Sign in to follow this  
Eva

Sleep and Epsom salts

Hi,

I've a question about Epsom salts. I sprinkle some in the boys' bath but it seems to make them hyper sometimes and they take forever to settle down. I thought the opposite was meant to happen!!

Does anyone know why that is?

What are some other things that people use in the bath for their children to help them relax? (Besides lavendar, I hate that stuff!).

Thanks,

Eva

*puzzled look* usually epsom salts do help them to relax... i'm not sure hon... what about that radoc relax bath stuff? I think they have a few different ones along the "calm, sleep, relax" lines?

also, not sure about here, but in the states Johnson's do a baby bath which is suppose to be relaxing and calming?

I believe Johnson's do a lavender scented baby bath, which would calm and relax. Or you could just put a few drops of lavender oil in the water instead.

Karen

x

Are you putting about 2 cupfuls of Epsom salts in?? Are you rubbing the skin with a flannel so that the salts can penetrate the skin???

Hi Stephanie,

no I haven't been doing any of that. I was told to start off with a small amount of Epsom Salts but I've stopped using the stuff now. I'm too scared to rub the salts into the boys' skin - they'd be off their rockers!

Eva

Guest hallyscomet

Heres a little secret, you can buy any of your favourite essential oils and put a few drops in a capful of milk this disperses the oils so that they blend into the water without sitting on the surface in blobs, as essential oils if they get on your skin can irritate it. But not if blended with milk.

Make up a blend rose and sandalwood is lovely or frangipanni.

Funny I havent done this in years just remembered this.

Regards

H. :)