Sign in to follow this  
loulou

dairy free ice-cream?

Hi,

I wondered if anyone knows of a dairy-free ice-cream? I am supposed to be trying Kai on an exclusion diet, but he LOVES ice cream so much :( .

I've tried him with fruit sorbet but he didn't like it.

I'll even make it if anyone knows of a dairy-free recipe!

Loulou xx

Swedish Glace do quite a variety of flavours. It's not exactly like icecream but it's passable. I would possibly choose a different flavour to the usual so the difference isn't so noticeable. Or add maple syrup as a 'treat' to disguise it.

I think there may be other brands too try local health food shop that sells vegan foods vegans also use dairy free ice-cream alternatives.KAREN

Sainsburys are now doing dairy-free ice cream in their 'Free-From' range. Saw it the other day but haven't tried it yet so don't know what it tastes like. Let us know someone!

It's ok but very solid - def. not soft -scoop...

swedish glace is better (IMO) and they now do choc ices and cornetto's too .

Ben loves them all...

Other option is buy an ice cream maker, but this is even more expensive, and you have to eat it freshly churned for best effect... nice though... I think I used my maker three time in total since I bought it, then couldn't be a***d!

L&P

BD

Oh thanks everyone,

I'll go and buy them all!

I know it won't be the same as his Raspberry Ripple, but it's worth a go. My next battle is to ask the ice-cream man not to stop RIGHT outside my house :lol: .

Loulou x

PS i'll let you all know Kai's verdict.

Oh thanks everyone,

I'll go and buy them all!

I know it won't be the same as his Raspberry Ripple, but it's worth a go. My next battle is to ask the ice-cream man not to stop RIGHT outside my house :lol: .

Loulou x

PS i'll let you all know Kai's verdict.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by SG - especially if you can find the Raspberry Ripple flavour!

BD :D

Hi,

I used to get a strawberry one from the health food shop - couldn't remember the name - but the posting mentioning Swedish Glace rang a bell - it was in a hexagon? shaped kind of tub - and was quite soft - my daughter loved it when she was little.

Take care,

Jb

Would he tolerate sorbet?

I have used this before when children/adults on dairy free diets have come to dinner at my house. Most supermarket brands make their own. I thought it was lovely.