Hi Guys,

Now I know this isn't related to autism, but I'm desperate here!! :wacko:

I have never had PMT in all my life, but it seems to have developed over the last few months :(

Does anyone know if it's related to (gulp) turning 40, next stop the menopause??

Does anyone have any good ideas to help with the psychotic mood swings, weepiness, etc?? :(:crying:

Yours in desperation :crying:

Bid :(

Same here Bid. I'm 40 next year and I've definately noticed each month that I'm becoming short tempered, emotional and tend to drop/knock over/smash things by accident. Never had any PMT before.

Was recently advised to try Evening Primrose Oil, but not got round to trying it yet, so can't recommend it I'm afraid.

Ive suffered from pmt for years and im only 37 ,

I find eating small meals throughout the day to avoide blood sugar levels flactualting helps a great deal with the moodiness.Evening primrose oil was rubbish so was vitamin b supplements.

If all else failes a massive bar of chocalate helps a great deal plus letting rip verbally at yer nearest and dearest followed by punching the setee all of which ive done.

hi bid,

my sister has always had killer pmt, every month she was literally possessed she tried everything and in the end got referred to a pmt clinic who after lenghty consultation and having to keep a diary for three months (you could start that now to have ready) of mood swings sweats etc. put her onto oestragon(sp?) patches, applied to top of leg to avoid any breast cancer risk and would have put her onto progesterone tabs as well but she has a mirena coil fitted which does the job instead. the prob with pmt is that it is linked to an imbalance of oestragen and most gp,s prescribe progesterone tabs(the pill) which on its own does nothing. in the mean time you could try agnus castus and vit B6 tabs taken together along with sunflower seeds,flax,sesameseeds, dried apricots, mango and papya mixed with bio yoghurt every morning and switching to soya milk (if you can stomach it Yuk!)

hope this helps

mrs phasmid

Guest flutter

try agnus castus helps to balance hormones

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living...ml#agnus_castus

also maybe

Dong quai ( also on bbc page) can help also with meno symptoms, i have tried for a bit to give up on the hrt, but my bod takes ages to absorb herbla rememdies so back on hrt,

keep a diary and then get bloods done at docs, cos u need to watch bone density and breast cancer and stuffs if u slip un -noticed into meno

if i think of more i will post

C x

bid, you won't be menopausal yet, you're far too young!

However.... on the lead up to the menopause there is an increase in PMT..... but you'll have years of that before the old biggie kicks in.... Just warn Jester that he'll need to get himself a flack jacket :devil:

Lozza X

Thanks everyone >:D<<'>

I'm already taking Agnus Castus :thumbs:

Vit B...does anyone know what you should do if you are taking a multi-supplement thingy for laydeez, that says on the box that it provides 100% of daily Vit B?? Is it safe to take more??

And what is all this stuff about soya for us laydeez of a certain age?? And linseed??

Bid :wacko:

Vit B...does anyone know what you should do if you are taking a multi-supplement thingy for laydeez, that says on the box that it provides 100% of daily Vit B?? Is it safe to take more??

And what is all this stuff about soya for us laydeez of a certain age?? And linseed??

bid, soya is a natural source of oestrogen and is thought to help the symptoms of the menopause and decrease the risk of breast cancer. Linseed I don't know about.

Loz x

Guest flutter

linseed is another natural ostrogen along with rhubarb

but careful with linseed it can be used as a laxative

http://holisticonline.com/Remedies/hrt/hrt...nd_estrogen.htm

i have loadsa books on it, if you want me to look anything up,

marylin glenville is one to look up

http://www.marilynglenville.com/ i saw her talk once and she was brill, *she says with the can of coke next to her that is sucking all the oestrogens outa her body*

Thanks for all the info >:D<<'>

It's just typical, isn't...just get over having babies, and wham! all this peri-menopausal stuff hits!! :(:wallbash:

Bid :hypno:

Edited by bid

Hi Bid,

Absolutely nothing of any value to add here - despite being way older than you, I haven't experienced any of this yet :ph34r::ph34r:

I'm noting all the advice though for future reference... :rolleyes:

Seriously, menopause or not, I hope you find something to alleviate the symptoms. >:D<<'>

K xx

Have hoped a thread on this would appear as was too embarrassed to open one myself. My only cure for PMT was the Pill which mostly masks it. I have endured horrendously heavy periods since I was 10; I use the Pill as a method of controlling this but since I turned 40 (now 46) they have been heavy anyway. I have been wondering if heavy periods can be a problem with AS? I am now 46 and about to have TCRE and Mirena Coil. Anyone had this?

I agree that chocolate is THE BEST MEDICINE. Small regular meals and not letting blood sugar drop is a more practical solution and in part works for me. I have not tried evening primrose oil yet. I do hope you find a solution, Bid. There is nothing worse than being a woman!

Yoyo

Yoyo...I had horrendous gynae problems for all of my adult life, finally cured by an op a couple of years ago, but it means I can't have any more children :(

I don't know if there is a link with AS...I wonder what other Lipstick Aspies think??

Bid :bat:

Yoyo...I had horrendous gynae problems for all of my adult life, finally cured by an op a couple of years ago, but it means I can't have any more children :(

Bid,

Do you mind me asking what the op was? My op will mean I can't have more children but that's no problem.

Yoyo

I had a balloon ablation thingy...what the tabloids call a 'non-surgical' hysterectomy, where the lining is permanently removed but you don't have to have major surgery.

Are you having something similar?

Bid >:D<<'>

Edited by bid

I had a balloon ablation thingy...what the tabloids call a 'non-surgical' hysterectomy, where the lining is permanently removed but you don't have to have major surgery.

Are you having something similar?

Yes, I am having an endometrial ablation (TCRE) and insertion of Mirena Coil at the same time. I have read horrendous problems concerning Mirena and hope it doesn't disagree with me. Have had very bad hospital experiences and am mega anxious. My pre-op appointment on Thursday was not in the slightest bit reassuring, (nurses did not understand my excessive anxiety as I need to know exactly what is happening)so I contacted the consultant's secretary and mentioned I also have possible AS. To my utter amazement she said, 'Don't worry, I know all about AS because one of my friends has it and gets very anxious. You will be looked after, just post your questions to the consultant''. I was so relieved I burst into tears as I expected to be laughed at about AS. Thank you for your replies and I do hope all gets sorted out for you.

Yoyo

Hey, yoyo!!

Another fellow Lipstick Aspie!! :clap::clap:

I hope everythign goes really well with your hospital visit >:D<<'>

Hey, yoyo!!

Another fellow Lipstick Aspie!! :clap::clap:

I hope everythign goes really well with your hospital visit >:D<<'>

Thank you so much, Bid, for your good wishes. I think I live in the area for lipstick aspies (Newbury??) but I am so anti-social and fear meeting new people. Have had some very sad experieces with people recently and am loath to try anything new. I am afraid that I do not like lipstick or anything girlie. I am an organist, trainspotter (am collecting models of foreign rail companies to compete with my husband's layout!!) and am interested in fast cars. Do you really think I would fit in??

Best wishes,

Yoyo

Hi yoyo..... yeah you fit in :dance: an organist trainspotter??? or is that two seperate activities?? :huh::lol:

Lauren X

Of course!

And lipstick is optional!! :lol: (I don't actually wear it either ;) )

I'll PM you when we have organised the next LSA Meet :thumbs:

Bid :D

Thank you, Lauren and Bid. I'm afraid it is two separate activities. I am ultra ' sad' as my children and pupils say. (I confessed to one of my classes that I was going visiting steam engines and a railway exhibition and they laughed so much!!) Am glad lipstick is optional and thank you for your kind offer to PM me about the next meeting.

Yoyo

Good luck with the op Yoyo. I had same op as Bid about 18 mths ago. My dh got abit worried when he hadn't heard from hospital re time to collect me so gave them a bell. He asked for gynae ward (which turned out to be wrong one) and asked if I was ready to be collected. They couldn't find any details about me, so asked what I was in for ......."oh, not sure, something to do with a balloon and acid :o:o "

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Not sure where the acid idea came from :lol::lol::lol::lol:

They must be used to it though, because they put him straight thru to correct ward :lol::lol::lol:

i am on my second mirena coil the first one i had put in in hospital using a spinal block. i had a dnc first and then had the coil fitted. because i was awake everyone was really calm and explained things to me as they were happening. i too had it fitted because of heavy long periods(3 WEEKS OUT OF FOUR!) within 2 months i had no periods for 6 years, even though they recommend change after 5 i forgot it was there. the second one i had done at the family planning clinic NEVER AGAIN just don't ever go there! both my sisters have the coil one with oestragen(sp?) patches for pmt-CURED as mentioned above- and one for the same as me. i have never had a days trouble with mine except for a couple of days of cramps just after fitting. why not ask if you can have the procedures with a spinal as i did( i have spinal arthritis and cannot extend my neck) that way they can talk you through it and keep you calm. i had spinals with 2 ceasrians and can honesty say the worse bit of having that done is the local they put in before fitting the block - think 100 bee stings at once - after that just legs of lead :lol:

i am on my second mirena coil the first one i had put in in hospital using a spinal block. i had a dnc first and then had the coil fitted. because i was awake everyone was really calm and explained things to me as they were happening. i too had it fitted because of heavy long periods(3 WEEKS OUT OF FOUR!) within 2 months i had no periods for 6 years, even though they recommend change after 5 i forgot it was there. the second one i had done at the family planning clinic NEVER AGAIN just don't ever go there! both my sisters have the coil one with oestragen(sp?) patches for pmt-CURED as mentioned above- and one for the same as me. i have never had a days trouble with mine except for a couple of days of cramps just after fitting. why not ask if you can have the procedures with a spinal as i did( i have spinal arthritis and cannot extend my neck) that way they can talk you through it and keep you calm. i had spinals with 2 ceasrians and can honesty say the worse bit of having that done is the local they put in before fitting the block - think 100 bee stings at once - after that just legs of lead :lol:

Thank you Mrs. Phasmid and Bagpuss. I'm afraid general anaesthetic is insisted upon where I am. I am glad I won't know about the Mirena going in as I do not fancy being conscious for that! Had epidurals for my children and would certainly recommend them to anyone. Am so pleased to hear of people for whom the Mirena has worked as there are horror stories on other fora about them. Just another few weeks to wait and worry. Hope the consultant is as nice as his secretary says!

Yoyo

Yoyo,

I had general anaesthetic for my op. I wasn't given any other option either.

I've also had epidurals and spinals for my 3 caesareans, andalso found they worked really well :D

I was offered coil (not sure which to be honest, but was told it was fantastic for making periods lighter and less frequent ), but I opted for op instead. If I'd opted for coil it would of been fitted without anaesthetic which I assumed was the norm.

Edited by Bagpuss

Guest flutter

i have had a hyterectomy at 32 then ovaries out at 36

yoyo i have heard that once the mirena settles down it can be fantastic help for bad periods, and pain. Depending on the pain u suffer gyns can put it in under general, espec if they "already in there"

good luck with consultant, have all your Q's written down so you are all prepared

C x

Thank you so much for your replies, Flutter and Bagpuss. I hope I will have a positive outcome. I have written all my questions to the consultant and hope he won't take too long to respond. My previous hospital experiences and my inability to cope with people I don't know give rise to extreme stress; I wish it didn't. The attitudes of the medical students I studied alongside at university do no inspire confidence. Thank you all for your support. There seems to be a lot of us forty-somethings on the site.

Best wishes

YoyoXX

Yes you can take way over without doing any harm. Does your laydeez thingy have magnesium in? Need it for B6 to work. I'd go for Evening Primrose over linseed.

Well, I found a 'seed mix' (for humans :lol: ) from a well-known supermarket, and I've been sprinkling it on cereal and yoghurt every day for coming up to a month or so.

So far, no signs of the dreaded PMT, and my hair seems a bit better.

Just to say that I have just home from having my op (ablation and coil insertion. All went very well and I just feel light headed from anaesthetic. I have been mega anxious for the past many weeks, as it turned out, quite unnecessarily. Everyone was so helpful and sympathetic about my anxiety when I went in; they made sure I knew exactly what was happening and listened to me as I had indicated that I possibly have AS. Thankfully a very positive experience and thanks to all of you for your good wishes when this thread was more active.

Yoyo

Angus Castus??

I'm taking Angus Sirloin (all the way from bonnie Aberdeen!) :P

Don't even ask what i'm doing in this thread ... i got lost on my way to the gents!! :lol::lol::wacko:

Be afraid, BD, be very afraid...if you hang about here we might start talking about laydeez' 'basement utilities', and childbirth!! :o:ph34r:;)

Bid :lol::devil:

Glad everything went so well, Yoyo! :D>:D<<'>

Edited by bid

Guest flutter

ooooooooooooooooooooooh BD

u here .............................................

well now the hormone regulator helps to alleviate the ?"$?$"" then it also helps with the ?"$")?"??

lmvfao :dance:

}i{