lil_me

Ok how organised are you

Last year my son restarted school in trainers after braving the shops the last week to find nothing in his duck footed size. Thankfully managed to get most other things in the last week.

This year I have everything for them to return to school already

:blink: Shocked at my organisedness (not a word but used it today and I like it) Both boys are fuly kitted out for going back to school. You'd think I was wishing the holidays away or something.

Edited by lil_me

havent got anything for school at all yet,i will probably go to town the week before he goes back to find most of its out of stock,i do it every year and never learn my lesson :lol:

I've got all the school thingys sorted apart from ds new school shoes (bought him a pair in july last year, and come Sept he'd gone up a size :rolleyes: )........and have started on xmas :whistle::wacko::lol:

Mind you, my friends take the mickey because I'm scarily organised and have lists for EVERYTHING :hypno::hypno::hypno: Drives DH up the wall :lol:

Sometimes wished I was morel laid back about everything :unsure:

I am Soooo organised...

It's wee man's birthday tomorrow and I've spent tonight wrapping his prezzies and making his card on the PC....

new skool bukiform? He gets through two sets a week, so I'll do a bulk buy just before they go back...

I think school uniforms should be made out of paper and disposable (recyclable, of course)... I'd rather throw a quids worth of paper away per day than a ten quid trouser/polo shirt combo that comes home covered in PVA glue/paint/snot/grass stains and god knows what else!

Great card though - sonic the hedgehog and school sports day!

L&P

BD :D

What about the one store that has a monopoly on your kid's school uniform ? :angry:

I'm hoping I've got round this by buying Primark black polo shirts (?2.50 as opposed to ?9.50 for the school logo version) and I'm going to sew on the cut out logos from last year's now grey shirts.

DD is mortified.

wac

It is DS's Birthday on Saturday and we have already wrapped the presents and done the cards :dance: ! I am not normally that organised. It is usually late the evening before when we start to wrap them and then can't find the sellotape or run out of paper :o Have got a few bits of uniform but that is normally a last minute panic! I had forgotton about PE kit, thanks Justamom :D !

Woolies are advertising uniforms for a fiver! Saw it on telly last night and again in todays paper. Its worth a look if your children are hard on clothes.

I saved up my Nectar points for theirs, nearly all the clothes (apart from shoes) I got with them, ?5 in Adams or ?2.50 off in Sainsburys so I thought would save me cash & use them in Adams :D

Well, I've done absolutely nothing yet, and my eldest daughter is starting secondary school in Sept! :crying:

BUT...I have been busy redecorating the girls' room as they wanted a 'more sophisticated' look :lol:

So all the pink/lilac/sparkley/sequins have been replaced by browns and creams...their choice! :o I quite fancy it in there myself, now! :lol:

Sad to lose the pink sparkley bead curtain, though :(

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

not very organised at all havnt even thought about it yet :(:( but ive got organised 4 xmas this yr got cracking as have a large family havnt got a clue wat 2 get the kids yet :o:o

christmas,god you are organised :o then again saying that ive been putting tenner a week away in a christmas club and ive saved nearly ?300,the good thing is i cant touch it till november so no chance of me dipping in to it

Have to confess I have bought three pressies already :o But I have such a large family, if I don't start in Sept I just can't afford it :(

Boho :dance:

christmas,god you are organised :o then again saying that ive been putting tenner a week away in a christmas club and ive saved nearly ?300,the good thing is i cant touch it till november so no chance of me dipping in to it

Hev - I dunno how to tell you this hun, but didn't the 'Arthur Fowler Memorial Society Christmas Club Fund' ring any bells for you? :(:shame::shame:

Looks like a sock, a handful of nuts and a satsuma again, then, doesn't it :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously - those pound stamps at tesco's work really well - we've got the christmas shop well covered already. On the downside, i know that I'll just think 'well if the shoppings covered I CAN afford to get him...' which sort of defeats the object really :lol::lol:

L&P

BD :D>:D<<'>

We went and bought all the stuff for going back the first week of the holidays. Only some PE shorts and top to go. My "disorganised" bit is sewing all those rotten nametags in everything. I've invested in iron on ones this year.

Dd's b'day in 4 weeks and I've already got the party bags sorted :hypno: I used to start xmas shopping in sept to budget for it (when I was single) but planning pressies for dd and my nephew already!

I wonder about uniforms (not needed till Jan) I watch people by them in July thinking 'kids always grow over the summer' but as we know by the end of the hols there's nowt left!!! guess you just buy bigger :unsure:

Bit like womens seasonal fashions :angry: buying summer shoes in March!

Anna x

Totally organised here..... uniforms, shoes, etc etc. I've had experience of last minute panics in the past so don't want to go through it again!!!

Just have to get the stationery.... a trip to woollies and whsmith's will get that sorted.

Edited by Flora

I do not buy new clothes in for September because my son does not like the feel of new uniform. We have to wash it several times before he wears it. My son is so stressed come September that having new shoes and clothes only increase his anxiety. So we buy shoes in January and replace school clothes as needed through the year.

Christmas present shopping takes me two days to do and I go out and buy it all together (I hate shopping). We save all our Tesco vouchers and use them at xmas time to cover all the shopping (its amazing how all the small amounts build up).

Jen

I hit a brief burst of enthusiasm at the end of July - bought all the pants and shirts in M&Ss 3 for 2 sale, jumpers had to be ordered ages ago from school so had them ages (but kept them in the plastic bags until the holidays as the way things were going at school I half expected them to say they didn't want him back come September!)

Have sewed (!) lables into everything too. And washed everything a few times hopefully it won't feel too new. We braved Clarkes last week - half expecting them not to fit properly as it was manic, the fitter seemed really uninterested and didn't even ask him to walk in them.

Now I just need to try and persuade G to try everything on to make sure it fits, my chances are slim however as everything I've bought he says 'I don't need that because I'm not going back to school' :crying:

Is it just me who has boys that appear to have grown several cms since the start of the holidays ? I would have no idea what size to buy to fit when they go back to school. :D:D That is my excuse and I intend to stick to it.Look out for desperate requests for where to get hold of extra long slim fit trousers and large waist trousers on the 5th of Sep. :lol::lol::lol: Karen

Oh bog off you lot, I've still got to get started.

:lol::lol:

I usually don't start until late but as we are away the last week of the hols, I had to

:blink: But drats you just reminded me that I haven't got any name tags yet, oh bother !