Sign in to follow this  
justamom

So embrassed

I went to pick up my dd from school today and a mother was waiting for me at the gate, cut a long story short she showed me a print out of what my "little angel" :whistle: had been writing on msn to her son.... Well, i was so shocked to say the least, if she had of said it was keegan i would have believed her but not C the earth could have swallowed me up.. F- words and all..

I so appreicated the ladies honesty for being brave enough to approach me, and for letting me know what the bleeding hell she was up too....

I know its my fault too i should supervise the computer more, i thought i could trust her. She has been grounded from the computer for 1mnth.....

Kids hey who'll have em

I know this feeling only too well. Martin uses some awful language on and off computer. I did get apprehended by his headteacher and she told me my son needed more supervision and guidance on what he watched on TV and played on the computer.

I did point out to her that his TV consists mainly of Cartoon Network and his computer Runescape etc and perhaps he has learned it in the playground - she was none too pleased :devil:

Yeah, i know what you mean daisy C is not innocent in all of this, when i spoke to her she admitted that she did swear on the computer but she said he was swearing first, does the other mother know this???

I think i will have to point this out to her, but at the end of the day i have to worry about my child and she was in the wrong, little madam she is

Had similar with our 12 yr old ds. We let him use the laptop in his room ,without supervision, believing he was a sensible, mature lad who was only going on runescape and msn....then dh happened to come across some rather er, shall we say rude pics and sites. So we began to check the laptop every time our ds had been on, and found he was looking as these things on a regular basis. He was barred for quite some time, and has only recently been allowed back on..but only in the living room or kitchen, and with supervision.

I told the kids tonight that their attitudes stink and better change for the better (i'm on one now) and Keegan said to me I cant smell anything :lol: What can you say to that!!!

mmm thats the trouble with puters you cant actually hear the conversation lol. Tom has an obsession with man united and joined their chat group, he was banned for swearing repeatedly, but when i looked most of the ppl on there sowre. He didnt even know some of the words he used were swear words!

he does now though :lol:

I went to pick up my dd from school today and a mother was waiting for me at the gate, cut a long story short she showed me a print out of what my "little angel" :whistle: had been writing on msn to her son.... Well, i was so shocked to say the least, if she had of said it was keegan i would have believed her but not C the earth could have swallowed me up.. F- words and all..

I so appreicated the ladies honesty for being brave enough to approach me, and for letting me know what the bleeding hell she was up too....

I know its my fault too i should supervise the computer more, i thought i could trust her. She has been grounded from the computer for 1mnth.....

Kids hey who'll have em

Hi there

My four all use MSN and I am guilty of not being with them all the time, but as a busy mum and foster mum I just can't be and they are old enough to be trusted. I think that your daughter probably saw others swearing and decided it was the done thing. There is lots of swearing on MSN. The good thing is you know about it now and have done something about it. There must be loads of parents that have no idea what their kids get up to on MSN. My daughter is always telling me that her old "friends" are meeting boys in other towns from MSN. Which puts me in difficult situations whether to tell their mums or not, if I am in close contact with them I do mentioned it, as god forbid anything was to happen I would feel awful and I would also like to know if my daughter was doing the same.

The majority of children do use fowl language on the computer when I challenged my normal son he said that all the boys and girls used it. It appears to be part of their culture and of course the parents can not hear them.

On the way home today I was listening to a raido station that said a lot of the employees had been reprimmanded for sending and receiveing rude images via their emails.

The benefits of information technology!!

I my self do not like fowl language

Jen