Sign in to follow this  
dooday24

BUS PASSES

I FILLED OUT THE FORMS BUT U CAN ONLY GET IT IF YOU GET HIGH RATE DLA BUT ITHEN ASKED IF I COULD IT ANY OTHER WAY AS REECE ONLY GETS MEDIUN RATE SHE SAID I COULD GET A LETTER FROM THE PEADIATRICIAN TO EXPLAIN ABOUT MY PROBLEMS GETTING REECE AROUND AND THAT HE ALSO HAS A MAJOR BUGGY SO HOPEFULLY HE WILL GET IT

we had to ring social services to get a form, just a basic 'are you registered disabled?' form, and the back had a bit for the GP to fill in. The GP filled it in, free, and Com now has a free bus pass which allows a carer (anyone) to travel free with him too. It also allows him to travel by train for 35p within Yorkshire and as far as Manchester.

Com gets middle rate with lower rate for mobility.

Z

ours do it differently the gp couldnt do mine it has to be someone higher and reece can only have one named person accompany him free which i complained about as my mother looks after him when im at work b ut apparently this may be changing in august anyway!

It's always worth getting the form even if they tell you on the phone you aren't entitled. I was going to apply for a freedom pass (London travel pass) for E last summer and they said only entitled if she got higher rate DLA but when I looked at the form it also said automatically entitled if no or only limited speech. Then Transport for London announced free travel for under 11's on all forms of public transport so I was able to tear the forms up for another few years.

It's always worth getting the form even if they tell you on the phone you aren't entitled. I was going to apply for a freedom pass (London travel pass) for E last summer and they said only entitled if she got higher rate DLA but when I looked at the form it also said automatically entitled if no or only limited speech. Then Transport for London announced free travel for under 11's on all forms of public transport so I was able to tear the forms up for another few years.

In Greater London kids under 16 travel free on the buses. There is a pass you can apply for, like an Oyster card, I think you get the forms from the Tube stations. you pay a one off ?5.00, then all the travel is free after that. The tube is free to children after 9.30.

ive got to get in touch with social services for steven,would be very handy as we are always on buses

Every area is different on how they deal with it and what the crteria is and what the pass allows. Would maybe look it up on your local council site first.