mrs phasmid

recipes

doesn't seem to work - it usually does but these links aren't coming up

sorry

Z

fiddled with them double checked and now seem to work, although some of them are not now direct, don't know why they didn't work they did in preview

:wub:>:D<<'>

Dear Mrs. P.

I'm so sorry you are both in so much pain, especially as you are supposed to be enjoying a child free lovely week. I do hope you get some respite from your discomfort.

Could you please help me with GF bread in my panasonic breadmaker. The recipe on the side of the gluten free flour pack says to use the normal setting, which I read as Basic. However, my bread does not rise. It is edible, but very dense - about half the height of my normal bread. Are you able to tell me what I am doing wrong?

Best wishes,

Yoyo

what a coincidence, I'm just making some sun-dried tomato and parmesan bread in mine to go with homemade ham and pea soup for our tea tonight when phas called this out to me!GF bread in my breadmaker (a goodmans cuisine) actually has a GF/yeast free option on it. however i have found my gf bread also comes out much denser than normal bread does and is only about half the size you get from the same amount of ingredients for normal bread. you could try using a little more water as the heat etc can effect the rising process of GF bread. however i have to say i have never used a packet mix - i always use the recipes above.

ENJOY

:wub:>:D<<'>

Dear Mrs. P,

Thank you for your reply. I will try what you suggest. I hope you both thoroughly enjoy your yummy sounding bread and soup tonight.

Yoyo

i just had a good search for this,gonna try a healthy ricepe tomorrow,got to choose one yet :unsure:

i just had a good search for this,gonna try a healthy ricepe tomorrow,got to choose one yet :unsure:

I see a best seller for 2008!

THE HEV AND MUMBLE COOKBOOK

dont know yet im still deciding,i havent got any of the ingredients in my cupboard,got to do a shop tomorrow now :unsure:

I see a best seller for 2008!

THE HEV AND MUMBLE COOKBOOK

where is mumble?havent seen any of her posts lately?

Dont think shes been on for a couple of days.

MMm I love talking about food.

What about a stir fry?

Or a lovely soup as its gone cold again? Ive got a really easy recipe for pea & ham.

Hmmm, pea and ham......post the recipe Pearl :thumbs: I can make Lentil Soup and Potato and Leek, but never tried to make Pea & Ham :D

Let us know how you get on Hev....there are lots of recipe sites online....WW do lots on their website :thumbs:

I'm saying nuffink....... :ph34r:

But I thought you WERE at WW? :unsure:

But until now, the rest of the world didn't know!

Mumble posted yesterday, in the 'Do you use AS as an excuse' thread.

Hmmm, pea and ham......post the recipe Pearl :thumbs: I can make Lentil Soup and Potato and Leek, but never tried to make Pea & Ham :D

Let us know how you get on Hev....there are lots of recipe sites online....WW do lots on their website :thumbs:

Dead easy Bagpuss - take one cup green/yellow split peas, chopped up ham offcuts, fry a chopped up onion, put it all together with stock, (oxo will do) cook for ages (sorry dont do times/quantities) serve with crusty bread. We live on it in the winter.

Dead easy Bagpuss - take one cup green/yellow split peas, chopped up ham offcuts, fry a chopped up onion, put it all together with stock, (oxo will do) cook for ages (sorry dont do times/quantities) serve with crusty bread. We live on it in the winter.

where do you get the yellow split peas from?

I'm saying nuffink....... :ph34r:

But I thought you WERE at WW? :unsure:

i was but when steve got expelled it was hard to go back :crying:

im thinking of joining slimming world friday,just thinking mind :whistle::whistle:

Guest Lya of the Nox

from the supermarket hev :whistle:

i have tons of recipie book, i seem to collect them so shout if u want a recipie

x

where do you get the yellow split peas from?

Tesco. They dont seem to sell the green ones at the mo so I tried yellow instead, just as nice.

i was but when steve got expelled it was hard to go back :crying:

im thinking of joining slimming world friday,just thinking mind :whistle::whistle:

Oh Hev, if I lived nearer I'd come with you :thumbs: I weighed myself this morning (jeans were feeling a tad tight :rolleyes: ) and I've put on 13lbs since stopping WW in December :whistle: Good luck with Slimming World >:D<<'>

Hmmm, that's sound lovely and so simple Pearl, thanks >:D<<'> I love home made soup, but my blender can be abit tempremental, and I have to take pot luck as to weather it will blend or not.....and then it will cut out again......but if that one doesn't need blending, it'll be great for us :thumbs: What flavour oxo do you use?

I'm making some Spag Bol today, with some garlic bread (thanks to the recipe from Tobejoemum :D ) although I've bought ciabatta bread this time, instead of a french stick...crikey, I'm starving now, with all this talk of food :ph34r:

What do you put in your lentil? I usually throw in whatever I've got plus a bit of a spice mixture I've got called ras-el-hanout to give it a bit of a kick. Could I have your potato & leek please?

Potato and Leek Soup

3 large potatoes

2 leeks

1 onion

3/4 veggie oxo's

Chop and fry onion and leeks in some spray oil. Add veggie stock (approx 1 1/2 pts). Chop potatoes into small pieces and bring to the boil and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Blend, to the consistency you like. Add salt and pepper to your own taste. Stir in cream or milk to your own taste before serving.

