Sign in to follow this  
elaine1

liver biopsy

>:D<<'> had to go for one yesterday, bloomin painful too well the anesthetic was anyhow lol. Apparently the doc thinks i have autoimmune hepititus?sp, so have to take steriods great!.

reading info sheet and under after effects is listed - moon face and acne - well how great!.

shall i buy a paper bag now or later?. >:D<<'>

elaine :(>:D<<'>

How long will you have to take the steroids for?

The side affects are a pain but you'll feel so much better when you're taking them.

Lauren

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Not everybody gets the side effect listed on the medication.

On my anti depressants it list,diorehha,liver failure,sleeplessness,palpitaions,and seveare sweating none of which ive had.

>:D<<'> I have taken steroids for years for my Ulcerative Colitis. I think generally the higher the dose the more likely you are to experience symtoms such as a moon face. I'm on a maintenance dose of 5mg a day. I have a bone scan every few years as steroids are known to thin the bones which could lead to osteoporosis. The higher dose made me a bit manic , I couldn't sleep and I had lots of headaches. I have no real problems now. They can also lower your immunity so you may pick up infections more easily.

Steroids have changed my life. Life before steroids wasn't much of one, constantly on the loo, in pain , no appetite, no energy, constantly drained. Now I have a life and my maintenance dose stops the Colitis from flaring up big time.

Also, everyone's different and what may affect one person won't necessarily affect someone else in the same way.

Take care.

Hope you feel better soon

I've had about 8 of them done now and it can be quite sore, 2 of them they did were just under my bra straps :tearful:

From what I know of AH it is best treated with steroids or can cause further problems, hope you don't get too many side effects with them

:( Ouch, sound's painful >:D<<'>

I've taken steroids off and on for years. I've never had a 'moon face' from them, but i do put on weight around my tum a little bit. They do make me feel very dippy (like i need the help!!, :blink: lol) for the first few weeks until your body gets used to them.

Hope they help you feel better >:D<<'>

Guest hallyscomet

Thinking of you Elaine >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hope this helps and you start feeling better soon, and no side effects :pray:

Love

Hailey xx >:D<<'>

at the moment i feel quite sick and light headed dont know if its the tablets or my hypercondriac tendencies lol

Ow poor thing, did doc mention milk thistle, helps support the liver! Some dr's do, my aunt was told about it, she has PBC, but it would interfere with her meds, and she's rather advanced in the disease :(

Hope the steroids work for you!

Anna x

at the moment i feel quite sick and light headed dont know if its the tablets or my hypercondriac tendencies lol

Hi hun >:D<<'>

I fell like that for about 10 days when i first begin taking steriods - i found eating little and often - and sleeping loooooottttsssss helped! It's almost like morning sickness :sick: . Hope you pick up soon - they really helped me out. >:D<<'> :D