Sign in to follow this  
LKS

Sorry got to say this!

OK I have to say this and I'm prepared to be pelted with rotten veggies but I hate this weather. I mean what is the pleasure in being so hot you can't do anything. The kids fight and moan more than usual, too hot in our garden no shade too hot to go out. Been trying to do ironing. DH wants a *&**&^ roast dinner cos he's got a hangover from watching the footie yesterday :angry::angry: And God I hate my body :P In the winter no-one knows what lurks under me clothes, no such luck in the summer. You see those women looking cool and bronzed and groomed and I'm red, creased and sweaty :sick: and I've got hayfever and I can't sleep at night and and.....

Edited by LKS

LKS,

>:D<<'> I know what you mean! I promised my mum and dad i'd cook a roast for them today, i had the fan blasting on me whilst i was cooking! It was horrible (food was nice though!).

I must say though, i do love this weather, only if i don't have to do anything like house work ,shopping etc. It's fine if you can lounge around all day sipping a nice cold drink :P .

I've just spent the last 30 minutes sitting on a garden chair with my feet in the paddling pool. Lovely!

Kai is always very grumpy when it's hot :( .

I prefer a happy medium, ie 70 degrees with a nice cool breeze....................

Loulou xx

I'm from Africa and should be used to the heat but when you have had it for 30yrs you so enjoy the white winters. I have never really been a sun worshipper but love the feeling that summer brings.

I love the english summers but they are getting hotter and hotter (golbal warmer and all). the long summer nights are golorious but only if there is a breeze around 22degrees is bearable... Today with the humidity reminds me of home and i dont think i could cope with it for too long - if we had a pool outside and airconditioning.

I too hide away in the winter under layers and shy away in the summer...

I don't mind when its warm, but not hot . Find it so hard to sleep when the bedroom is like a greenhouse, and the window is wide open but the curtains don't move :( Nice for the kids to be able to play out in the garden, but our youngest dd is so scared of any insect, including flies, so we tend to have continual screeching. Love autumn best :D Golden leaves and kids back to school...bliss :lol::lol:

Can understand re the clothes... :(:( I never look toned and tanned....... :( I tan in patches, especially on my face, or go a lovely shade of pink, my hair tends to look matted after about an hour in the sun, and I've yet to look fresh and summery :rolleyes:

I simply love this weather. Having been brought up in Ireland where there is negligible difference between winter and summer, it is sheer bliss to have reliably dry, hot days. I can't say much about looking good - far from it!

Yoyo

I'm a hot weather hater too Hayfever is driving me crazy :crying: . I have nothing to wear and all me lumps and bumps stick out :sick: .It's not nice to try to sleep and I can't breathe moan over now :D

Lisa x

I enjoy the fredom of the hot weather... although I do agree that trying to find a cool spot is problematic! We tend to go out in the first half of the day then the early evening before and after it gets too hot.

We have a very small but very sunny garden but creat shade with a table umbrella... also the kids love having water fights which keeps them cool.

The biggest problem I have is getting William out, he absolutely detests the heat and the glaring sun but a good sun hat and a pair of sun glasses helps.

Lauren

Hi,

I hate the hot weather too - I suffer in the heat. How hot is it exactly where you are?

24 degrees would be ideal, (but not at night though).

Last NYE, it got to 43 degrees. I remember being outside at 7pm thinking that it was a tad warm and why did I feel like I was in an oven? Now though it's winter and it's usually about 13 degrees which I love, but not if it's windy though. Hate the wind too...

Eva

How many buckets of water to fill a paddling pool to a depth of 1 inch?

I'm glad I didn't have to find out - I was suffering heat exhaustion from pumping the thing up.

I hate this weather too - far too hot to do anything and there's no way to really escape it (I'm actually wanting to be at work at the moment as the office has air-con :D). At least when it's cold you can put a jumper on or something

:lol: Oh I'm so glad it's not just me!!! 5 yr daughter is grumpy and floppy in the sun, I spend all my time moving the shade around (3 year old little'un wont wear hat, shades or suncream - or clothes or a nappy for that matter), sweeping up the sand from the sandpit (thrown everywhere), the gravel from round the footings (thrown at the conservatory), mopping up water from the play-table (bought indoors and poured in neat little puddles at varying intervals around the house, various wee's, poo's and crushed food from varying places, and when it comes to me....

...I've got no summer tops that sufficiently cover my tummy, I'm so white Im nearly blue - if I try that cream that gently tans you over time I just end up with orange hands and ankles (who's got time to do all that scrubbing and moisturising anyway?) and the older I get, the stranger the places I sweat.....like my knees sweat - that's got to be wierd right?

:lol: I was so looking forward to summer too!!!

Edited by MumTee

>:D<<'>

I hate the summer and I hate the winter, never happy :lol:

Pleased my lot don't like roast dinners much as I only have to cook one when I want one

Oh and as for that tanning moisturiser, I looked like something from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that sings :lol::rolleyes:

Edited by lil_me

Glad we have all been brave enough to 'come out' :D I must admit I think I've conjured up a very attractive picture of myself ;) I think we would all be O.K. if we could just sit out in the shade with a nice cool drink :thumbs: but that ain't going to happen. One of the mums at school who looks like shes been tangoed, gets up really really early to do any housework. She even irons in the sun :wacko: Just so she can roast all day.

Isn't there a certain temperature where we all start to go a bit mad. I've witnessed some very continental driving lately :o

Guest flutter

have to say i hate the heat, but am coping oks just now

so i must be a changin! wonder what into tho..................... :whistle::whistle:

C x

I had a barbecue at my auntie's yesterday, and I have to say Summer > Winter.

I got sunburnt arms, though.

Sorry guys,

Pelt me with ice cubes if you like, but I love this weather. :)

I must admit, a swimming pool in the garden would be great. And I wish I didn't have to go to work in these temperatures - the heat definitely slows the brain down. :hypno: But I enjoy sitting outside when it's gone dark.

K x (I'll get me coat - on second thoughts, maybe not!)

Hi,

Today was so hot at work, none of the babies were feeding as they were all sparko from the heat! All the visitors were grumpy and we were slaving away in trousers and tunics (i love the NHS!) :blink: .

When i got in from work i spent half an hour sitting in the paddling pool pretending i was on hloiday.........

Loulou x