Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frangipani

BIBIC did anyone get any info...

Guest hallyscomet

Hi

Did anyone manage to visit BIBIC for some of their chats online, I am unable to because of the time difference.

I am really interested to get any information about the nutrition if possible could someone please let me know how it went and if they gave some good suggestions regarding nutrition.

Thanks

H.

Edited by hallyscomet

I didn't do the chat, but I went to several BIBIC seminars a couple of years ago, at which the BIBIC nutritionist Caroline was a speaker. I did ones on ADD/ADHD, then Autism, Aspergers, and one on Early Behavioural Indicators, about the sensory issues that can be spotted and helped at a very early age.

The nutritionist talked about avoiding artificial colourings, additives, caffeine etc, and aspartame, addiction to milk and wheat, how too much milk lines the gut and stops other nutrients being absorbed, the opioids etc and the GF/CF diet, withdrawal symptoms etc and about salycilates (cant spell that :unsure: ). She also went into supplementation generally. Children going to BIBIC are assessed over a couple of days by several professionals, including the nutritionist, advice given on nutrition, exercises, behavioural management etc etc, and the parents go home armed with the information of what they can do to help their child, information for their children's schools, and what to expect in the way of problems (for example if a child comes off wheat and/or milk), and then can telephone for further advice if they need to. Children can then return for a shorter reassessment later.

BIBIC's not far from me, very interesting place, had a good look round whilst I was there at the pool, sensory room etc.

If no-one else did the chat, hope this helps give you a general idea. :)