Sign in to follow this  
BusyLizzie100

Got locked out

I will never, ever, ever leave my key at home again. Two children having complete meltdown on doorstep, then hitting each other because the other won't shut up... Me trying to climb over a fence... Trying to climb in a window that even Tinkerbell couldn't get through (fortunately decided to give up on that).

Luckily I have a friend up the road who was happy to take the boys and give them tea while I collected the little one and then waited for the locksmith. Locksmith couldn't pick our high security locks (nice to know we're secure) and just when I was happy to smash a window, noticed bedroom window open. Lovely neighbour had long ladder! Nice locksmith climbed up and in. First time I've ever kissed my kitchen floor.

Retrieved boys and of course they are too hyped up and can't settle to bed and - this is a killer - there's no wine in the house!!! Have ordered big fat pizza instead.

Are my stress levels high? Oh yes.

Its good to know that your house is not easy to break into!!!

Poor you - enjoy your pizza even if its without a glass of vino - pity there are no home deliveries in that department..

Hi,

Poor you >:D<<'> . What a nightmare :o .

I think pizza is a pretty best second best to wine though!

Kai once locked me out when i was taking him to school. I had to drive him to school, drive to my Dad's work to collect spare keys then drive home again (70 miles in total!). Ever since then, i have left a spare key with my neighbour.

Enjoy the pizza,

Loulou xx

So pleased you got in safe and sound :D

I went shopping on Friday, pulled up into carpark, put the steering lock on, did shop, got back into car, pulled keys out of handbag........and realised I'd brought the set without the steering lock key on :( Luckily the kids were at home with dh, and I'd chosen to go to local supermarket instead of my usual one miles away, so our ds ran down with the key ...phew.....

Its so easy to forget keys etc when we are all running around chasing our bums :D

When J was 3 he locked me out of the house whilst he was still inside!!!!!! My bin collection was out the front and I was taking bin liners to the end of the path when a huge bang came from behind me and he had slammed the door closed............ Luckily a neighbour saw me and rang J's dad, who only worked 20mins away, I had to sing songs through the letterbox to keep J calm............ needless to say I always put out rubbish with house keys in my pocket now.

Joanne xxx

Oh Lizzie :o:o:o We've all done it at some point. :rolleyes:

Hope you've recovered now! You should have asked the nice locksmith to run down to the off licence for you as well. :lol:

K xx

Ben once locked me in the garage. I was putting some washing in the dryer and he turned the key. I had to go to the front door and shout through the letterbox, giving instructions on how to open the door. Luckily he managed it, he was only 2ish. If it happened now I would be stuck cos the garage door is broken and can't be opened so I would be locked in without access to anyone. I take the key out of the lock now.

I can't count the number of times I have locked us out. I have to go to my DD's school and get the key off her. The school are getting fed up with me now. :lol: