Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

He's so vulnerable

I forget how vulnerable AS kids can be. :(

Example: The twin's school had a little fair a couple of mornings ago to help raise money for the building fund. Parents were welcome and the kids were all encouraged to bring a small amount of money to spend - stress small here.

Anyhow, my kids all get a generous pocket money allowance because hubbs believes that everyone should benefit from Martin's DLA because we all have to put up with him :lol:

His twin took a small amount of money, Martin did not - he actually took ?11.50! (which I wasn't aware of until my dad - who went to the fair - later informed me) - Martin then generously shared out his money with his so-called "friends" - to one child he gave ?5! :o

My dad informed me of this when I got home from work and I quizzed Martin about it. He replied that it was his money to give away to whoever he liked! I explained that was not the case and these kids were just using him - although the odd 50p wasn't a problem, ?5 was a helluva lot of money, and he must explain to the child that it was a loan only as it came out of his pocket money.

Problem is - this is primary school - what's going to happen in high school - it'll be his dinner money, his bus fare or even protection money! Very worrying indeed :(

:(:(

Oh heck.

Weve the opposite problem now our son is 12 although he was like youre child when he was younger and would happily swap pound coines for 2 pence coines and not blink an eye his Nt sister took great pleasure in this saying ill give yu tow coines for youre one but shed give him two 2pence ones.

As hes got older hes learnt to some extent the value of money and now to be blunt hes as tight as a nats ######.So maybe its best not to worry things may change my son wont break into his cash for life or money and knows how much hes got down to the last penny.Gone are the days of conning the ######.

>:D<<'> ...........oh the worry never stops does it :( ...........I,d have a word with this child and maybe the parent see if you can get his money back.Fancy taking it from him :o ...........if the other kids find out they,ll be pestering him all the time.

I'ld also be having a word with the school, maybe they can do him a social story and class room chat about poeple giving things to others, it's ok sharing etc but your child is vunerable and as he gets older it could be older kids.

Bless him though it is sweet him doing it my son does this kind of thing too only he wont share with his sister.

Hi yes AS kids are very vunerable, but you all so get this type of behaviour with kids that are not AS, other children are quick to find a vunerable child and will find ways of abusing the trust. My foster daughter would also give away anything to enable her to find a friend. My own daughter is kind and will share with everyone sometimes she really loses out. I was a bit fed up at Easter when my daughters friend came round and she told my daughter that she had had 12 easter eggs and had eaten them by Easter Sunday, She then asked to share T's who only received three eggs. I didn't want T not to share but also felt that this girl had had enough.

I think you are aware of you son's behaviour and trying to change it. Maybe self esteem work might help him and talking about buying friendships with people who are not worth it. Maybe some of his spends could be put away for a rainy day, savings or holidays etc.

all the best

S*

Guest hallyscomet

Oh Daisy :lol::lol:

My son all over, he had a friend he made on the internet and it was this kids birthday, I promised him some pocket money for some chores and he kept asking me can I have that $20. now, and as soon as I gave it to him he was off out the front door like a rocket saying he was sending this money in a envelope no card just a envelope to somewhere in Netherlands, I half chased him out the door demanding him to come back, the way he said it, it was like some person he hadnt even met, but, it turned out he was a friend he used to go to school with and he always bought my son a nice gift so he felt he wanted to return the favour.

Wasnt until he came back he told me the story, but as I said to him people dont expect to receive money.

I was trying to explain you need to hide the money in a card and he insisted he was just putting it in an envelope, apparently it got there though. :lol::o

H.

Hi,

It is really worrying isn't it? Hopefully it will get better as he gets older. Kai (nearly 8) is always giving things away to my neighbour's boy (who is very sneaky and plays on it). It always ends in tears when i have to ask for the stuff back.

I don't know if this is just a normal 8 year old thing, but Kai has NO concept of the value of money. He thinks he can sell a small toy for ?99 on e-bay and people will actually pay that much :lol: .

Bless them,

Loulou x