go, lol

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats a good idea. Our son thinks it could be from TV ad. She laid down next to me earlier and asked for a hearing aid :lol::lol: She recently went swimming with school, but alone with a TA, to help with her MD. This has stopped now, so don't think its related to that, so son could be right.

Sometimes you just have to laugh :lol::lol:

Maybe she just wants a Bazuka :lol:

I remember my son wanting Chicken Pox :blink: only because his brother had them twice by this point, but then his brother caught them for the third time and he got them. He was overjoyed when the first spots appeared, but asked me to take them off him the next day :lol:

oh my lord, it took ayear to get rid of ellies, im sure shed hate it if she had one! lol

buy her an eyebrow pencil! She can have one whenever she wants without having to wear a rubber sock for swimming! Or for special occassions how about a sparkly sequin varrucca? She'd be the envy of all her friends! If she's over sixteen she could have a tattoo...

L&P

BD :D

Bagpus :lol:

Confession time. When I was little I was really jealous of all the people who had warts and varucas. I would hold hands with all the little girls who had warts on their hands so I could catch them. I never ever got warts or varucas which kind of makes you wonder when people say they are highly contagious.

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll grow out of it. :D

Lauren

:lol:

I bought a pair of flippers when I was a kid from the local charity shop and walked around in them for weeks because I had seen a toy in Woolworth's which was a little plastic diver that you put in the bath and he swam around.

Jonathan, thats fantastic :D

Lauren, :lol: your post reminded me of being younger and having to go round houses of friends who had measles etc..... :D:D Can't remember if i ever caught anything or not :unsure:

I can spare a few if you want. Ben has had warts since he was 2 (he's now 5 1/2) and recently develped 2 huge varucas. :wacko: He has 9 on one hand alone. :o Believe me it aint fun trying to treat an AS kid for warts and even worse for varucas. He tends to bite his warts off and then spend the next week crying cos it's bleeding/ hurts. He once caught a wart and riped it right off, ouch. :crying::oops: By the way, they are very contagous all my family (6 of us) have them in one form or another and have for many years now.

Doctors wont freeze kids warts under ten years old, don't know why.