Stephanie

Last CD you listened to?

Woo kraftwek. I like autobahn. But i havne't heard any of their other songs. :-p

anyways:

Throbbing Gristle - Giftgas

fleetwood mac - rumours... a friend was playing it in their car. It was awful.... :lol::lol::lol::whistle:

Some of that MOR stuff dates really well - Joan Armaplating/CSNY etc... but some doesn't hold up so well :(

:P

L&P

BD :D:devil:

Funkadelic - One Nation under a Groove

The guitar work on the live version of 'Maggot Brain' is awesome.

Simon

Edited by mossgrove

I must be a bit of a dunce when it comes to music. I've never heard of some of these bands and their songs that you lot are listening to. Did I miss something in my development? I'm still listening to Simple Minds and U2. Is this arrested development or am I just a bit of a boring dufuss? :lol: I have a bit of a thing for James Blunt and Robbie :wub: and absolutely adore Velvet Underground... but these people being mentioned by you other guys I've never even heard of them :huh:

Flo' :jester:

Hi flo...

David Byrne is the guy from 'Talking Heads' - even you can't have slept through THEM!!!

Don't worry about auriel's posts - he makes them up!!! Skinny Puppy?? i arsk ya! That's the name of a low fat Ice Cream isn't it??? :P;)

L&P

BD :lol:

Skinny puppy? That's that stuff that makes your hair go straight! All the best salons are using it :lol:

Forgot to mention.... I'm also still bopping away to Black Sabbath. I have a couple of favourites of theirs that I put on when I'm drunk and head bang in the corner of the dining room....all very private of course :ph34r:

Skinny puppy? That's that stuff that makes your hair go straight! All the best salons are using it :lol:

Forgot to mention.... I'm also still bopping away to Black Sabbath. I have a couple of favourites of theirs that I put on when I'm drunk and head bang in the corner of the dining room....all very private of course :ph34r:

Now the other night on TV the flaming lips did a cover of 'war pigs' - THAT was something!! I still think 'fluff' is one of the best slow instrumentals of that era... Mind your head on that welsh dresser!!

L&P

BD

Mendelssohn's Symphony Number 11 in F Minor.......

Predates Black Sabbath by a few months at least!

IS IT? It's not credited?? I'll have to give it a listen!!!

Thanks, Simon!!

L&P

BD :D

I must be a bit of a dunce when it comes to music. I've never heard of some of these bands and their songs that you lot are listening to. Did I miss something in my development?

If that's in reference to anything I've listed I wouldn't worry. Most people who weren't into the music scene around 65-79 haven't heard of alot that I listen to - Although I was born in '87. Work that out.

Just been playing In The Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson, now it's If 3 by If.

stephanie i think you need to find some new cds.

anyway, just put on:

The Tear Garden - To Be an Angel Blind, the Crippled Soul Devide

Edited by Auriel

stephanie i think you need to find some new cds.

..because, heaven forbid, she might like different things than other people? Impossible!

Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells (the whole album) followed by Van Der Graaf's Still Life here.

today I listened to 'Floor Sander' by 'Tool Hire R US'

It were an experience :lol:

I danced the 'rib jabber' with the lead singer

:huh:

Flo' (very sore)

Edited by Flora

I listened to Paranoid and Radiohead's Kid A: Paranoid is awesome as ever Kid A still leaves me cold and confused.

I mean The Bends is such a great album, why did they go electronic?????

I mean The Bends is such a great album, why did they go electronic?????

Gilbo, I've only got 'Hail the Thief' which I like a lot but hear that most 'real' radiohead fans are disappointed in. Maybe I should investigate some of their other stuff. I did give OK Computer one listen and couldnt get hooked but then one listen is never enough to make a judgement. I have heard 'Creep' and 'Fadeout' and like them a lot, which album are they from??

