Sign in to follow this  
lisa35

cruel kids

Fed up, feel sad for my 10 yr old, for abaout 18 months hes been obsessed with one kid at school, u know the one, cool kid, always has friends, plays footy like beckham,etc,etc

For ages this kid used to wind him up, know which buttons to press, consequently my son would retaliate and get into trouble, rather than ignore him!

last week, for some reason this child "decided " my son could be his friend! Big deal, my lad was on top of world, but tonight this child has been calling him "billy" (aka no maTES ) My lad didnt know why he was calling him this so asked,

so Joe went round asking all kids if they were his friend to prove to this other kid that he did have friends, but each he asked said no they werent,

I choked up for him, why does it have to be so awful for them! Tried to tell Joe that this kidll amount to nothing but selling mcdonalds!

Lisa x

Lisa35,

Feel so much for your little lad (and you) - unfortunately as children get older you will always get some that can be manipulative and 'use' vunerable children to their advantage for jokes and bullying etc - and the awful thing is that it is usually the kids that have it all, are good at sports, good academically, have loads of friends and are pretty/handsome - as if they have anything to feel begrudged at to hurt someone else........

Hope tomorrow brings a little bit of sunshine you to all.

Take care,

Jb

That is so sad >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I think those of us with younger kids dread this happening yet unfortunately expect it :(

Even at 6 the other kids question the things M does.

I hope things improve for your son, i really feel for him and you. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

mum22boys

Lisa >:D<<'>

Your post was so :tearful: Kids can be so cruel and we found out today our dd (5 ASD) spends the majority of her playtimes alone or trying to catch the other children who run off/away....she has muscular dystrophy aswell, so can't run too well. Feel for you right now, and sending loads >:D<<'> >:D<<'> because I don't know what else to say... :(

thank you all

Tell you what, our kids are bl oooomin fab, kind,caring, lot more so than a lot of nt kids, my son has a naivety about him, never sees the bad in people, sees beauty in everything, might be a tiny flower, or a colour he likes, maybe our children could teach others a lot about the world we live in

Lisa x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

For youre son and for you.

When my son was 5 and attending mainstream school he was spat upon,had his clothes urinated on and one child punched him in the face and bust his nose.these were 5 year olds.It broke my heart too.Because lets be honest our kids although not always perfect dont intentionally set out to be cruel and nasty.

I hope hes ok.Sometimes though it hurts us mums more than it does our kids i try to think that at times but it doesnt make it easier to bear.

Lisa - kids are so cruel ... seems to be inbuilt

Some >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> for you and your lovely son

nasty piece of work, he will get his comeuppance one day. hope yr son is ok :tearful:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> That's just typical of horrid kids - at least your son knows he's above this little runt :angry:

Sadly it brings back many images of my own childhood. My constant desire to be part of the "it crowd" - the popular, cheerleader girls whose parents had money and who didn't run around the streets in her bare feet and handme down clothes like I did - it made my early school life pretty yucky at times and I'll never forget the taunting I would get from one "little miss perfect" because of my niaivity.

But that was the child - and she's all cuddled up safe inside of me now where she won't get hurt any more.

Your son will be naturally upset and feeling rejected but he will move on and find new friends, perhaps it may be worth getting him involved in a club so he can meet genuine kids with the same interests.

This has completely incensed me and I,m gutted for your boy and fuming for you.If it was me I,d go in and see the head and tell him/her what happened.The class should be spoken to about your sons difficulties socially and how cruel and vindictive their behaviour has been.This is a perfectly good example of how well circle time could be used to demonstrate this.They should all say sorry to him for hurting his feelings, they don,t have to be shouted at or told off..............just shamed into feeling guilty .......cos they should!

Hi Lisa, so sorry to hear your sad story.

Was your son able to let you know how it made him feel? I only ask because last week at school my son and his science class were exploring outside in the playground or something and he was walking along and a girl who happened to be next to him at the time said to him 'nobody wants to be with you'! I was so heartbroken I cried all afternoon, but the funny thing was that, when I talked to him about it, he was quite matter-of-fact about it and I think it went over his head really, I discovered that I was so much more upset then he was. I relate to your heartbreak totally, but I hope that your lad is feeling as unaffected as mine seemed to be, because now it's totally forgotten. :)

Take care.

~ Mel ~