Stephanie

Last CD you listened to?

David Byrne/Brian Eno - My life in the bush of ghosts (and dare i say i also listened to DB's 'Catherine Wheel' or will I get told off for double posting again? :unsure::o:devil::whistle: )

David Byrne/Brian Eno - My life in the bush of ghosts (and dare i say i also listened to DB's 'Catherine Wheel' or will I get told off for double posting again? :unsure::o:devil::whistle: )

:shame::lol::P

Today I've listened to:-

Chutes too narrow - Shins

Yankee hotel foxtrot - Wilco

Figure 8 - Elliott Smith

Tragedy Rocks - The Crimea ..............and ............and............................. :P:P:P

SV

Helloween - oh wow nostalgia, you'll be bringing out the Cinderella and Twisted Sister next. Dee Snider ... the only guy who ever looked better with his bad make up slapped on. Shudder, he's ugly!

Liberation Transmission, Lostprophets ... if the rumours are true about Auriel going back to college, I shouldn't have to take any flack for saying that.

Lost Prophets? I take back everything I said. It's over!

I kid, I kid. Time of the Oath is one of the newer Deris-fronted albums so it's more speed/thrash than the 80's camp power metal, but I don't mind a bit of Twisted Sister.

Last album - Blood, Sweat & Tears by the band of the same name.

Hi all,

I havent posted here before yet, my wife has though. We have an autistic son and daughter with mild cerebal palsy. I was pointed here due to discussions elsewhere of MMR links and vaccines etc, which I will post about soon as need further insight. I am saddened to read of many experiences here of possible connections.

Music wise however:

MUSE : Black Holes n Revs

Note all Muse fans, did you catch their reading performance and message? I went to college with them btw and sang for a rival band. Im proud to see them where they are and particularly for their recent stance on things.

Pokerface : Made in America (Very like Pearl Jam with a federalist twist and truth based message, see myspace.com/pokerface if you dont know them)

Immortal Technique : Revolutionary Vol II (Truth in the form of Hip Hop, a serious prophet of todays age revealing whats really going on in the world. Explicit lyrics however)

regards to all

Reflecter

Well, i squeezed into my tartan bondage trews and bin liner t.shirt and had a good old pogo round the living room to 'The Best Punk Album In The World - Ever' - which it isn't, but it works well for a quick fix!

OK, I made it up about the bondage trews.......and the t-shirt.......and the pogoing...... but still a nice trip down memory lane! :lol::lol::lol:

Think i'll maybe indulge in disc 2 tomorrow - or maybe even some VINTAGE B-52's (wiiig wiiig wiiig wiiig!!!) And ben's back at skool too!!! Oh joy, oh bliss!! :clap::clap::clap:

L&P

BD :D

Ah, Mossgrove .... I can remember the poster from Jazz being on my brother's bedroom ceiling. I think my husband has a copy of it in the loft somewhere.

Prince: Sign O' The Times

I remember the poster for the 'Bicyle' single, 500 women wearing nothing at all on Bicycles and pretending to have a race!

Maybe that's the one DH has got in the loft?

Simon

Yeah he collects Queen vinyl, has a massive collection so probably has many copies of that poster in the loft ... and I dread to think what else!

I do think it's true though .... "fat bottomed girls we make the rockin' world go round!!"

Hell yeah!

Apollo 440 - Dude descending a staircase

AND (don't care, me!) :P

Orb - Auntie Aubrey's excursions beyond the call of duty (vol 2)... should I, should i turn awawawawyyy....

L&P

Baddad are you sure you aren't just taking the helm from Auriel with your made up stuff? :P Of course you will be forgiven because you helped me out with the Polyphonic Spree question - saved me from much mental torture.

Oh god, I've just been listening to Don Henley .. it was an accident and I don't want to admit to it.

How VERY dare you!!

Auntie aubrey's excursions are two of the best remix albums EVER!!!

Mind you - Mr P does come up with some odd track titles: My fave is on 'The orb's adventures beyond the ultraworld':

A Huge, ever growing pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld [live mix mk 10]

Another fave title is on Hawkwind's 'Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music':

The aubergine that ate Rangoon

Or Julian Cope's:

Mik Mak Mok (Mok Mok Mok Hoolalalalazingzang)

L&P

Come back Auriel, all is forgiven.

Ten by Pearl Jam (again!) Well it is my fave CD in the whole world.

This time cranked out on my new CD multistack in my new car where it will remain as CD No.1 forever!

Coheed and Cambria - can't remember which album it was in the car stereo when I got in.

When I first heard them I hated them but hubbs said it was because I was in a bad mood and should give them a chance. So I did and actually they're growing on me :D

Gilbo?.......GILBO!!! Where are you, I think I love you :notworthy:

I while back you recommended I listen to Radiohead - The Bends, I bought it n didnt touch it for couple of weeks but gave it a spin last night and today again and again and again. I LOVE IT :wub::wub::wub:

Its much better than Hail the Thief.

Thanks for the recommendation. My recommendation to you. Go out and buy Funeral by Arcade Fire, its wierd, you'll either love it or hate it........either way its addictive :P

Gilbo?.......GILBO!!! Where are you, I think I love you :notworthy:

I while back you recommended I listen to Radiohead - The Bends, I bought it n didnt touch it for couple of weeks but gave it a spin last night and today again and again and again. I LOVE IT :wub::wub::wub:

Its much better than Hail the Thief.

Thanks for the recommendation. My recommendation to you. Go out and buy Funeral by Arcade Fire, its wierd, you'll either love it or hate it........either way its addictive :P

Gilbo's got a girl friend... Gilbo's got a girl friend... :lol::lol::lol:

My live in concert recordings of Ian Dury and the blockheads.... "I'm Spasticus"

L&P

BD :D>:D<<'>

Good on you Daisy, giving the Co & Cam a shot ... fab album (..Appollo??)! I was listening to it in the car earlier, mega volume, enjoying the fact that my kids were home with their Dad whilst I was on my way to a shopping mission at M&S!

I often wake up with hair like Cladio Sanchez the Coheed & Cambria guy, thank goodness for hair straighteners!

An Elvis Costello greatest hits collection with Brilliant Mistake, Everyday I write the book and Man out of Time on.

I love a bit of Elvis now and then - then sometimes I just cant stand his voice, always clever lyrics though!

I notice a lot of people post EC lyrics in 'name that tune' thread. Where's that gone anyway??

SV

Was wiggling around to 'Shakira...Shakira' with M earlier..... :blink::huh::dance::dance::lol:

.......don't think that counts...... :lol:

Afraid i'm far too yoooooof-ful to recognise most of the albums you lot are talking about.....

(and if you believe that................ :lol:)

;)

:robbie:

Edited by smiley

Yes, The Bends is a lot better then Hail To The Thief.

I have heard Funeral before it was okay, I suppose.

Oh real thread contributions.

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III

Prince - Sign O The Times