PinkSapphireAngel

NO STATEMENT FOR LUKE

When we appealed I was told that we could ask for the tribunal date to be brought forward in view of the urgency of the situation. You may feel you need all that time to prepare, but it might be worth ringing Sendist and asking if an earlier date would be possible? They can only say no!

K x

When we appealed I was told that we could ask for the tribunal date to be brought forward in view of the urgency of the situation. You may feel you need all that time to prepare, but it might be worth ringing Sendist and asking if an earlier date would be possible? They can only say no!

K x

I have just had an email back from the tribunal,

they say in order to bring the hearing forward I need to fill in a special form, liaise with the LEA and get them to also agree a date and get them to sign the form and then return it to the tribunal who will set up a panel and venue for that date.

So basically there is no way the LEA will agree to it as they want to drag things out as long as possible as it is.

I will wait for the form to arrive and go from there.

I am surprised that its you that has to do the chasing regarding the date. It may be worth if you are getting the run around from the lea later to get back in touch with the tribunal and make them aware of your problems. Kepp records of your contact with lea regarding this.

If they do try it on make the tribunal aware and a bit of pressure from them should help.

I am surprised that its you that has to do the chasing regarding the date. It may be worth if you are getting the run around from the lea later to get back in touch with the tribunal and make them aware of your problems. Kepp records of your contact with lea regarding this.

If they do try it on make the tribunal aware and a bit of pressure from them should help.

Definately will do, I will make sure the tribunal know everything.

Its handy as we have the same tribunal clerk this time as we had in March when we took the LEA there for refusal to assess.

Im really sorry for you and Luke.I know its hard but you cant give up we had two yrs of fighting two tribunals to get the assessment done which resulted in a statment being given on her last day at primary.The system is wrong.

Im really sorry for you and Luke.I know its hard but you cant give up we had two yrs of fighting two tribunals to get the assessment done which resulted in a statment being given on her last day at primary.The system is wrong.

It is unbelievably wrong !

This will be our second tribunal (and both in same year)

they say in order to bring the hearing forward I need to fill in a special form, liaise with the LEA and get them to also agree a date and get them to sign the form and then return it to the tribunal who will set up a panel and venue for that date.

So basically there is no way the LEA will agree to it as they want to drag things out as long as possible

What a stupid system!! What LEA are going to agree, if they were that obliging you wouldn't be taking them to tribunal in the first place! How ridiculous!!!!!!

Lisa

It does seem strange that the onus is on you to try and rearrange the date, PSA. Still, if you ask nicely, on the grounds that you want to end the educational limbo your son is in, and the LEA refuse for no particularly good reason, it will only provide further evidence of their lack of cooperation.

K x

My dh phoned the ;ady at LEA today and said we need to bring the tribunal date forward because Luke does not have an appropriate school for september, she said "A statement will not guarentee an appropriate school for Luke anyway"

When asked about bring the hearing date forward she said we cannot because the case statementes need to reach SENDIST by October 6th :blink:

So I have now emailed her a scan of the letter we got from SENDIST saying whatever date we are able (IF weare able) agree with the LEA has to allow the case statements and evidence to reach SENDIST 3 weeks before!

Well after a lot of emails to and fro to the LEA I even had to scan and send the letter and form from SENDIST to get them to understand what SENDIST are saying.

LEA are now saying they could manage the week begining October 9th so I am pushing for that date and will be filling in the form and faxing it to the LEA to sign and then faxing it to SENDIST (I checked with them and fax is ok with SENDIST)

October 9th still a long way off but a damn sight nearer than November 27th +

A good day's work, PSA - October is a big improvement over November!. Pity parents don't get paid for all the admin and phone calls and endless running around this process entails.

K x

Thanks hun.

Had a letter today with a copy the so called head of education wrote to my MP about Luke not having a secondary school place.

He has the nerve to say I am only trying to get him statemented so I can get him into my first choice school and that his needs are not complex or severe enough to warrant it (NOT what SENDIST say thouigh is it???)

Hi PSA haven't been about for a few days. Been catching up with whats been going on with you and the LEA :wacko: Are they actually officially saying that Lukes needs are not complex enough to warrant a statement :wallbash: Is this the reason they have given for not issuing a statement. Unbelievable :angry: I think they are skating on very thin ice here. I wonder how many members enquiries the LEA have undergone recently :devil: Lets hope they back down this time instead of making themselves look even more foolish and incompetent

Hi hun!!

This was a reply from the head of education at the LEA to a letter my MP wrote to him about my concerns about my son not having a school place able to meet his needs for september (I had emailed to update the MP as I have been doing regularly for a few years now)

It is a horrible letter from the so called head of education at the LEA and its clear this is going to be their stance at tribunal which of course IS unbe;ievably stupid as it was the tribunal who in March said they felt his needs WERE complex and WERE NOT being met and COULD NOT be met by a mainstream school from their own resources and so would need a statement.

For the LEA to then try and say I am only doing this as a means to getting my son into a particular school is biggest load of insulting nonsense as we are now not even looking at the school we put as first choice as after being told by the EP (th LEAs OWN EP btw) that he has made little or no progress over the last 4 YEARS we feel he needs a special school.

Well still NO response from LEA after dh faxed the earlier tribunal request form to them yesterday (he has faxed it again today)

I am not sure what the LEA are suggested pumpkin but they are openly saying I am only fighting for a statement to get Luke into my first choice school and not because his needs warrant it.

Totl nonsense as I have been fighting for years and do not even want the school I put as first choice anymore as now we know (from the statutory assessment SENDIST ordered the LEA to do) that he has mde no progress in 4 years! we feel he needs a special school

Well the LEA dained to sign and fax back the form on Friday afternoon so now I am waiting to hear back via email from SENDIST as to whether they would like us to fax the form and our completed attendence form (telling them whether we are bringin witnesses and representatives or not) or post them to them.

PP phoned me yesterday and said they have been through the note in lieu and all the reports that formed the statutory assessment and that there is tonnes MISSING from thr note in lieu (what a suprise)

They are hoping to meet with the SEN officer involved to see whether she will add all those points and change it to a statement (believe that when I see it, has ANYONE here ever known something like that to happen?)

They will either get back to me today, tomorrow or after next week depending on when they can get to have the meeting with her.

What is great though is apparently the woman tried to say to PP that we are doing this to get him into a particular popular secondary school and PP were able to say this is NOT about secondary school as they know we have been fighting to get his needs met since 2001 as we were one of PP first clients here lol

I hope this gets resolved for you and Luke soon, and that your pp person can get things moving with the next meeting. Its horrible for you and Luke that its been dragging on so long >:D<<'>