Sign in to follow this  
Lynden

Think my sis is in for a bit of a shock

Leona and I are going off for two days, staying overnight in a couple static caravan with three other Mum friends and her preschool friends. We were going to stay four nights but I decided that was a bit much, and my Dad has also just had bypass surgery so I wanted to be closer to home.

I didn't want Leona to miss out altogether so two days was a compromise as she rarely gets longer than a few hours with just me.

My sister has offered to keep Logan - normally my parents would but for obvious reasons thats not possible at the minute. She'll be keeping him in my house so all will be familiar to him so I'm hoping he'll be okay (she hasn't kept him for more than a few hours before).

I think she's in for a shock though :P Typical comment yesterday - she was talking about making dinner and said she was going to Tesco and my Mum said 'but you'll have Logan' and my sister said, and I quote 'I'm not like Lynne, I can strap him into a car seat and take him'.

:shame: I dont not take him because I dont want to, I dont take him because its a frigging nightmare for all parties.

If it wouldn't stress him out I'd be tempted to let her take him to get a real taste of what I have to deal with on a daily basis. :P

Generally she's fab, but I dont really think she has a real idea what my life is actually like!!

Lynne x

Edited by Lynden

I have worked closely with a young lad with asd for the last three years, he's made huge strides forward but there are still a lot of things he can't cope with and we make allowances for these because if we didn't he'd go into serious meltdown.

When I passed his info on to his next teacher her attitude was, why dont you make him do it, I tried to explaine but she was having non of it, she actually turned round and said 'oh don't worry, I'll have him sorted out by Christmas'

I was seething but I guess she'll soon change her mind and be excepting some advice

Oh boy she is in for a shock don't ya just love sisters that think they know what to do with our little one !!!!

Oh well don't worry when meltdown occurs and you return to a worn out sister u can have a little chuckle to yourself hun.

Hope you and Leona have a great time and your dad gets better soon

Lisa x

I hope this will be an educational experience for her.

I hope also that you and your daughter have a great holiday!

least youre sister is willing to take youre son my wont have mine even if i paide her yet shes full of little gems of advice as to where i go wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youre sister is in for a right old shock.Part of you will be hopeing it all goes ###### up and she gets a real taste of what its like for you but yer can guarantee itll all go smoothly and youll get the old "its you not logan thats the problem he was great for me no problems"

Enjoy youre time away. :D

Hope you and your daughter have a wonderful time :D Really kind of your sister to offer to care for your son....and you never know...she may be alittle bit more aware of what your life is really like when you get back....you may find shes done her shopping online :lol::D Take care

Hope you enjoy yourself :D

There are some things you just can't explain, they have to be experienced at first hand! :o:rolleyes:

Hope it goes well for all of you, Lynden, and that you have a great time away :)

K x

I imagine the reality might be different to what she is expecting. Hopefully it will give her a better insight into your every day life

Have a good couple of days away with Leona :)

Lx

hope you have lovely time with leona,the favourite saying my sister says to me is"steve was as good as gold" she says it through clenched teeth so i think shes fibbing :lol: enjoy yourself

Thanks all :-) Apparently he was 'no bother at all' but they didn't go anywhere other than here or my parents which are Logans safe spaces ;-)

Leona and I had a lovely two days and I think she appreciated the attention for a change!

Lynne x

I can't say I am totally surprised by your update. The Boy tends to be quite calm when he is with others - generally I think because he is so comfortable with us that he knows he can be himself, whereas with others he is on his guard and so retreats into himself a little and just plays with his toys on his own / occupies himself.

Trouble is, we then have some fallout afterwards when he can relax when he is back with us.

If your sis has been fooled into a false sense of security, take advantage I say & ask her to do it again! I suggest you recommend a certain on line delivery service for the shopping tho! :lol:

Glad you had a good break. :D

Pleased to hear you and Leona had a great time, and that he was 'no bother' usually when people say that about my kids it means they have got away with murder and babysitter has ignored it or given up :lol:

Edited by lil_me