Viper

Relating to NT kids verses Spectrum kids.

Ben has made friends with 2 boys on the spectrum. One is Autistic the other has ADHD, dyspraxia and epilepsy. The are both much older than him, one being 12 the other 10. They come round to play with Ben who is 5. They really seem to get on well together and I think they are lovely boys.

Ben also has an NT friend who is 5, they seem to fight all the time. The thing I have noticed is that I can't relate to the NT boy in the same way I can to the spectrum boys. I find the same with my NT DD's friends too. They seem too self assured, over confident and cocky. I don't speak to them much and find them irritating. Whereas the two boy's, I can talk to the and really like them. They always say hello and seem to respect that they are in someone elses house, almost humble, it's hard to explain. Innocent I suppose is the word.

Is it that I spend so much time around my 2 spectrum kids and know how they behave or is it that kids today seem more worldly wise than we were?

Anyone else find this?

A bit of both, I suspect! :lol:

I do know that my two older children sometimes speak to me in a way that I would never have spoken to my parents...

But, having said that, they also tell me things and talk to me about things that I would never have felt able to ask/talk to my parents about. And I would rather they can talk openly to me about stuff than feel that they can't, like I did with my mum and dad. Bless her, but my mum never said the word 'period' to me until after I'd had my first baby!! :o:lol:

It's late, so I don't know if I'm making any sense... :wacko:

Bid :)

Oooh, Vipey...just over a week to Herne Bay! :D:clap:

Yay herne bay. Can't wait and it's looking good for us to come too. So far hubby thinks he will e here. Woohooo. :dance:

thats really interesting because i find this aswell, i am on the spectrum a bit though.. its like nt children should all be on super nanny if you know what i mean

I find my ds has an 'innocence' about him whereas other children his age (6) seem to be more grown up and worldly wise. I forget that they're the norm and ds#1 isn't so keep being surprised at how mature they seem.

Two girls from ds#1 old school were in the swimming pool today and they were taking the 'p' in a way that seemed way too advanced for 6 yr olds (till their Grandma told them off! :) )

:( We find that our sons nt friends only want to have a sleep over with him because he can help them get further with their play station games than anyone else,and when our son meets them in the street with their non AS friends they just ignore him.and AS son cant understand why he ignores him :(