PinkSapphireAngel

NO STATEMENT FOR LUKE

No letter arrived so Pete phoned and was told he has been TURNED DOWN.

I have been into town to try to confront them (they would/could not see me but told me on the phone (this is the same cow who we dealt with at tribunal btw)

that after looking at the reports (Obviously NOT actually reading them) that he IS making enough progress that a school COULD meet his needs without a statement!!

So we have to go through tribunal all over again and I will be home schooling Luke in September.

Sorry not around much I am devastated :crying:

Edited by PinkSapphireAngel

Oh my god, PSA I'm a so sorry and so very angry and disappointed for you.

I can only imagine how you must be feeling. This morning I've been getting angry about our LEA turning my Luke down for assessment... but I can't begin to imagine how devastated and frustrated you must be feeling after all your efforts at tribunal, winning the right to assessment, going through all of that then being turned down at the end.

Your LEA have behaved appalling as I know they've not once contacted you during the process... I really am sorry PSA. You know what to do... but I'm sure you're going to need some time to come to terms with this before you start the next tribunal process (remember though, the earlier you get your forms in the earlier the tribunal date will be).

:angry:

Lauren >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

xx

PS I have been trying to pm you. Is your inbox full?

Me too! Obviously everyone went for the pm button after reading this thread.

It's an absolute disgrace, I can hardly exress myself strongly enough PSA... we're all here for you >:D<<'>

Lauren

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Get advice from IPSEA, but be particularly careful how you deal with the home schooling. Would be best if you could get Luke signed off sick and keep him on a school register somewhere, but do speak to IPSEA about how best to go about this as well. I think I read somewhere that if you deregister the child they don't have to hear the appeal, but am probably wrong.

PSA,

I'm so so sorry to hear this.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :(:(

I've been through the experience of battling for an assessment only to be turned down for a statement at the end - it's a horrible, devastating feeling. :tearful:

Give yourselves a day or two to recover, wait to see what the official LEA excuse is, and then you can start to plan your next step. We're all here to help. >:D<<'>

K xx

Thank you all so much, yes my messenger thing was full (it is not now)

We should get their nonsense letter tomorrow,

PP are meant to be talking to the LEA too find out what is going on.

I have had Luke off school with me today so it has been extra hard to take this all in, but I really can't believe it still.

OH PSA - how devastating - but take a few days, brush yourself off and start all over again.

This system is just so cruel and it is a ...king scandal that we have to endure this but - keep on keeping on.

Love

HelenL

PSA

I feel so gutted for you, I'm sitting here almost in tears. This is so unfair and wrong. How on earth can they justify this? Something needs to be done in this country to stop this, we have enough to cope with, without all this hassle and heartache.

Lisa

PSA,

So sorry they've done this.....

Last year I had the fight to get the assessment for my son......3 weeks away from the tribunal date, the LEA agreed to assess him, he got a statement at the end of it, but if he hadn't; I was already to carry on until he did get one.....if you call IPSEA, ask for a rep to present your case at tribunal; they're fantastic, and take over for you, really helpful if you are feeling a bit battle weary...

s

xxx

PSA,I'm so gutted for you.Your LEA are absolute c**p.I cannot believe that they have turned you down.Wait for the reasons and then go and contact IPSEA.

So sorry that they are putting you through this again.xx

pink sapphire take a deep breath and do not take it personally (I know this is very difficult).

Now would be a good idea to write to the LEA Data protection officer and ask for a copy of all the documents including emails that the LEA have on your child. This normally reveals useful bits of information.

Do you have the up to date reports from the school and Educational Psy if not ask for copies of these as these can also be helpful.

When you have got a copy of the letter go for tribunal again. It costs the LEA ?16,000 to go to tribuanl so going twice is bound to upset them and will work in your favour.

It would also be a good idea to write to the Ombudsman. I know its a quicker result off him and could sway your case.

Jen

I think you have to exhaust all other appeal routes first, so it's probably best to go down the SENDIST route so that you don't miss their deadlines. The Ombudsman can only look into the way the assessment and statementing process was conducted, not the actual decision, as far as I know.

K x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> did'nt want to read and run We asked for a assessment on lewis who's got aspergers and was refused blank so we went to a lawyer that deals with just LEA's he sent them a letter they still refused so it went to tribunal BUT it did'nt !!!! they backed down and assessed him then got a statement alot of time appointments and tears in the process but so glad i stuck with it

The lawyer is based in london but also spends time up in lancs also does phone appointments if you'd like the number just shout he was brilliant and i'd just won a case for a lady for her son to go into school where they sleep over

PinkSapphireAngel, more of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> . I hope you get the letter soon so you can decide what to do next. I still can't believe what they have done. I hope you get the help you and Luke need. Thinking of you :pray:, take care.

PSA - what can I say ... :( I'd like to come and :fight: your LEA bods ... they are so unfeeling ...

Lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> and we'll all be here to support you in the next battle

Well the dreaded letter has come and I have read their note in lieu :sick:

They have basically taken bits out of the OT report and twisted them and contradicted themselves (example = one minute his hand/eye coordination is a strength, the next they are saying one of his SEN is hand eye coordination with handwriting and using scissors ???)

They have COMPLETELY ignored all our parental representations, I mean COMPLETELY they are in the appendices but they are not mentioned ANYWHERE in the note in lieu (considering they NEVER even asked us for them)

They have ignored the fact the EPs report states the school have themselves that Luke has made LITTLE OR NO PROGRESS FOR 4 YEARS and that this year especially he has struggled even in MATHS which the note in lieu says he has "sound skills in"

PP got back to me and have spoken to the LEA officer involoved who has talked nonsense and now I have pointed a few truths out to PP and told them to read the decision of the last tribunal where they make it clear Luke has not made progress at school action plus in all those years and that not having a statement means his needs cannot be met in secondary school and I told PP I am ready to go back to SENDIST with this.

They are going to look into Lukes file and see what case they present to the LEA officer but I know I can file my appeal with SENDIST in the meantime as well so I will as I doubt talking to this LEA officer will make any difference.

Also have emailed my MP to update him on everything as he has always been involved even if just writing some letters on my behalf.

I am also still trying to get onto IPSEA.

Edited by PinkSapphireAngel

Hope they relook and give him a statement >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

The worst thing is about the LEA do they not think that we have enough to do with-out having to fight for the basic's in education

PSH

Whilst you're waiting for SENDIST you could also try mediation, it's a lot quick than the tribunal and might help you get something moving quicker than the 6 months we're having to wait for our tribunal hearing. You can still progress with SENDIST and you don't have to agree to anything you don't want to.

Hi PSA,

It sounds as though you already have some good arguments for your case statement. It's good that the MP is involved - I hope you get somewhere without having to go to tribunal.

If you don't get through to IPSEA, try the NAS education advocacy line. I got very sound advice from them in preparing my case.

Stay strong!

K x

Hi PSA,

It sounds as though you already have some good arguments for your case statement. It's good that the MP is involved - I hope you get somewhere without having to go to tribunal.

If you don't get through to IPSEA, try the NAS education advocacy line. I got very sound advice from them in preparing my case.

Stay strong!

K x

Thanks hun,

I have emailed NAS for advice on the legalities of home schooling while appealing to SENDIST as I am worried him not being in school will affect it in LEAs favour in some way.

I am going to copy the note in lieu and reports today ready to send off to SENDIST as they say they need all of it as well as the LEA letter saying we can appeal.

I am still so gutted we are having to do this all over again and poor Luke STILL has nowhere to go in September for secondary school and I feel awful about that, like I am letting him down.