Sign in to follow this  
col

Some children can be really cruel

Both the girls are in holiday club and were actually able to get a last minute place on the holiday club day out today. (Which is London Zoo).

So i toke the girls down, and DD8 is very exicted so really chatty. When she's happy she also stims (hands flab and she makes noises).

She's sitting at a table chatting to a member of staff. And there is two girls who must be about 2 years older. Who soon realise that there is some thing different about DD8.

So DD8 went in to a stimming mode and they started to quietly giggle. Then a bit later they would giggle again over what she said. So after the third giggle (quiet giggles). I said to the member of staff, but looked at the girls in question that i think 2 children need a quiet word. Which did shut them up. The lass said that she would mention it to the boss.

BUT if DD8 comes home upset, and i find out that those girls are responsible heads will roll.

Hopefully it shouldn't as they are in different groups. The lady who is looking after DD8 is strict and doesn't stand any nonsence. She has also known DD8 since she was 18 mths old (although haven't seen her for the last couple of years)

But i am really surprised that i didn't lose it.

Back, as hubby phoned, told him about it and he said they are just little girls they don't understand.

Told them they were throwing things around the room as well.

Col >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

have been in many similar situations as well, it's heartbreaking isn't it. :tearful:

I sincerely hope that your daughter enjoys herself and these girls leave her alone.

Brook >:D<<'>

She has had a girl basically called her crazy in front of her face to her mum. "this girl is crazy!" and it wasn't meant as a nice term.

I'm hoping she be ok as well. Anyway i'm be at home in case something does happen, which there shouldn't.

the good thing is they have a strict teacher with them,i know exactly how you feel,steve went to a holiday club once and it wasent until 3 days into it i found out he was constantly being ridiculed,i was so upset,the organisers offered him a trip on london eye as a sort of opology WITH the same kids who were bullying him!!! we declined that offer!

hope everything goes ok today,take care love hev x

Have been so worried about DD8 and those girls that i have just realised that DD7 hates esculators (sp) spent the day in London yesterday as she had a coloured lens assessment and i'm surprised that no one got hurt as she ended up on her bum going on one lot yesterday. And that made DD8 nervous so she got on them weridly and i had my 2 year old, a folded up pushchair and a bag. So am VERY surprised that i'm still in one piece to talk about it.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Kids can be little ***** at times.Ive been there too with my son and its heartbreaking for me.But i try to remember that 9 times outta ten my son doesnt actually notice there taking the mickey and it just washes over him even at 12 years of age its me whoes left fealing angry and frustrated.But if i speak me mind then i loose it so ive to keep it all bottled up.It aint easy.

:o trouble is, these things happen with kids. They are rude and nasty at times and dont care who they upset. I think you dealt with it well. Its not nice but thats life im afraid.

Kids can be so cruel. I think you handled it well by the sounds of it. I think you are brave sending your girls to a holiday club. I tried it once, at a club which advertised as being expert with special needs. The first thing they did was send my lad out to play football (which he hates because he is dyspraxic and cant understand the rules because he has language delay). Needless to say, I didnt send them back again. Hope your trip to London was worth all that stress - thanks for the PM.

Daisydot

They are back and have had a lovely day. Asked the lass that witness the giggling this morning and asked if there were any more incidences. And she said no and that they were even playing with DD8.

Another member of staff asked what happened so i told them that these 2 girls were giggling at her stims and that she is ? ASD.

One of them, who knew her when she was little said " I wouldn't even say she was borderline. She can talk really well" And that she impressed them as she was reading the names of the tube stations and she knew them.

Hummmmmmmm she was on the tube yesterday and was asking me the names. And she may have started a fascination with the tube stations.........

:wallbash::wallbash: i just told them to read her school reports. i gave them a copy of her latest reports as on the forms i had to sign it ask's if they have any difficulties and instead of me trying to explain them on a bit of paper. Thought it be easier to read the reports.

Kids are public enemey number one. They are very cruel and direct at others who don't look or act as they do. You have top wonder why education in school doesn't include respecting differences. A local school near had an award from the LA for raising funds to help other disabled children join in with school things. Outside the gates, they STILL teased and made fun of kids in a wheelchair, it defies logic, kids are MEAN ! They get awards for saving the environment,then leave school and head to the nearest sweet shop leaving an absolute trail of rubbish for miles..... and I won't get into the foul language that's the norm !

Glad your dd had a lovely time. It is so heartbreaking as a parent to witness these incidents, and unfortunately kids will react like that sometimes. Sounds as if your dd is in good hands with teacher, which is something to be thankful for. You never know, the two girls in question may have learnt something valuable today. Take care

very glad the day went well,my steve used to be obsessed with tube stations,use to carry around a map of the underground,bless him,wish he was 6 again,these teenage years worry me :crying:

Have to hunt down the minutes from her statement review that says that she has "autistic traits". But yep, there no sense of knowledge at all. And i'm angry with myself as i have just realised that if i was able to have her assessed formally i would be able to access information, especially an ASD outreach officer? to have a chat with them.

I even mentioned that her school didn't want her to get assessed as they fear that getting the dx will mean that the LEA will ask for a reassessment and place her back in borough (which is what i don't want). That it self speaks volumes!!

But hey i'm just a parent what do i know??

my steve used to be obsessed with tube stations,use to carry around a map of the underground,bless him,

LOL! J can tell you how to get from one area of London to another via the tube and he's never even been on one!

wish he was 6 again,these teenage years worry me :crying:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I have had similar, stood there a couple of times watching with my eyes glassing over.

You just have to remember that saying "the people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind don't matter".

It helps me anyway.

Mentioned about DD7 and her fear of esculators, well went to town this morning as she got another holiday trip coming up in to London. And as soon as she saw what i was planning to do she went ape ?$?$. Started to scream and threw herself on the floor. Had to pull her on to them. By the 10th time going up and down them she was able to let go off my hands and go on them by herself.

went to the bear shop, to get her a bear as an award. Told the member of staff there who understood as she was peterified of them herself and her hubby did what i did. Told her we were going in to boots(got somethere) and she said pop back in and tell me how it went. At boots, DD7 went on by herself and started to WALK down.

Pop back in and told the lady who i swear wiped her eyes.

I really do think and hope that DD7 has actually helped her and her own fears.