Sign in to follow this  
brooke

Teeth

Hi everyone

The other night O had a wobbly tooth and it came out he is 5. I am sooooo pleased a couple of weeks ago i explained to him about little teeth coming out and getting new ones in he didnt really understand but it saved us from hysteria when the first one came out :D

He was upset but then calmed down when i said the tooth fairy would come bless! :wub: I didnt realise their teeth came out when they are so little anyone else got any storeys on how there children were? I think he did well considering his understanding is limited for his age

My son is very much like me and hates anything to do with teeth, dont like dribble or blood when teeth come out. Luckily for me his he swollowed his first tooth :sick: , he was rather upset but we still let the tooth fairy leave him some money!!!

Hi

My DS is terrified whe his teeth fall out due to the blood. He has got a very wobbly tooth at the moment and, unlike alot of children who help teeth on their way with their tongues, he is determined it won't come out, becoming petrified of anything which might make it fall out, from tooth brushing, to eating, to using his tongue Properly when talking (there goes all the hard work put in with speech therapy!)

God please don't tell Char they fall out and you get some money cause he will be pulling them out just to get the cash. :lol: He's into money at the mo lord knows why :huh:

Lisa x

Our youngest dd is 5 and she's lost quite a few so far. When it first happened she was alittle upset, but soon cheered up the next day when the tooth fairy had come :D Now she actively tries to pull them out if they are wobbly :lol::lol: She managed to pull another one out last night....I hadn't even realised it was wobbly......hmmm...maybe it wasn't :o She looks adorable with two top front teeth missing though :wub:

Edited by Bagpuss

H has just turned 5 in may and i'm dreading it, he has very little understanding and doesn't understand santa (who he is and what he does) never mind a tooth fairy, i dont know how i'm going to explain that to him, i think no matter how much i tell him his tooth will become wobbly and fall out he will still freak when it happens, he's very sensitive to anything that happens on his head/face.

Is it usual for them to start falling out when they are 5?

OMG I hope not!

Clare

Is it usual for them to start falling out when they are 5?

OMG I hope not!

Clare

Hi Clare

I was suprised o's teeth came out at five but there are quite a few in his class that have them out too so it will probably be soon.

My boy has never understood santa either but im hoping this yr he might.

Going back to teeth I just kept having to tell him that he would be getting big teeth soon so the little ones would come out im not sure how much he understood and was still a bit upset when it did happen but i think just talking to him about it before must of helped and maybe reminded him. Its hard to know what they understand and what they dont. :unsure:

Martin is 10 and another of his canine teeth came out this morning. When I asked where he had put it he said "It's in my top drawer mum, I'm sure you know what to do with it, you know tooth fairy and all!"

Did you know that the going rate for teeth is ?5 per tooth! :o Our tooth fairy only gives ?1 and she thinks that's too much! :devil:

Our tooth fairy forgot once :shame: Luckily she had just been delayed and came while our dd was eating breakfast :whistle: ?5 per tooth.... :o ....do they need any weekend staff, I could polish their wings or something?? :lol: Our's is a ?1 :D

used to be 6d in my day!

maybe a special tooth coming out treat would be more suitable for some of our kids than a strange winged thing floating around their rooms in the night and leaving irrelevant (unless you're Com who's obsessed with money) trinkets you hardly know what to do with.

Z

used to be 6d in my day!

Me too - a nice shiny one.

?5 for a tooth is a bit excessive, I think I'll be a cut-price fairy as well.

J's seven and a half and still has a full set, and nothing seems to be wobbling yet either.

Karen

x

Think ours is a tight fairy it's only ?1 for the 1st lost tooth it 50p after that she's not rich this fairy you know :lol:

Lisa x

Sam lost his first tooth at school.

His teacher told him that a special fairy would come into his room at night when everyone was alseep to take his tooth and leave him money.

Sam did not like the idea of someone comming in his room when everyone was asleep especially someone who stole your teeth.

He stayed up all night armed with a torch, a 4 foot bokken (japanese wooden sword) and surrounded himself with traps lots and lots of fairy traps!

my daughter was 5 too, and by the age of 10 almost all of her babies had come out she has 1 i think. In contrast her borther who is 13 still has 3 to go lol.

my daughter was 5 too, and by the age of 10 almost all of her babies had come out she has 1 i think. In contrast her borther who is 13 still has 3 to go lol.

My daughters nearly 13 - she had 4 removed in hospital last year - 4 have fallen out within the last 6 months and she still has loads left.