Sign in to follow this  
Elouise

I dare not be ill ever again.

I have decided that I can never be ill and stuck in bed for over a week again.

The chest infection was nasty, the allergic reaction to the anti-biotic was somewhat colourful. So was my language once I could speak felt so awful I simply crawled to bed and pulled the covers over my head working on the theory that Rich could cope with our four at full pelt and work instead of me for one week. I even pulled in favours from those who owe me their mortal souls to get Sam & Annie to and from School for Rich to get to work! (Nathan's in a taxi he gets lost trying to find the end of the drive) BOY was I wrong.

Its taken five strong cups of tea to get over the state of my lounge. Nathan had left his elderly and incontinent bunny loose forgetting the poor thing needs steps to his litter tray so the poor bunny did what a bunny has to do ....everywhere. And did he clean the cage once? Of course not.

I cannot believe Rich failed to notice the smell....I cannot believe my four happily sat in that mess adding extras to it in the form of crisp packets, sweet wrappers Annie's snail collection and things even I am scared to try and identify I just hope they were dead.

Just about coped with that...then I went into the kitchen.......

*cries* no food, rubbish all over the floor, Nathan's attempts at cooking burnt on to every surface, sticky something on every surface, a new N gauge train track layout has been nailed to the table (Sam) and unlucky for Jo I DID find the two phone bills she had carefully hidden as she got to the post last week before me....even I resorted to drinking out of a jam jar whilst i wait for the dishwasher to remove all the blue fluffy fur from the cups and mugs!

The beds all looks like a mud hurling contest was organised and no one is to talk to me about the state of second bathroom.

no one worked out what the washing machine was for either , you would think in a house full of man men who love technology one of them would have known which buttons to use.

I spent my day off work with a paint stripper, bleach, abrasive cleaners and Zoflora. Thank GOD I had the sense to replace the carpets with laminate and tiling, the sofa with a washable leather one and everything else is machine washable or I think I would have cried and had a relapse.

I have just added NEVER be ill again to my list of things to do with my life.

*and after all this I am still thinking of training to work with more kids like this lot!*

I appreciate the joys of been allergic to antibiotics only too well :sick: It's far worse than the illness itself. I have had various reactions some leaving me with a mouth and throat full of septic ulcers :tearful:

However now that I do my very best to avoid em altogether I have built up my own immunity to many things, and can quite understand why they try to convince parents that it's not good to give them out like smarites. I don't escape illness altogether but I get far less coughs, colds and other run of the mill lurgies than most of them in our house :P Mind you I have not escaped the Hay Fever which is making me feel :sick::crying: at the moment :lol:

Oracle

The sound of the mess they left your place in is enough to make anybody ill!!! Poor you!! Glad you are feeling better.

I bet they get a mouthful tonight from you, especially the phone bill :oops: .

Oracle,please look up Stevens Johnson syndrome.My son had this and was ill for weeks.If you get bad reactions like you described,you do not want the full blown thing.

Elouise,my house looks like you describe on a GOOD day but I know what you mean about the apparent blindness and inability to smell on the part of all the other house occupants.(((hugs))).xx

mmm methinks the man in the family needs urgent training - i wd be livid if i had gotten up to that mess after i was ill. :o

why are some men not including mine in this so ###### useless when it comes to caring for their families - they trt out the old line women do it naturally - scuse me but we dont we do it cos we have to.

im mad can u tell? :crying::D

Oracle,please look up Stevens Johnson syndrome.My son had this and was ill for weeks.If you get bad reactions like you described,you do not want the full blown thing.

OMG CarerQuie Thanks for posting this. I think I already had the full blown thing several times during my childhood and once during the last few years. I was very seriously ill for 10 weeks the first time I had a reaction to penicillian and then I was ill for just as long with tetracycline and the sulfa antibiotics are the worst. The last time I had a bad reaction I was unable to eat anything solid for 10 weeks and was fed through a straw. I also ran a fever for 3 solid weeks. No one has ever mentioned Stevens Johnson syndrome to me. I am also worried because David has inherited ALL of my alergies and he also has a dx of Keratoconus, which menas his cornea is eroding and he may need a double cornea transplant. I am sitting here wondering at the moment if it is KC or if the allergies, which also cause KC are all inter-linked. I can't quite get my head round this at the moment but I am going to thanks very much.

Do you have any info or links I could check out please where there are people I could talk to about this?

Oracle

Edited by oracle

Elouise - I'm with CQ on this.............

my house looks like you describe on a GOOD day

But you really did give me a laugh with this. I would print off what you have written here & make sure the man in your life sees it, then drop serious hints (you know, really emphasising them like you have to with men) that you are due a night out at the very least for this!!!!

Glad you are feeling better, hope all the housework doesn't cause a relapse.

Have to be fair.

Rich holds a management post as a comp/techie troubleshooter. it takes him nearly three hours travelling time per day and he is very good at repairing Nathans DIM (did it meself) attempts at rewiring the house, removing windows with his head and repairing the cooker, washing machine, dishwasher, TV, DVD etc etc after Sam has been busy with a screwdriver and his enquiring mind.

He also stays up with Sam at night every night and has done since the little none sleeping horror was hatched out of a people pod . To be honest I would rather Rich did that so I can sleep than tried to do the house work and left Sam to me between 12am and 4am.

If Rich did not deal with Sam at night there is no way I could deal with Nathan at night *too tired by then and my ears feel like they are bleeding from his none stop echolia* and then get up to study, go to work for a few hours and field the muppets when they come home at 2pm and 3.30pm.

The sad thing is my idea of a night out is to head off for a university lecture and my all time best day would be hill walking and camping with just maybe a decent pint outside one of those tiny old CAMRA rated pubs. :lol: