Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frangipani

Sons temperament improving

Guest hallyscomet

Hi,

As you know my son has ASD & ADHD a few months ago there was a lot of talk about the benefits many children are getting from taking these oils. My son still has to take other meds just to help him get through the day, but I have to say I have noticed a lot of positive changes since he has been taking the fish oils plus evening primrose oil, his confidence seems to be improving. I really believe the Evening Primrose and Fish Oils are doing something. Somethings changed and I am know this is the only thing I have changed.

Just wondering if anyone else has found them beneficial. Here are some websites about it.

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...w_research.html

http://www.oilofpisces.com/attentiondeficitdisorder.html

http://www.abc.net.au/ra/innovations/stories/s1695160.htm

:)

I TRIED REECE ON FISH OILS BUT COULDNT GET HIM TO TAKE IT IWAS ADVISED THAT IT WOULD BENEFIT HIM HAVE TRIED A FEW DIFFERENT ONES BUT HE JUST HECKS LIKE HES GOING TO THROW UP ALSO WAS TOLD TO TRY HIM ON MULTIVITAMINS BECAUSE HE DOSNT EAT MUCH BUT WONT TAKE THEM

I TRIED REECE ON FISH OILS BUT COULDNT GET HIM TO TAKE IT IWAS ADVISED THAT IT WOULD BENEFIT HIM HAVE TRIED A FEW DIFFERENT ONES BUT HE JUST HECKS LIKE HES GOING TO THROW UP ALSO WAS TOLD TO TRY HIM ON MULTIVITAMINS BECAUSE HE DOSNT EAT MUCH BUT WONT TAKE THEM

Have you tried eskimo oils - they taste like bubblegum..and dinochews multivits, they are shaped like dinosaurs that they can be eaten like a sweet. I put my sons eskimo oil into a little bowl of jam and say it is jelly - and I use a multivit that I break into his juice (he cant have the flavourings in the dinochew mutivit)

Edited by on the edge

Hi Fra..... Frag...... Hello you :D

I've tried fish oils with my little monkey - but it didn't make much of a difference. Haven't tried the evening primrose though..... I'll have a moochy through your links. :D

I'm beginning to run out of 'diet-y things' to try to do to help him.

Tried fish oils....... small improvement, but didn't last.

Tried dairy free - for 6 months - absolutely no difference..... Grrrrrrr

Tried dairy free - for 6 months - absolutely no difference..... Grrrrrrr

Did you try removing soya too. My sons was just as intolerant to soya as milk when I had him tested, and apparently it is quite common. I have found that I had to take loads of stuff out of my sons diet before I saw a really big difference, as often other things become more apparent when you clear some of the major things out...is like opening a can of worms :tearful:

Edited by on the edge

If any of your children have epilepsy they should not have evening primrose oil! And alot of the fish oils/omega's have it!!!

Our pead also said if we were going to try them, stick to one type (don't know why, sorry)

A x

My son does not have epilepsy but got very hyper with evening primrose which is not an unknown reaction with autism apparently- the eskimo oil does not contain and neither does the nodric naturals chewable soft gels

How do you give fish oils to a child who wont take medicines and is suspicious of new tastes?

I expect he would notice them in his juice ...

Im sure someone must have overcome this though.

How do you give fish oils to a child who wont take medicines and is suspicious of new tastes?

I expect he would notice them in his juice ...

Im sure someone must have overcome this though.

Have you tried the EyeQ smooth? My son prefers to take the original capsules, but did try the smooth for a while. Bim's been on EyeQ since September 2003. We really notice the difference when we've had to stop giving him them for a while. Our house is hell when he's not on them.

Hi,

As you know my son has ASD & ADHD a few months ago there was a lot of talk about the benefits many children are getting from taking these oils. My son still has to take other meds just to help him get through the day, but I have to say I have noticed a lot of positive changes since he has been taking the fish oils plus evening primrose oil, his confidence seems to be improving. I really believe the Evening Primrose and Fish Oils are doing something. Somethings changed and I am know this is the only thing I have changed.

Hi, Tried the IQ oil, when DS was being very difficult at school last year, I decided not to tell anyone to see if any changes would be commented on, he had it for 4 months and during the end of that period he was excluded permantly from school, so I guess that a no from me!

Enid

If any of your children have epilepsy they should not have evening primrose oil! And alot of the fish oils/omega's have it!!!

Our pead also said if we were going to try them, stick to one type (don't know why, sorry)

A x

Sorry to jump in your thread Fran - but noticed Aro's post....... it looks as though my daughter is probably epileptic although will have more info at the next appt with the Paed - wondered about this Evening primrose oil thing - and also the mention of Omega - my daughter doesn't take any supplement like EPO etc - and I'm probably going well off the track here but I've been buying the Omega 3 fish fingers would that contain a similar thing and also wondered why they shouldn't take EPO etc.

Many thanks,

Jb

Hi, I have tried almost everything with ds, fish oils multi vit etc and he would not take or was on the verge of vomiting with all so never got the chance to see if they helped. But dietitian has just prescribed "Dalivit" drops that I add to his ceareal and ds did not detect it!!!!!!! so fingers crossed this will give him the vitiamins he needs

Hi, My son can smell something 'healthy' a mile away, but I get some milkshake powder, Nesquick - and give him a small glass of very cold milk and stir in the milkshake and then tip a small quantity of Efalax Omega 3 & 6 oil Lemon and Lime Flavour in it, and stir it in the milk and Nesquick, don't let him see the bottle, I keep it in the fridge.

Best to give it when they are thirsty. They just drink it down with it touching the sides. Start off with very small quantities and then as they get used to the taste start giving it in the recommend dose.

Hopefully that should work.

I know that it worked for my oldest son, and it does take a few months (I thin 3 plus moths) to kick in so be patient. Hope it works for your son.