dooday24

summer holidays

Oh I don't know, at least we don't have the battle of having get up, dressed and out on time!!!

If weather is ok I will be hanging around most park benches with butty box in hand. If wet then the swimming pool will be where I will be found. Ten pin bowling seems to be a good one with my kids, I don't play but they really enjoy it, and if you go on a Sunday morning its usually cheaper.

Both children not going to any summer clubs this year, last year was a bit of a disaster as they didn't really understand what was going on, so its down to Mum and Dad being most of the entertainment this time.

Horseriding is another thing they like to do and again I can just sit and watch whilst someone else has the joy of taking them out. The older son likes golf so he can go and play at the driving range, this is quite cheap for a basket of balls and he realy enjoys it, he can do it on his own and no one bothers him.

When I can I will ringing other mums who are stuck in with ASD children driving them stur crazy and arranging long walks over the fields, picnics and generally just letting the kids run off steam.

Actually I am quite looking forward to the holidays this year, but I will let you know once they are over if I am looking forward to the next ones.

keep smiling

:D:D:D:D

HAVE A FEW IDEAS BUT ALL RELATE TO MANCHESTER BUT ONE WHICH MIGHT APPLY - DO YOU HAVE A CITY TOUR OPEN TOP BUS - WE WENT LAST YEAR AND WILL AGAIN THIS - WITH A GANG OF KIDS FROM CLASS, GREAT FUN.

I've said this before and I'm sure it makes me very unpopular :P but I absolutely love the summer holidays... all my kids are so relaxed because of no school and are consequently much less stressy. Of course they have their moments but on the whole life in my house is far more pleasant when school's out.

Lauren

I've said this before and I'm sure it makes me very unpopular :P but I absolutely love the summer holidays... all my kids are so relaxed because of no school and are consequently much less stressy. Of course they have their moments but on the whole life in my house is far more pleasant when school's out.

Lauren

This makes me very unpopular at the school gate too. I've been counting down since half term.... :D

can,t wait for the hols.........our,s will start with the burning of ds,s sons school uniform :D .Get the paddling pool out........go to the pics..........museums are good as they are free...........I CAN,T WAIT!!!!!!!!!..............HOLIDAYS YES!

It's weird, 'cos I home educated for two years and it was great but now he's back at school I'm dreading the holidays! What's that about?! :huh:

~ Mel ~

ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS OF WAT TO DO OVER THE SUMMER HOLIDAYS

have just started a thread in off topic for ideas for summer hols come and look and share your ideas

:wub:>:D<<'>

I'm sure that 9 out of 10 parents see school primarily as a state run childminder service for 36 weeks of the year. My investigations over the years have uncovered that most parents don't really care about what their kids do and don't learn at school.

:blink: ............well I,m the total opposite and must be the 1 in 10 then, cos it,s become my lifes mission to keep track of what my son learns and is able to achieve at school.School for me is a pain in the b*ck- side a lot of the time with regards to my son and I don,t view it as a childminding service.................put it this way if it was it would have gone out of business years ago..............

Lauren

My home's the same too and kurtis's holidays have already started as he's got scarlet fever :blink:

I also don't view school as a childminding service and am only too keen to see what they are learning and what progress they are making.

I like the lack of rush in the holidays but my youngest is lost without the school structure.He wants structure and my others want to chill.This is what I find can cause problems at times.xx

Edited by CarerQuie

same for us.

G wants structure and needs us to plan his weeks.

the other 2 just want to chill and go with the flow.

that was the main cause of tears and tantrums last summer.

still looking forward to them though :P

nope, mine dont do trips too well im afraid. best to stay at home in my opinion.

My asd son is having a total ball on his summer hols. He is going to a playscheme ran by a local autistic group in my home time. He gets picked up and dropped off everyday and it gets taken to lots of different places. He has also been swimming - big acheivement as he used to be terrified. He gets the 1-2-1 attention and the girl looking after him said this week that it has been a pleasure looking after him..........

