Sign in to follow this  
Emum

Curious George

We took E and her brother to see Curious George this afternoon, and she absolutely loved it. She roared with laughter all the way through it, and clearly understood everything which was going on. We were particularly tickled because most of George's naughtiness in the first 20 minutes or so were things which E had actually done over the last 48 hours - painting over large parts of the walls, unwinding lots of toilet rolls and making a mess with soap bubbles - so we could relate to that too!

It was so nice to see because even 6 months ago, she wouldn't have appeared to understand the film or to have enjoyed it, so it shows that her understanding of spoken language, and her ability to follow a narrative has really come on in that short time.

We would really recommend this film for a fun day out for younger children.

I took my son to see this on Saturday and he absolutely loved it and he also roared with laughter bless him :wub: I agree with you whole heartly Emum that it is well worth watching

jayne xx

Sounds like yous had a great time, I've never braved taking my boys to the cinema ever, but been considering applying for a cinema card so I can

Yes I am going next week, slightly dreading the fact that he might get bored after all the sweets have been eaten, but that's kids for you. I could do with a night out anyway - will be nice to get out, just me and him. Leave DH with the other one ... ha ha!

Lil me, we started taking E to the cinema when she was quite young, and even though she didn't follow the films we didn't have a problem with her. Her NT brother on the other hand was terrified of the noise and the dark for years! Our top tips to overcome this were:

1. always arrive before the lights go down and the music starts so they can get used to the cinema before it gets scary

2. warn them the lights will go off, and that it might be noisy

3. lots of sweets to start off with!

4. pick a really motivating film for the first time, and don't be afraid to leave half way through if that's as much as they can take (sit at the end of the row so you can do this easily)

5. if you can, pick a child friendly cinema or one which is not too busy or go at an off peak time so no one will mind too much if your child makes a noise or breaks free and runs down the aisle!

Have fun with your cinema card!