Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

L. IS SPEAKING AGAIN!!

She's on playing on Halo at the moment and chatting away. :):):):):):):)

I came in this afternoon and she clearly said the word "Halo" - the first proper word she's spoken since just before Easter. She was excited about a Halo tournament they're going to have at the end of term.

This evening her dad started playing on Halo woth her and I couldn't believe what I was hearing - she was talking fluently. It's really strange after not hearing her talk for all these weeks, although in the last few days she had started to make a few more recogniseable speech sounds.

I suppose I have to get used to the possibility that these phases will come and go - but I had been contemplating the possibility she might never speak again now she has her alphasmart. It's so good to hear her speak, I can't tell you how much. :):tearful:

I'm feeling :dance::thumbs: right now but trying to act cool and casual about it I don't want to draw attention to it.

Creators of Halo, whoever you are - respect! :notworthy::notworthy::lol:

K x

WOW :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Kathryn, Brilliant, Brilliant news.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Very VERY best to you and L... Brilliant kid/Brilliant mum :tearful:

L&P

BD :D

thats really brill news Kathryn, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how things were going.I had no idea it had been that long.........since before easter!!.............so pleased she,s speaking again.........big hugs to you all >:D<<'> Suzex.

Guest flutter

sooo pleased for you

>:D<<'>

u are the best lettin her do al this on her own terms

C x

kathryn - this is such fantastic news - mrs phas was really worried about YOU when you were discussing this with her. all here at phas towers are over the moon for you all and long may it continue >:D<<'> :thumbs::wub:

Kathryn >:D<<'>

That's just excellent news about L. :thumbs::thumbs:

And who said video games were not good for you ;)

Go Halo, Go Halo :dance::dance::dance:

Brook :thumbs:

Thanks everybody, :)

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

She and her brother were chatting for ages tonight - way past his bedtime, but who cares! :D

K xx

Aw kathryn that is so brilliant,you must be over the moon!!excuse me for being dumb but what is HALO? :unsure:

Hi Lindy lou,

You're asking the wrong person as I don't know much, but I can tell you it's an X box game involving humans and various alien beings fighting each other (a bit like Star Wars). I'm useless at it but L is brilliant, it's been her big obsession for ages. She's looking forward to a new version coming out soon. A film is also being made.

K x

Hi Lindy lou,

You're asking the wrong person as I don't know much, but I can tell you it's an X box game involving humans and various alien beings fighting each other (a bit like Star Wars). I'm useless at it but L is brilliant, it's been her big obsession for ages. She's looking forward to a new version coming out soon. A film is also being made.

K x

Aah i see!!well thank goodness for it :thumbs:

Hi, That is such good news. It must be such a huge relief after so many months. ASD is such a strange thing. I 'm so happy for you.

pim

Hi Kathryin, great news, I am really pleased for you, I totally get the acting all casual bit, when my son started talking about the football the other day to his older brother we were both gobsmacked but picked it up like it was an everyday occurance when he never takes an interest in anything else other than his particualr obsession, later I noticed him playing a football computer game with his brother, and I think this is what started it off so maybe there is so much more to computer games than we realise :):):)

we also have Halo!

Kathryn, fantastic news! I'm really pleased. :D:D:D

I'm like you, when the boys are talking to each other when they're supposed to be in bed, I love it. I'd let them stay up all night if it encourages communication!!!

Love

Lizzie

Thankyou everyone, you're a great bunch >:D<<'>

I thought I might have dreamt yestersday but L has been talking today too - not to me but to her brother. In fact they are talking to each other now about Halo - a subject which renders me speechless so thank goodness for little brothers. :lol: I'm enjoying listening to them - it's better than the radio. :)

The context she speaks in is still fairly restricted at the moment: ie her favourite subjects. Last night she said she still needs her alphasmart for "conversations with meaning" (her words). I think in the long term we'll probably have to expect her speech to come and go and get used to a mixture of voice and print and sign language, but I've given up trying to predict what will happen next - it's all so baffling. :huh:

K x

>:D<<'> wow how great for you all!. lets hope she goes from strength to strength

Guest hallyscomet

Kathryn :crying:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

:pray: God Bless your beautiful daughter, one step at a time. :clap::clap::dance::D

Thats the best news I heard in weeks >:D<<'> >:D<<'> to a wonderful mum and daughter :pray:

May I also add, my sons Paediatrician always said these types of games are very soothing to his brain when he is overloaded for instance. Teachers at school say they should be removed from the homes as they are stopping children learning because of overuse, this is proof as my sons doctor has said, they do help ASD people, does something to calm and balance the brain were his words. :notworthy: Praise the Lord :)

I am sooooo happy for you and L Kathryn. >:D<<'> :D:wub:

Love

Hailey xx

Edited by hallyscomet