Sign in to follow this  
bid

The Great Herne Bay Excursion...

Hey dudes!! :clap::clap:

Less than a month until The Great Herne Bay Excursion on Aug 2nd! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Currently, the plan is to meet at the bandstand on the front at around midday.

Boho :dance:

:( yeah well I :crying: can,t go :crying: .............cos were in Devon on our hols :tearful: ...........do you think they notice if I snuck off to meet you guys :whistle: ..............hope you have a brill time ..........will you post up a group picture??.............please :pray:

Guest flutter

i may have to have surgery this summer :crying::crying::crying:

but if i do i am hopin not to have it then so i can be there, with grumpy dd in tow lmvfao

fitting in with best mate chemo and stuffs

C x

:jester:

Herne Bay is currently appearing in repeats of 'Little Britain' nationwide...

"But i am a Laydeee, i do laydeeez things".

Sorry - no pictures, Suze. 'Hello' has exclusive rights... Boho has to appear eating a bar of chocolate as per Anthea Turner (she suffers for her art), Annie has to appear sober (chance'd be a fine thing!) and i have to stay out of shot as I'm wanted by Interpol for theft of copyright material (I thought i was safe with my 1937 Beano Book Of Bad Jokes, but apparently the rights were bought up by Michael Jackson, and nuffing gets past his lawyers)...

Flutter - hope you CAN make it: If memory serves correctly it was your idea in the first place (well, it came out of a post of yours about Whitstabubble anyway!)

L&P yall

BD :D

No Min, it's in Kent. Nemo I live in New Romney and I think I am closer to France than Herne bay is, I can see France on a clear day at the beach. Mind you I have never been to Herne Bay so shouldn't really comment. :ph34r:

My mistake, but you know me - I'm always wrong :rolleyes: . For some reason I thought it was on the south coast (somewhere near new romney).

Having said that, from up here (W. Yorks.) the whole of Kent is nearly in France (c.f. 'cinque ports'!) :P

Guest hallyscomet

QUOTE: Minerva "Where is Herne Bay?"

nearly in France :)

(bottom right-hand corner of England)

Can you push it a bit further south :rolleyes:B) save a seat for me :)

HC

Edited by hallyscomet

Guest hallyscomet
Not sure that's such a good idea. We have been warned. :P

Aw thats cute Littlenemo, no wonder they call it the land down under :lol::lol::lol: thank God for gravity we would be falling off into space :lol::P

:notworthy:

H.

I think you should definitely come here Hailey. Yesterday one of our newspapers published a spectacular photo of Sydney Harbour bridge under thick fog, saying it was the coldest July for 23 years - is that right?

K x

Guest hallyscomet

Yes Kathryn but I love the cold.....

Only wish I was skiing down at the alps. They must be having the best snow season.

The days have been lovely and warm though, the last couple of days are around 19-20 they are predicting 23 on Tuesday nights are fffreezing, yeah you can laugh, I know nothing about freezing, to me freezing is below 12 C :devil::lol::lol:

Beats those horrible hot summer days we had around 43C give me cold weather anyday over those. :notworthy::o

:)

H.

Can't wait to meet you and your mum, Hev! :D:clap:

And just to tempt any of you waverers...it looks as though all the Mods will be there...how can you resist!! :o:ph34r::lol:

are we meant to be scared :crying: or excited :dance::dance: bout mods all being there,

lol :whistle:

Be Afraid.

Be Very Afraid.

:ph34r::ph34r::devil:

K x

ive got my autograph book at the ready,practicising my curtseys and bringing my red carpet,thats all just for baddad :P

If all the Mods are going to be there, shouldn't you be meeting up on Brighton Pier? :lol:

I was going to ask if the Mods will be on their Vespas and will they beat me up cos I'm a rocker? :fight::devil:

Hopefully, there will be a 'Smiley' and 'Little Monkey' coming to play :pray::pray::thumbs: ........

ALL the mods going...??? :o:huh: (where's the scared smilie??)

Uh-Oh, does that mean i have to be on my bestest, best behaviour??? :devil:

Guest flutter

not sure if there is a head count as such at the mo

i be there :)

all mods, i think sallya, viper? hev

?

I've done some searching and although the cost of travelling is good, time wise it isn't. :( It'll take us 6 and a half hours travelling one way and we set off at 6am but don't arrive til 12.30pm and then we have to set off again at 5.45pm the latest the coach travels back here in order to travel the 7 and a half hrs home again which gets us in at 12.15am in the morning. :(

The travelling alone would kill me nevermind set T into meltdown, boredom and frustration mode which then turns Mum here into a nervous wreck! LOL

Sorry guys. If it were nearer, I'd be well up for it. Maybe Oakwood next time?? LOL

Edited by Tylers-mum

Sorry to miss you, Tyler's Mum...but I think travelling for that long would be above and beyond the call of duty! :o>:D<<'>

Fingers, toes, elbow :wacko: crossed that we will be there.. :pray:

Just wanted to ask - if it's baking hot is there any shade?? Me n 'ickle monkey are both very fair and burn to a crisp very quickly. I have skin cancer on my leg :( which i'm waiting to get removed - so i'm a bit jumpy about sunshine..............

Guest flutter

think there is some shade in the bandstand bit, but got brain strain so cant visualise, who am i kidding i cnat do it anyhows lol

Fingers, toes, elbow :wacko: crossed that we will be there.. :pray:

Just wanted to ask - if it's baking hot is there any shade?? Me n 'ickle monkey are both very fair and burn to a crisp very quickly. I have skin cancer on my leg :( which i'm waiting to get removed - so i'm a bit jumpy about sunshine..............

There isn't much in the way of shade on the beach front (just a few arcades n stuff), but there is a small park on the front where you can grab some, and the bandstand etc...

slip slap and slop, though, definitely...

L&P

BD :D

I wouldn't worry about shade. In the great British tradition, I'm sure we'll be seeking shelter from the lashing rain and gale force winds.

WHERE'S THE NEAREST PUB???

:wacko::rolleyes:

K x

Margate!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:o

Note to self - remember hip flask. :P

Yes hev, the 2nd - write it in your diary; engrave it on your brain. :)

K x

im actually very excited,see you all there,you will see me coming as i will be screaming at steve and katie will be having a tantrum :lol:

I gonna miss such a great day out, who is in charge of taking photos pls would someone post them on here for us to take a peek at!!!!!

Hope you all have a great time meeting up!!!