Sign in to follow this  
elaine1

lunchtime battles

Tom takes lunch to school every day. he has gone off sandwiches he only eats cheese sandwiches and was sick of them - fair enough but in place of them he wanted crackers with butter.

He has returned with them still in his bag for four days now, so he has had nothing to eat all day long. he has a drink of orange juice, laso the only thing he drinks.

he says he doesnt have time to eat them, but ate his andwiches without a problem. does anyone have any suggestions as to what to give him for lunch which is quick and easy to eat.

he wont eat cheese sandwiches weve tried him with them. :wacko:

Hi,

It sounds awful but when I was having this problem with William he'd have cold pizza. I'd cook it the night before or sometimes early in the morning. He then went off pizza other than the 'Hut' pizzas.

Then he would take in cheesey dippers, bread sticks with soft cheese to dip into.

Not the most nutritious food but William is a very picky eater and it was better than him going hungry all afternoon.

Lauren

Edited by Lauren

Some of the children in my sons school just take things like crisps, yoghurt and fruit as they won't have sandwishes, some also take pastries like sausage rolls etc as long as they eat something it is better than nothing.

Also try intoucing it at home over the weekend, in his lunch box maybe, works with my son.

Maybe it isn't the food and where/how it is done ?

My son didn't eat at school for years, until he was allowed to sit in the library for lunch, now he almost always eats the lot.

After thought, will he have milkshakes or smoothies ? Something with a bit more nutrition to keep him going

Edited by lil_me

my son is the same and always takes the same lunch to school every day he will not eat anything with bits in so its cream cheese sandwiches only. I have however managed to get him to eat the little pancakes you can buy as they are bitless. They are very filling but more a desert really but as long as he's getting some food.

Would he eat something like a teacake with butter ? Other than that have you tried pitta bread Char love it he thinks it is great.

Lisa x

Hi Elaine,

My daughter is exactly the same - in primary she'd take cheese sandwiches - but after a couple of years got fed up with them. She also struggled to eat anything else - and would very often say she hadn't time to eat certain things and would very often go weeks/months without eating/drinking at all in school. Even now she takes a sports bottle of water to school and doesn't touch a drop even during this hot weather.

She did for quite a while also just take a couple of slices of cheese to eat. I used to worry endlessly about her going all day without anything to eat - so was grateful to let her just eat a few slices of cheese on their own.

She also tried the cracker thing and did move onto the Dairylea lunchables - just the cracker and cheese (she wouldn't eat the ham or turkey!!!).

Take care,

Jb

hi elaine my son eats very little at school.Just check that nothing else has put him off eating at school, has the hot weather made smells stronger, is someone eating egg sandwiches next to him....or is there something he likes to play outside which makes him leave the food in favour of the playground.One thing that did work for my son was eating with a friend in the class room away from the noise and smells in the canteen.

ty for all the suggestions, i think i will try the lunchables things although im not in favour of them as you say, at tleast he would be eating something. He wouldnt eat soft cheese though so the dips wouldnt work, and cold pizza wd make him gag!.

will let u know how it goes.