bid

mousie, mousie...

The little mouse that visits our kitchen of an evening has now managed to eat the bait in the humane trap three times, and escape unscathed, once neatly shutting the little trap door behind him!! :lol::shame:

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

The little mouse that visits our kitchen of an evening has now managed to eat the bait in the humane trap three times, and escape unscathed, once neatly shutting the little trap door behind him!! :lol::shame:

Then it's time to ditch the humane trap and choklit and go for the 'Splattulator' - One 'thwack' and he's off your back! Just get to the trap before the kids do... :D

L&P

BigBadDad :devil::devil:

Ours got fat on the pieces from Mars bars that we were told were best to leave in the traps. They even got cheeky enough to sit at the bottom of the stairs in broad day light and taunt me. Eventually we had to resort to poison. Yes, I know it's really cruel but we tried all types of traps and they took the bait from them all. Poison worked great though. :o:devil:

yes 'fraid we had to ditch the humane trap too, resorted to poison as mouse was taking the pee! In the kitchen, under dd's bed :o , in the airing cupboard basically running riot!

As hubby is a VERY strict veggie it was a hard thing to do, but if mousie wont play nicely....... :shame:

Anna x

We saw a little mouse in our kitchen last Saturday evening. He ran behind the washing machine and (having seen too many Tom and Jerry cartoons) I laid a trail of my sons chocolate birthday cake leading out to the backdoor. The little swine dived out, grabbed the biggest piece and disappeared never to be seen again.

Ours got fat on the pieces from Mars bars that we were told were best to leave in the traps. They even got cheeky enough to sit at the bottom of the stairs in broad day light and taunt me. Eventually we had to resort to poison. Yes, I know it's really cruel but we tried all types of traps and they took the bait from them all. Poison worked great though. :o:devil:

As Ogden Nash said:

Candy is dandy but strycher's is quickers!! ;):devil::devil:

The humane traps didn't work for us either :( Infact I'm sure I caught one sticking two little mousey fingers up as they left under the washer with huge chunks of chocolate......and I was loathe to share my chocolate with ANYONE :devil: Ended up buying the plastic ones....which kill them...felt soooo bad....but it was us or the mice and only one could be the victor .......but dh had to dispose of them :tearful::sick:

Yay...mousie found in trap this morning :thumbs:

J. drove off with it, still in the trap, and let it go at local picnic spot! :o

Might have been two mousies, 'cos the day before he found half a mousie on the patio (next door's cat) :sick:

Edited by bid

I bet you're glad you've caught him the humane way :thumbs:

Mind you If there were two, there might be more :o

We once caught 2 little mice in a milk bottle trap. It was a milk bottle propped on its side with a little ramp for them to get in but it was tilted so they couldnt get out again. They were so beautiful and tiny and otherworldy and they looked so bewildered. I let them loose in a local park, a very emotional moment - Oh dear I think my hormones are going funny again :wacko:

SV

Ben would be so pleased with you.We used every humane trap available but ended up resorting to old fashioned metal and wood style-Ben was most put out when we caught poor thing-on christmas morning. :D Karen.

Guest hallyscomet

:lol::lol::lol:

Mousie Mousie :whistle: I wish, I left the cat food on the back verandah as always and one evening we had just finished using the barbeque and I heard something nibbling away at her biccies, first glance it thought it was a possum, I went up close and said oh how cute then SCCCCCCCRRRREAMed the house down :robbie::robbie::robbie: it was a rat with the head size bigger than my CAT!!!! :ph34r::o:o I threw water at it to make it go away and it kept coming back :sick::sick: I still cant get that image out of my head and its months later.

Finally they were able to peel me off the roof,

:o:o

Have you seen that movie 'Honey we blew up the kids" thats HOW BIGGGG. :o okay it was a bush rat so not as bad as a city rat :devil:

Edited by hallyscomet

I was in a shop yesterday and saw 'sticky' traps - they're like flypaper for mice - and is it just me or does that sound like just about the sickest thing ever? Anyone who's had that 'running through treacle' dream will know just how terrifying that is, so why on EARTH would you want to do that to a mouse? Better to just kill them outright than traumatise them for a whole night, and how on earth would you free them in the morning?

Mind you, if they KNEW what was happening it would be a different kettle of fish -= great fun! Like those 'human fly' velcro suits they make so people can bounce off a trampett into a wall!!

Whhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! (there goes Benji mouse!)

sorry -IGMC :lol::lol::lol:

BD :D

That made me laugh till i realised that the mouse would have to be killed in the end :o

Poor little mice. Surely the RSPCA wouldn't allow that!! More humane to kill em outright. I still prefer the milk bottle trap only nowadays its hard to get a hold of a milk bottle and cartons dont work.

SV

That made me laugh till i realised that the mouse would have to be killed in the end :o

SV

Hi SV - I don't think you have to kill them - they're a stupid humane trap, I think(?) it was just the thought of how you'd get them unstuck in the morning without them biting you????? And I DO think 6-8 hrs of being 'stuck' would probably be terrifying, don't you? The other humane traps (chocklit/raisin baited) do seem to work, and if your mouse is too clever for that well he sort of deserves the 'splattulator', doesn't he? so these sticky traps seem a waste of time/money all round?

Incidently, have you heard that 'urban legend' about the lab mouse that was wired so that every time it pressed a button it 'got the feeling' ;) , and eventually it buzzed itself to death? Now if they could mass produce THAT!!! Come to think of it......... :whistle::whistle::whistle:;)

L&P

BD :D:lol::lol::lol:

I suppose you could just keep it as a stationary pet. Or if the trap is made out of cardboard you could cut round his little feet and he'd have little soles, at least then you would hear him when he's raiding the kitchen cupboard. In fact i wouldnt mind a sticky trap for my dog. It would stop her making that annoying tippy tappy noise on the laminate floor when I'm trying to WORK.

As for the buzzy thing. I know where you can get something like that ;)

Actually didnt Woody Allen have something like that in one of his films Sleeper maybe?

SV

Actually didnt Woody Allen have something like that in one of his films Sleeper maybe?

SV

The orgasmatron... Give it back!!

Little sticky flip-flops - could catch on you know! Too slow, I've already applied for patent: The clippy-cloppy flippy-floppy : keeps your puppy peppy and your puss in boots!

L&P

BD :D

Actually, I hear the really clever mice are getting over the sticky problem by fashioning pole vaults from discarded cocktail sticks.

The buzzy thing - apparently the mouse became so obssessed with pressing the button it lost interest in other forms of gratification, like eating and drinking. Starved itself to death in the end- but what a way to go! :hypno::hypno::P

K x

Actually, I hear the really clever mice are getting over the sticky problem by fashioning pole vaults from discarded cocktail sticks.

K x

Little beggars leaving them lying around for anyone to step on ;):lol::lol: !!

As for 'starved itself to death' - the version I heard had it that he grinned so wide the top of his head slipped off! bad mouse - naughty mouse - back in your trim wheel!

A little mouse with flip-flops, well I declare going flip-flippity-flop on the stair (oh yeah...right there...) :lol::lol::lol:

:D