Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

His first school trip

My son went on his first school trip today. The previous head had stopped him from going on school trips due to his 'complex needs' this was before dx and before I knew he wasn't allowed to do that :angry:

Anyway they went to a Railway Museum and the LSA who has been in his class since reception looked after him. Drum roll ............................

She said he was extremely well behaved, loved the magician :huh: which usually he'll question the tricks so he must have been good, ate all his lunch :clap: and in all had a brilliant day, she was so pleased with him :D I was so proud. Ok we've been there before so he knew some of what to expect, but still was so great to hear good things, as it has been negative for a long time. I know the LSA was unsure what to expect as Mikey has even refused to go on a walk around the village with school as he was anxious about it, but all went well. Even some of the parents and grandparents who went commented on how great he coped.

She did point out that he became anxious when things got noisy but she anticipated that and tried to warn him, or just did as I suggested and covered his ears and distracted him.

:tearful: Needed to share. From a proud Mum.

:whistle: Forgot to add couldn't resist spoiling him as a treat for being so good, so he's got his game he has wanted for ages, and I even got a kiss for it without asking :blink:

Only downside is he gets more awake when he's had more exercise and seen as they have been walking etc all day, he's still up :rolleyes:

Edited by lil_me

:D:D:D

So glad it went well for him.

Its great isnt it when they give you a kiss or a cuddle without us haveing to ask >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

aww fabulous - i love it when a plan comes together lol. My son has gone to the thinktank at birmingham today i think its like a science museum with interactive displays - he will enjoy that, he likes fiddling with exhibits only this time he will be allowed to lol.

only thing is I gave him ?5 for the shop and he left his wallet at home, bless him. >:D<<'>

:huh: It is quite strange how many parents/helpers that went have said how good he was, even today they mentioned it. Made me blush with pride. Only downside is it is making me think they must notice how 'not so good' he usually is :unsure:

They will be including him in future trips, or there will be hell on :angry: he's proved to them there was no reason not to take him on the other trips

Edited by lil_me