Carrot and Lentil Soup

1 onion

7/8 carrots

1/2 mug of red split lentils

3/4 veggie oxo's

Chop and fry onion. Add veggie stock (approx 1 1/2 pts) and lentils. Chop and add carrots and boil until carrots are cooked. Blend to consistency you like. Add salt and pepper to your own taste. Stir in cream or milk to your own taste before serving.

Edited by Bagpuss

You could try ugali (basically maize flour and water cooked into a stodgy mixture - normally served with some sort of fried greens). I lost a lot of weight eating that whilst in Kenya. School lunch was a interesting dish too. Maize, beans and potatoes all just boiled in a pot together. Wednesdays made a nice change. I then got some rice and a few small pieces of meat. It was certainly healthy living but I found everything a bit bland for my taste.

Carrot and Lentil Soup

1 onion

7/8 carrots

1/2 mug of red split lentils

3/4 veggie oxo's

Chop and fry onion. Add veggie stock (approx 1 1/2 pts). Chop and add carrots and boil until carrots are cooked. Blend to consistency you like. Add salt and pepper to your own taste. Stir in cream or milk to your own taste before serving.

Erm, Baggy, I'm probably being stupid (not being good at the cooking lark and all) but I like carrot soup (but not carrots :wacko: ) thought this could be my weekend cooking 'adventure', but what do you do with the lentils?????? :unsure::unsure::unsure: And can I do it without a blendererthingy?

Dont think shes online at the mo Mumble, but when I make it I put the lentils in after the frying stage, stir a bit to coat in the oil then add the stock. You could cut the carrots up small & use a potato masher to get it a bit soupier, but the lentils go mushy all on their own.

Thanks Pearl. One last question - is that just those dried lentils - you don't have to soak them or anything? I thought cooking was far more complicated?! :unsure::lol:

Yep the little orange ones, they are so little they dont need soaking or anything.

I dont do complicated!

I have a nice hotpot recipe too if you arent veggie.

So glad Hev resurrected this thread, it was started ages ago.

Erm, Baggy, I'm probably being stupid (not being good at the cooking lark and all) but I like carrot soup (but not carrots :wacko: ) thought this could be my weekend cooking 'adventure', but what do you do with the lentils?????? :unsure::unsure::unsure: And can I do it without a blendererthingy?

Sorry Mumble, it's me, not you, forgot about the lentils in the Lentil Soup (did I tell you about the time I made Chilli Con Carnie...we all sat down to eat, and ds asked where the kidney beans were :lol::oops: ) Will have to go back and edit.

I put my lentils in when I put the stock in, and no, they don't need soaking. I'm sure you could do it without blending, if you can cube the carrots very small, some supermarkets sell them ready cubed, although the ones I've seen have swede too, and I tend to use them for broths and stews.

Good luck!

I put my lentils in when I put the stock in, and no, they don't need soaking. I'm sure you could do it without blending, if you can cube the carrots very small, some supermarkets sell them ready cubed, although the ones I've seen have swede too, and I tend to use them for broths and stews.

Good luck!

Strain and mash, dear......

No - not a recipe suggestion: I slipped onto the crossbar of my bike earlier! ;):whistle:

Yep the little orange ones, they are so little they dont need soaking or anything.

I dont do complicated!

Ah, those. What do they taste like? I've only used them to stuff my large collection of beanbag frogs . . . :rolleyes: That might explain why one when a bit 'funny' when I tried to wash him :oops:

Strain and mash, dear......

No - not a recipe suggestion: I slipped onto the crossbar of my bike earlier! ;):whistle:

:lol::lol: Oh dear! I am glad there are people around in as strange a mood as me tonight :wacko::hypno:

Ah, those. What do they taste like? I've only used them to stuff my large collection of beanbag frogs . . . :rolleyes: That might explain why one when a bit 'funny' when I tried to wash him :oops:

V bland, they tend to absorb the flavour of whatever else is in the soup. Its a wonder your frog didnt explode, they swell when wet!

yeah i want a recipe for hotpot,thanks pearl :thumbs::thumbs:

Ok, as BD says its not up to Betty Turpins standard & its not proper Lancashire hotpot even though I live in Lancs. But its easy which is all Im bothered about.

1 pack good quality beef/lamb mince

1 large onion

A few carrots

A few spuds

sachet bouquet garni, or a bay leaf

brown mince in your largest saucepan. If you keep an eye on it you shouldnt need oil.

add chopped onion, carrots & spuds & carry on cooking a few mins

Cover with stock (I usually put a big spoonful of marmite in but anything will do)

Add bouquet garni/bay leaf.

Simmer away for ages, minimum 1 hour but the longer the better.

Add more water if it looks like it needs it.

You can bash it about a bit with a spud masher to get it more soupy.

Remove bouquet garni/bayleaf.

I serve it up with red cabbage or pickled onions.

If you can be *rsed (I never can) you can transfer it to a casserole & add a pastry lid, stick it in the oven for a bit.

Edited by pearl