TheNeil

The Movie Quotation Quiz

Apologies to Suze for kind of 'borrowing' your idea (from the 'Name That Tune' thread) but for us idiots who have trouble listing maybe five songs, here's a movie based alternative

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, it's a rolling quiz. I'll post a quote from a film, you work out which film it's from and then post a quote for someone else to guess - easy

Ok, as an example:

Quote - "I'll be back"

Answer - The Terminator

Here goes then (and an easy one to start off): "To infinity and beyond"

Sounds like it is something from Finding Nemo.

Anybody recognise this?

"We gotta take these b*st*rds. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part"

Simon

Got to be from Animal House (1978)

Anybody know this one:

"If it is there, at Tanis, then it is something that man was not meant to disturb. Death has always surrounded it. It is not of this earth. "

For a minute there I thought it was The Mummy - but I think it's Raiders of the Lost Ark, so :

"Too bad she won't live . . But then again, who does?"

Elanor

Barbarella?

That one i can never remember the name of written by Dan Obannon (? can't remember that either) that's supposed to be a 'classic' budget movie but is actually quite boring with the 'ark' in space?

Duck Soup? (I'm struggling now!)

Citizen Kane (not getting any warmer, am I?)

L&P

BD

Waccoe it is an opening line to a song - by Oliver. Which for some reason my Son picked up on and called out one morning from his bed :D He can be cute sometimes!!

Clue: Kids film - remake.

KW

Got it: Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (although I also seem to remember it being used in song in The Simpsons)

"I don't feel the sickness yet, but it's in the post. That's for sure. I'm in the junkie limbo at the moment. Too ill to sleep. Too tired to stay awake, but the sickness is on its way. Sweat, chills, nausea. Pain and craving. A need like nothing else I've ever known will soon take hold of me. It's on its way"

Edited by TheNeil

Got it: Charlie and The Chocolate Factory (although I also seem to remember it being used in song in The Simpsons)

"I don't feel the sickness yet, but it's in the post. That's for sure. I'm in the junkie limbo at the moment. Too ill to sleep. Too tired to stay awake, but the sickness is on its way. Sweat, chills, nausea. Pain and craving. A need like nothing else I've ever known will soon take hold of me. It's on its way"

Trainspotting?

Pretty sure it's A Few Good Men

How about:

"If she looks back, it means she's interested. Come on, give me a look back now. Just give me that smug expression and be on your way."

Hey Baddad, think you might be referring to Dark Star - which I would call a 'so bad it's good' film :whistle:

I must admit that i love Dark Star :lol: . If anyone knows of a better film that was made as a college project for the cost of a new car, I'd like to see it. :P

I haven't watched Dark Star for yonks - got it on video in the loft somewhere. Guess that means you guys won't be into Bad Taste or Revenge of the Killer Tomatoes (more movies I haven't seen for ages). I do like a budget movie at times :blink:

TheNeil - any clues on this one, as it seems to be stumping us all

"If she looks back, it means she's interested. Come on, give me a look back now. Just give me that smug expression and be on your way."

KW

In the line of fire.

Give that man/woman a cigar :D

Care to get the ball rolling again?

Edited by TheNeil

Well, not sure if Neil is still following his string, or I can introduce a new one...

But this is easy:

"Watching John with the machine, it all seemed so clear...

Of all the so called father's who came and went through his life...

Wouldn't get drunk and hurt him etc"

Probably the best monologue in any film ever

rich

(Flying on Saturday - blimey)

Well, not sure if Neil is still following his string, or I can introduce a new one...

But this is easy:

"Watching John with the machine, it all seemed so clear...

Of all the so called father's who came and went through his life...

Wouldn't get drunk and hurt him etc"

Probably the best monologue in any film ever

rich

(Flying on Saturday - blimey)

Easy peasy - T2 - Judgement day...

SO:

"Whaddya doing?"

"I was going to inject your butt with window cleaning fluid"

"I don't mind. What'll it do?"

"It kills your brain last"

"Oh. I don't mind"......

The Man With Two Brains

"All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world."

"No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that."

The Man With Two Brains

"All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world."

"No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the universe gets that."

Hitch hikers guide...

Cinderella boy... Came out of nowhere... the usually reserved Augusta crowd have taken him to their hearts...

:D

can't remember the name of the film but is it the leonardo dicaprio one where he's a rich movie director n aeroplane designer??? just a guess???

kinky j

I could not post the first one that came to mind bit rude from Beverly Hill Cops my fav movie i love eddie murphy...

Here goes bit easy i know

Show me the money!!

The ultimately silly Bond film (and therefore my fav) 'Moonraker'

from one of my all time favourites (might be slighlty wrong)

'In case I don't see you, Good afternoon, Good Evening and Good Night'

Elanor

'Nobody puts baby in the corner!' :wub:

Boho :dance:

Oh my God Bid, that's spooky, I thought of exactly that quote lying in bed the other night!!! :o

Anna x