Sign in to follow this  
lorryw

always being sensible

I just wondered how many others of you girlies are just like me.

Ive just been into town and seen the most gorgeous pair of shoes. A beautiful sage green suede, lovely (tasteful) little bow on the front and 2 1/2 inch heel. I tried them on and they looked great, after a few minutes of prancing around admiring myself in the mirror I put them back and bought a pair of sensible flat lace ups. Same with clothes, I love all the velvets and shiny stuff around but dont even try them on. A little voice always points out that Ive got no where to wear it and its not machine washable!

I would love to buy something glam and glitzy but Im just too sensible.

Anyone the same or do you all flit around in designer gear?

love Lorainexx

I don't know that they do designer gear to fit me :o So no I don't flit about in that but I do wear what I like and if that meant a pair of beautiful sage green suede shoes then I would buy em and wear em :devil:

I would not have done this a few years ago, but I had a talk with myself a couple of years back and decided that I had an awful lot of nasty bits going on in my life and if buying a few nice bits made me feel better then that would have a knock on effect with the whole family :whistle: And actually it works.

My down fall is jewellery mostly from a certain TV channel where it comes pretty cheap (have not gone right off the rails yet) and some days if I am down then just wearing a certain ring with a nice bright stone cheers me up - sad I know but it works for me. I don't smoke and I don't drink so a treat every now and then can't be so wrong can it?

Oracle

i thought i was really daring yesterday i brought myself a sparkly pair of shoes with a little heel and i got myself some long sparkly earrings,just put them on in front of nick and he said i look like pat butcher :crying:

Oh! You should treat yourself. You don't have to go out on the town just wear them. I've got champagne taste and beer money. I've got a few nice bits but I never pay lots for them (charity shops or Ebay)

Wear what you've got don't save it for best especially if you like me and don't really go anywhere. Enjoy

i totally agree, if you don't treat yourself now n then you just end up depressed n that affects everyone around you. my problem is books, if i start a series i have to find out how it ends, and at seven quid a book it gets expensive.

saying that, i do like my jewelry n clothes too :D maybe it's just the spending???

My personal shopping now is WAY too sensible. I own 8 of one type of t-shirt 4 black 4 navy, same with another few I just buy same. I own 5 of the same pairs of trousers. Far too plain, far too boring bu so easy.

Before the kids :blink: was the opposite

I think you should get those shoes, Loraine! :D>:D<<'>

I love things with sequins and beads :D:clap:

You can still be practical and sparkley...I've got a hoodie that's embroidered with beads and sequins :thumbs::thumbs:

I mostly wear jeans, but my tops/sandals/necklaces/toe nails are usually sparkley :D

If I had the money my weakness would be boots! :wub:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Guest hallyscomet

I am like Bid, love dressing up doing the hair, nails.

At home I love romping around in the typical homey clothes but when I am out probably spend an hour doing the girly thing hair makeup clothes. My daughter and I have fun adding to our wardrobe. You feel better about yourself and more confident when you are out and about.

My lifestyle is mixed and varies. Go girl buy those shoes you deserve them, or look around for some the same a bit cheaper.

In my youth I did modelling and my Mentor would say go to all the really expensive stores and see whats in fashion and buy the girly magazines in Pre spring/summer pre autumn winter see what was in fashion and bargain shop, you are always guaranteed to find that dress and 1/5 th the price at another store. :thumbs:

It doesnt have to cost you the earth and you do deserve a bit of pampering. :dance::dance:

H.

Oh God, you're all far too glam for me!! It's the same old canvas pants and white t-shirt for me every day, and I don't even iron them.

Karen (Mrs Matalan)

x

karenT,im the same,i wear black bootleg trousers and black plain tshirt most days :crying:

from hev

(mrs primark!!)

Just go for it got we take enough rubbish and like so spoiling ourself now and then is a must I like the designer stuff but only when it's in the sale LOl!!!!!

Lisa x