SV

Oh and the last CD that i listened to is:

A Fond Farewell, tribute to Elliott Smith - Various Artists, Double D Records. :wub:

today I listened to 'Floor Sander' by 'Tool Hire R US'

It were an experience :lol:

I danced the 'rib jabber' with the lead singer

:huh:

Flo' (very sore)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have u listened to their latest album 'OOOOPS There go my Fingers' AKA 'The Circular Saw Blues'

SV

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Have u listened to their latest album 'OOOOPS There go my Fingers' AKA 'The Circular Saw Blues'

SV

I haven't had that pleasure yet, but I can tell you 'Paint fume Odysey' a strange composition :balloon::bounce:

..because, heaven forbid, she might like different things than other people? Impossible!

Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells (the whole album) followed by Van Der Graaf's Still Life here.

Actually the point i was trying to make is that its the same thing as everyone.

Anyways, my amazingness music library is down, due to my hardware having died, and me being too lazy to reach for the cd player...

Edited by Auriel

Gilbo, I've only got 'Hail the Thief' which I like a lot but hear that most 'real' radiohead fans are disappointed in. Maybe I should investigate some of their other stuff. I did give OK Computer one listen and couldnt get hooked but then one listen is never enough to make a judgement. I have heard 'Creep' and 'Fadeout' and like them a lot, which album are they from??

SV

Oh and the last CD that i listened to is:

A Fond Farewell, tribute to Elliott Smith - Various Artists, Double D Records. :wub:

Creep is from there debut album Pablo Honey, the album shows promise but fails to deliver it.

Fadeout is actually called Street Spirit (Fade Out) its the album closer on The Bends cracking song.

You should listen to The Bends it is amazing and griips you immediatley.

Ok Computer is not quite as good but it is still very good and takes time to get into.

Thanks for the info Gilbo, I think i'll treat myself to 'The Bends' Its about time i got another Radiohead album.

So the last Cd I listened to is some pure slick POP...........

Chutes too narrow - The Shins

Its a reward for finishing my uni work YAY

SV

I've just been vacuuming to Metallica's Black Album.

Hey Auriel, I didn't start this thread to be insulted. Besides, I stand by the fact that System of a Down kick butt!

Now lets just review your posts ... hmm I see ... seems like someone is a little angst ridden ... well don't take it out on my CD collection!!! :P:P

Haha, Auriel suffers from teenage angst.

I bought Bob Dylan's "John Wesley Harding", Black Sabbath's "Black Sabbath, Vol 4" and The Who's "Quadrophenia", all are uniformly excellent.

I also listened to Led Zeppelin's "Presence", what the hell happened? Even "In Through The Out Door" is a very good album this just plain sucks.

Apart from "Achilles Last Stand" thats the best song ever.

Prescence had a difficult history. It was recorded in a hurry not long after Robert Plant and his wife were nearly killed in a car crash in greece and there wasn't anything like the normal preparatrion/rehersal that they normally put into an album (Rober Plant recorded all his parts sitting on a stool). it is also rumoured drink and drug problems were taking their toll, making the album recordings more of an unstructured jam session. Not a complete dead loss but they were a long way beklow their best.

Simon

Singing Kettle - Favourites vol1

it's a tape does that count ;) I keep removing it from my car but someone keeps sneaking it back in which would be okay if that someone would join in the actions as we're driving along - I like to entertain the commuters in the morning school run ;)

CD-Fleetwood Mac- Greatest Hits - good to wiggle at whilst washing the dishes.

Lorraine

Me? Angst? no i just shout at small children.

Angst implies poetry, which implise Emoness.

And i am Anti-Emo

I AM ANTI-ANGST AURIEL

anyways

Mindless Self-Indulgence - You'll Rebel To Anything

Edited by Auriel

Mezmerize by System of a Down "RAWK"! (pulling devils horn sign on hand) ...

Hell yeah! And Metallica as well! Surely this couldn't be a Mum who manages to retain taste in music! I only know one other of those :D

Iron Maiden - A Matter Of Life And Death