Sign in to follow this  
Lufty

Outage on the Forum

Yes thanks for sorting that out, and to lufty for reassuring email this morning - I thought it was me who had done something to the site!

Cannot understand what people get from doing this sort of thing :(

Will keep an eye out now for unusual things

I managed to affect my pc and laptop (twice in the case of my laptop as I went back to site after I had cleared the trojan off my machine to see if everyone else was ok) good eh!

I've just got on here for the first time today so am just catching up! I too got zapped by the trojans and had to do a scan.

Thanks Lufty for sorting it all out :notworthy::notworthy: I wouldn't know where to start!

K x

Thank you so much for working so hard to restore the forum. I was reading the sensory questionnaire and I noticed a folder thing (excuse poor tech wording) flashing across the screen. I also noticed some names in red and then I got the Trojan warning. My machine seems fine and thank you for working into the wee small hours for us all. I tried to keep a sense of perspective but I felt something was missing until I switched on tonight after work and found that all was well.

Gill

you lot are super-heroes :notworthy: ..........LUFTY.............THE KING :D ............you mentioned to let you know of anything strange on the forum.........what exactly???.............ALSO...........I did,nt have any problem logging on or with the puter...........is this o.k. :huh: ............I,m a complete idiot when it comes to techie stuff :blink:

The King!!!!! :o:rolleyes:

I'll never hear the end of it!!!! :crying:;)

Elefan

I have only just noticed all this. Seems I was missing in action. The thing is I was probably logged in when it happened but was too busy watching big brother to notice.

How would I know if I have been affected? I have had a few problems today. My computer is only 2/3 weeks old so I put them down to teething trouble.

My computer completly shut down today with a message that said something like windows had been shut down to prevent damage to my computer. The problem was with a driver being stuck in a loop. I restarted it and it was ok. Is that anything?

I don't want to tell hubby cos if I have ruined our new puter he will throtle me.

Guest hallyscomet

Thanks Lufty

I sent you an email as it said my server was 'forbidden' on the forum, I thought I was in the naughty corner :(

Then the virus attack two of our computers, thankfully my son cleaned it up.

Well done Lufty >:D<<'> :groupwave:

Hailey

I have only just noticed all this. Seems I was missing in action. The thing is I was probably logged in when it happened but was too busy watching big brother to notice.

How would I know if I have been affected? I have had a few problems today. My computer is only 2/3 weeks old so I put them down to teething trouble.

My computer completly shut down today with a message that said something like windows had been shut down to prevent damage to my computer. The problem was with a driver being stuck in a loop. I restarted it and it was ok. Is that anything?

I don't want to tell hubby cos if I have ruined our new puter he will throtle me.

Viper - If you were logged in and online chances are you would have taken a hit... it should have been caught by any Antivirus/Spyware progs you have running, but you do need to check... Log off and run both ASAP, then you'll have more of an indication of whether there is a problem...

Actually, before you log off, double check you have the latest databases for both AV and Spyware detection from the manufacturers website... If 'auto update' is disabled you'll need to open the programs and hit the 'search for updates' dialogue from there... chances are, if the new pootie is only a few weeks old and you or hubby haven't had a 'fiddle' with the AV/Spyware settings from purchase youll be right as ninepence...

Really hope so...

L&P

BD >:D<<'>

Thanks BD. I did a scan and everything seems ok. Thanks to Lufty it seems a disaster was averted. :notworthy:

I guess I better alert hubbs to this to sort it out if there's a problem but as he has anti-virus software on here that NASA would be proud of I think we'll be OK. It all comes of having a hubbs who worked in the council's IT dept. :D