phasmid

Comments and suggestions for the forum:

Hi all,

Following the recent hacking attempt forum Admin have been taking a good look at things on the forum in general. What we would like are your thoughts as members on the forum and its day-to-day running. Things such as:

Can you find the information you need quickly and easily?

If not how could this be improved?

What changes, if any, would you like to see on the site?

Are you happy with the way things run on a day-to-day basis? If not why not, if you are does anything in particular stand out.

Anything you can think of! Suggestions and comments will be welcome from all users old and new aklike.We appreciate that not everybody may have suggestions they wish to share with everyone. These can always be pm'd to any moderator or to forum admin directly where they will be taken on board but your identity kept confidential.

We also appreciate that for many members the thought that a wholesale 'tweak' to things will follow may cause some upset. Please be assured that if any changes do come from this thread you will, of course, be advised well ahead of the event.

Phas

Thanks Phasmid - if I can set the ball rolling, I do sometimes find the forum gets cluttered - often by people starting a new thread, and instead of continuing it as developments happen, instead they start a new one, and then another - and so it goes. Perhaps the mods could help by linking these threads together? This would also mean that you can follow someone's story or problem, rather than losing information through having come in half way!

Elanor

Elanor, I agree to some extent. The only thing is though, usually what happens is that you start a thread with a question or problem which ends up several posts long. Then sometime later (days,weeks, months) there is an update to the same topic and rather than have people wading through realms of posts to get to the new part it's often easier to give an abridged version on a new thread with the latest update/question.

That's just my very humble opinion though!

Lauren

this site is obviously just about perfect :P:notworthy:

Z

Evidently, judging by the dearth of replies. :lol:

Thanks Elanor and Lauren. :)

Please keep the comments coming - otherwise we'll assume no news is good news!

Kathryn.

well I just want the forum to stay and not go, I just hope that if we get another attack the forum can continue...........don,t know what I,d do without you :crying: ...............don,t leave me

I think the forum is great - the only thing is;

see when I log on, 'remember me at this computer' seems to be defaulted at on rather than off.

Is there a way to change this? I always forget to uncheck before I log in.

The changes I'd like to see are still the same as when it stopped being krism- a colour change away from grey and the logo positioned correctly/corrected logo (I sent it to Lufty) instead.

Neither are important as I seem to be the only one bothered by them. :rolleyes:

Hi

what about the birthday board thingy people where talking about.Cause I do forget to post happy birthday to people I'm one of the late ones and the day has often gone.

Lisa x

I may be totally wrong on this, but does the search facility work primarily on thread titles? I can often remember a phrase I used within a post but often forget the title. Can sometimes spend ages looking for a thread to see if it's been updated. 'View new posts' helps, though.

how about adding the little button in the bottom corner of posts that allows you to go straight to the top of the page rather than having to scroll (iykwim!)????

how about adding the little button in the bottom corner of posts that allows you to go straight to the top of the page rather than having to scroll (iykwim!)????

Hi fiorelli -

Do you mean that one Below next to 'CARD', 'PM' and 'REPORT'? :lol::lol:

L&P

BD :D

To be honest, I've never looked at that bit of the screen before - on all other forums I go on, the link seems to be on the right hand side.

Still, Is quite a big :oops: - never mind - it'll teach me to look better next time :lol:

:P me neither, is there also a button that takes you straight to the last reply, for example when you click through the latest post,s and come to the first page on the intro ductions thread??........do ya get me drift?and want to read the latest reply??

:P me neither, is there also a button that takes you straight to the last reply, for example when you click through the latest post,s and come to the first page on the intro ductions thread??........do ya get me drift?and want to read the latest reply??

You can click on 'last post by' which takes you to the end of the thread rather than the beginning.

The little orange square next to a title thread shows there has been new postings on it since you last paid a visit to it. Click said square and it opens the thread on the first unread post in the thread.

HTH

I just wanted to tell you guys what a life saver this place is for me :wub:

and that I wish we had had a computer and this site when my ASD son was born 11 years ago.

I always come here daily (several times) as I know there will always be someone here going through exactly what I am going through and I also love being able to help others, which I try to do.

The little orange square next to a title thread shows there has been new postings on it since you last paid a visit to it. Click said square and it opens the thread on the first unread post in the thread.

HTH

That is so handy :D I didn't know that.

This and that wonderful Top button will give me even more time to add my inane ramblings to the proceedings.

Simply Marvellous Forum :notworthy:

HTH

You learn something new everyday! :lol:

Ta!

One thing I find a bit confusing, and I'm quite new so it's probably I'm not using it right, is that when I'm looking at a thread and then I go back to it the next day, you can't seem to be able to go to where you left off reading so I end up having to go through the whole thread again from the end to find messages I haven't yet seen.

I'd also find it really useful if messages could be 'to' a specific person and 'from' a specific person within a thread and a facility where you can get a list of the 'messages to me' and 'unread messages', so it's easier to see who is replying to what message in a particular thread. Does that make sense?? :blink:

~ Mel ~

What is IPB in the little box to the LHS of the Headers like General Discussion.

I pressed it and it faded to a lighter shade, :oops: what have I done... :huh::lol:

anybody out there..... that can answer this. :huh:

anybody out there..... that can answer this. :huh:

You've done a very bad thing. I think you might very well have broken the internet :D

One thing I find a bit confusing, and I'm quite new so it's probably I'm not using it right, is that when I'm looking at a thread and then I go back to it the next day, you can't seem to be able to go to where you left off reading so I end up having to go through the whole thread again from the end to find messages I haven't yet seen.

That is what the orrange button discussed above does! Takes you to where you left off.

I'd also find it really useful if messages could be 'to' a specific person and 'from' a specific person within a thread and a facility where you can get a list of the 'messages to me' and 'unread messages', so it's easier to see who is replying to what message in a particular thread. Does that make sense?? :blink:

~ Mel ~

You can do that on Delphi forums, but I don't think the mesage board software we have supports it. You also have to pay to access Delphi forums unless you want loads of intrusive advertising. They are also much less flexible in other ways.

Simon

That is what the orrange button discussed above does! Takes you to where you left off.

Oh wow, that's so helpful, thanks a lot for that! :P

~ Mel ~

Could someone tell me what 'pinned' means please!! :blink:

You know how topics move down the list the less people post in them? Well 'pinned' topics always stay at the top even if no-one posts in them. Ta da