Forbsay

We've got Fridays fully booked as was swimming and fun club on then at local sports centre, but as for the rest arrgggghhh no idea.

:crying:

I'm gonna book my normal 6wk holiday in the local mental hospital. Free padded room, meds (who needs alcohol??), food and hunky men to waiter on my every need (I hope! :whistle: ), what else could a woman ask for eh!

Seriously, I have 2 day trips organised but other than that, I'll be tearing my hair out. If T continues the way he has behaved these passed few days then he'll be staying for a 6wk holiday in the local children's home! :angry:

He breaks up on Thursday so 4 more days of tranquility and heaven but after that...who knows! :wallbash::ph34r:

Edited by Tylers-mum

Well we've already had 2 weeks of holidays up here in sunny scotland -is it really 2 weeks omg- anyway S (ASD age 7 next month) was supposed to be going to a summer club its run by the folk who do a friday play club he started to go to just a few weeks before school broke up. anyway it was supposed to be mon,tues morning for 2hrs and a trip on thursdays(I was to go on trip with him as they weren't sure how they'd cope wonder what they would've done had I said no mmh? we missed the one trip we could make anyway) for first 4 weeks of hols so far we've made it once on the first monday he says he's not going tomorrow or tuesday but I kinda want him there so I can get on with organising for our trip away...we just like chilling too both of us..and we both find it hard to get up. We leave on tuesday afternoon for out trip to Legoland Windsor..we're making a few stops on the way with relly's and wont actually be going into legoland til next saturday weve got 3 day pass and 4 nights at hotel. I'm not sure how it'll go it's all a bit daunting for me and thats just the packing ;) My mum's coming with me and S so that might help or sometimes it hinders depends on both our moods lol. S is very excited he's wanted to go for a couple of years now. They have a system there where we can get a special stamp and get on rides without cueing I just need to show them his DLA letter though they say next time it'll have to be actual diagnosis letter, it's at the gp's and I don't have time to get a copy before we go.

After we come back S is going to a football trial sessions thing for 1hr a day for a whole week, I've jsut been told he can have a supporter to help him at this through the social work dept (2 yrs after asking we got an assessment woot) so it's a weight off my mind as though he loves talking about football and having footballs (just bought a replica world cup one today that makes 4 !!) he always picks up the ball with his hands and starts telling everyone what to do/not to do and I can't see that going down very well...at least it's an afternoon thing 3-4pm and he'll be in a better frame of mind to actually go (at least on the first day).

Then the day after footie ends its his birthday which I've not planned anything for yet prolly just family stuff, cake, pressies, trip to rambo's maybe a local play gym thing for 5-10 yr olds he likes that.

So far we've done nowt really except that first monday play club, a afternoon at the park, my nieces birthday barbecue and today we were going to see pirates movie but ended up seeing superman returns :( I was still trying to persuade him to stick with pirates when it was our turn to pay so I reluctantly gave in, the very nice and friendly ticket operator jokingly said he'd given us pirates tickets and S almost threw a wobbly til I quickly showed him the tickets, he (ticket guy) weren't to know and was being funny and quite cute :)(Anyway Orlando I'll see u one day honest!) I did cheer up when I saw James Marsden (cyclops from xmen and ally mcbeal fame) was in it ...something nice to look at anyway:) S loved it though he got a bit squirmy as it was a bit slower than the films he's used to and he spilt half the popcorn :lol:

omg I do go on anyway have a great holiday time wether your chillin or trippin off somewhere

I'll miss the internet whilst away for this board and my current online gaming addiction (Runescape) last years holiday broke the last online game addiction (toontown(for kids- it was for S to play honest but he didn't want to just liked watching me)) i had so hopefully this one will (can't see it myself)

:D looking forward to catching up on all the news from you guys after though

take care

Lorraine

Edited by bramblebrae