Sign in to follow this  
nellie

MMR report 'not denial of autism link'

Very interesting. I still don't know wheter to have Kian vacinated, I have this fear it may make him worse than he is and we would lose the bright gifted child we have, but on the other hand do I want him to catch some dreadful disease and have to deal with those consequences. Oh the joys of parenthood.

Wendy.

"Oh wouldnt it be luv-ver-lee" in the words of the immortal eliza dolittle, apparently George Bernard shaw was AS!

Would it be lovely if they could look at children like mine who regressed following MMR vaccine and find out exactly why it happened, what pre-disposition caused it to happen and then pre-screen all future vacinees so parents did not have this worry!

Until then my kids are never having another vaccine.

Vitamin A is something recommended to me. It is useful for both having a vaccine and an illness ie measles etc. It is an anti-oxidant, a compound that may protect against disease by neutralizing unstable oxygen molecules, called free radicals, within the body. This vitamin is involved in the night vision, growth, cell differentiation and reproduction. It also maintains the health of the skin (prevents acne and dermatitis) and surface tissues especially those with mucous linings. These linings are the body first defense against infection that is why vitamin A helps fight colds and infections, particularly in the mucous membranes of the eyes, ear, nose, throat, lungs and bladder. It may also reduce breast cancer.

But reinforcing mucous linings it is believed to stop secondary infections where virus crosses over to brain etc. Secondary infections or complications are the usually the life threatening or dangerous conditions associated with these illnesses.

Does this make sense?

It seems that many autistic kids, especially if they have gut problems dont absorb enough vitamin A (and other vitamins) from foods.

Take look at theories of autism:

http://www.healing-arts.org/children/autis...htm#Vitamin%20A

scroll down to "Vitamin A Deficiency and Autism"

another interesting study is:

http://66.70.140.217/y/autism_vitA.html

Vitamin A is just a suggestion Wendy, but I do know how parents feel. You feel so unsure and confused over this issue, perhaps there is something behind the humble vitamin after all.

Edited by CarolJ

Im with Carol (as always) on this as our kids stories are almost identical.

My son will never be vaccinated again as long as there's breath in my body .

Lisa xxx

Is it, isn't it? Should we, shouldn't we?

If there genuinely are no links, why can't the government convince parents of that with hard facts instead of the same old BS they've been trotting out all these years?

I did a research project 6 years ago (before my son was diagnosed) and found - quickly- evidence to undermine every FACT put forward in the Govt pamphlet 'MMR-The facts'. Haven't looked lately (don't need to, I know what I think!), but I'm fairly sure this pamphlet hasn't been updated, so is still wildly inaccurate...

Proving a link is incredibly difficult, but there's enough circumstantial evidence for a 'beyond all reasonable doubt' conviction. The gov't that does admit a link, however, will be out at the next election (for such is the political clout of the drug co's) and facing vaccine damage payments running into billions... The real financial/political and health implications in this debate are not the ones that are trotted out - they are far more pervasive and far 'dirtier' than any gov't would be willing to admit...

Sorry - 2 soapboxes in one night... And i'm still on the antibiotics!! :D

recent investigation have convincingly shown that eradication of the three diseases of measles rubella and mumps is in practice impossible the rational basis of every immunization strategy that rests upon the mass vaccination of infants is thereby invalidated after a careful analysis of the relevant material we reject the state mmr immunzation campaign this was a joint statement issued by 180 european medical doctors i read this in a book i have called vaccines autism and childhood disorders in the book it also says some studies confirm that vaccines may cause autism in certain predisposed children health authorities however dent that autism is linked to vaccines some studies support their position. congress recently held several hearings to investigate the causes of, and cures for, this growing epidemic the testimony hints at a medical coverup this book is about what has gone on over in the states regarding vaccines but we are mentioned in the book but i think what goes on in the usa regarding vaccines does affect us they stopped using thimerosal in the vaccines long before we have this book is a real eye opener and shocking but i am glad i read it jenny

I was born October 1962. In her second month of pregnancy my mother got Rubella (german measles), and consequently I was born with Congenital Rubella Syndrome, and I have Asperger syndrome. :)

Edited by andrwg

That was a very intersting article.

My eldest AS child began to behave oddly within weeks of his first MMR jab. We moved to America and were 'forced' to give him the second jab as he wouldn't have been allowed to go to school, his leg swelled up to twice the size of normal and I swear his ASD (at the time undiagnosed) got more pronounced.

My second son had the first jab in the states but by the time we moved back to the UK I was wise to it and he hasn't had the second jab. And despite lots of pressure from certain people he won't be having it. Within weeks of having his first jab (which was when he was 14 months old) he stopped talking and didn't become verbal again until he was 3. He's 8 now and still has problems with language, (pragmatic language delay and autistic tendencies is his dx) I'm just thankful I decided to not let him have the booster!

Lauren

iam still very unsure about the mmr i wish someone could prove once and for all if there is a link or not so that parents didnt have to worry my son has been vaccinated ,when he had his first vaccination at 18months he was already undergoing assesments for autism and to be honest i had not heard of any links then, however i had heard all the therorys when he was due his second jab by then he had been formaly diagnosed with asd so we asked questions got told not to worry and went ahead with the second jab and i can tell you as the nurse injected him i cried i was so uncertain of what we were doing but luckaly it did not seem to do any harm apart from a very swollen leg , i think that in my sons case his asd has come from a number of factors mainly inherited but also i had painkillers all the way through pregnany he was born early starved of oxygen and so on i do not think the mmr took a part in my sons asd but on the other hand i do beleive that for some children it may have played apart . will we ever no the truth about this drug and in the meantime what are parents to do , asd is devestating and a life long challenge but measules can kill cause deafness and blindness as well as multiple limb amputation , i made my desision based on the fact that my son can walk ,run, climb .see the world and hear the birds singing yes he may not see or hear things quite as i do but atleast he is living of course his life will be a struggle but i would rather have him with all his problems than not have him atall which is what i risked if he contracted measulles (which he did a few weeks ago)this is just the way in which i justified my desision for me personaly and is not meant in any offence to any body else and there views as when i here parents talk of what they believe the mmr did to there child i believe and trust in there thoughts completly and i can not imagine having to watch my child dissapear i suppose it was a little easier for us as we always new right from the first week he was born that somthing wasnt quite right. come on mr blair give us some straight honest answers

Hi

I found this article very interesting, I really do have my doubts about this jab,J had a bad reaction to his first jab swelling etc and was very hard work as a toddler, but just thought I had been lucky with my first two! He went on and had his pre school booster and had another bad reaction and after that jab his problems became so much worse and eventually dx this year with aspergers, hes now 10! My youngest had her first jab, had no reaction like J, but within 48 hours was taken into hospital for 2 weeks with pain and sickness, eventually told it was a kidney infection, but not one dr would tell us it wasn't a reaction from her mmr,I refused her booster, but even now(shes 7) the drs still write to me and are not happy with me, but she has a lot of as traits, not to the extent of J but I would not risk giving her a booster.

Sorry how long I went on,but I believe if there is any doubt whatsever it should not be given until they are 110% it is totally safe for our children.

Looking back J showed signs of his autism from birth - he had all the jabs - this was before the prominence given to the mmr today.

If I did it again I think I would go for the single jabs route - despite the time and expense - the side effects of measles are too severe to risk.

But this is just my opinion and I'm not facing the decision ... :(